PDA

View Full Version : Spam! BBC Chrome Weiand Tunnel Ram for Sale

cyclone
05-09-2003, 09:36 AM
i just had my tunnel ram chromed last week and have decided not run it. The chrome is brand new, although the shop did a poor job in the crevices. I'll let it go for 200bucks, which is what it cost me to get it polished and chromed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45tunnelram2-med.JPG
this tunnel ram has had cnc porting done to it to match my AFR heads but will outflow a stock tunnel ram and would work great on standard BBC heads too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45tunnelramports-med.JPG

Hustler
05-09-2003, 09:38 AM
If it had carbs I'd probably take it :p :D

Squirtcha?
05-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Carbs are cheap a plentiful Hustler. I'd take it in a heartbeat, if I was running a Chebby. That's a hell of a deal.

Bense468
05-09-2003, 03:12 PM
That is a steal but one question, why would you chrome it. I have yet to see an intake that came out good chrome. Why not just polish and clear powdercoat?

HBjet
05-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Bense468:
That is a steal but one question, why would you chrome it. I have yet to see an intake that came out good chrome. Why not just polish and clear powdercoat? Hey Bense, what's the deal with your motor and boat? I remember you capped the hull, and you where doing a rebuild on the motor, and I remember you had photo's of it on the motor stand at your house. What happened? What are you boating in now?
HBjet

cyclone
05-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Bense- I can't believe you asked that question? Because its pimp! Also i chromed it because i hate polishing it after every trip to the river. The chrome looks great except for the really deep crevices at the base of the manifold.

HBjet
05-09-2003, 03:46 PM
My tunnel ram is chrome, and I have a lot of people who think it's cool because of those same reasons. Easier to clean.
HBjet

Bense468
05-10-2003, 05:41 PM
I guess, I kind of think it looks cheap. That is just my opinion. I have my intake clear powdercoated and it just wipes up. I have always liked polished aluminumn over chrome, but you are right it is hard to keep up on. To me chrome just looks kind of cheap unless it is done really good. Mike is that Mikeys old intake of his flattie?
Randy, I put the boat back together last year and took it out Labor. I was out at blythe remember. You were supposed to show up. You backed out. I had capped it a long time ago. I think that was like 2 or 3 years ago. Right now it is just sittin. I think I am going to sell it. I will tell you what though. I put those heads on and went from closed chambered heads to open chambered and lost a lot of compression. I put a new intake in it and new cam also. Comp cams and world worked the specs for the cam. It sounds real nasty, just needs pop up pistons to make the thing RUN. I can barley get off the cam right now its kind of weird.

HBjet
05-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Ok, I remember now! I forgot you go it running! What did it ever GPS at? I sorta remember you saying it should be around 90 something right?
Anyways! Here was my last cheap looking motor!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20cheap-med.jpg
I don't think chrome looks cheap. I personally like it!
HBjet
[ May 10, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Cs19
05-10-2003, 11:04 PM
im with bense on this one, polished aluminum looks the best. chroming cast aluminum kinda sucks. anyone ever do a clear anodize on polished aluminum? not the clear powdercoat, clear anodize. ive never seen it, i want to keep all my hardware polished but i need to coat it somehow, a few people reccomended that clear anodize cause it protects the metal better...hb what manifold you going to run this time? and what heads?

HBjet
05-10-2003, 11:49 PM
cs19:
hb what manifold you going to run this time? and what heads? Edelbrock's tunnel ram, and I'm acutally using the same heads (990's) but I sent them out for some work!
I hear ya about the polished! I have a completely polished rail kit! If someone can show me a polished + clearcoated (ano or powder) part, then maybe I will go that way, but I like chrome because it's the whole theme on my boat. Blue and Chrome. I plan on having my new tunnel ram chromed, and I'm going to get my scoop chromed too. I've done enough polishing and when you have polished parts next to chrome ones, the polished just look messy unless they are spotless and no one has touched them.
CS19, what intake are you going to run with? Are you doing a tunnel ram deal, or a single plain?
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

shirkey4750
05-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Cyclone check your PM

Cs19
05-11-2003, 03:25 PM
not sure about the manifold, I was at daves yesterday going over a sonic check result i got, we briefly talked about a few of my options with the manifold, i kinda like the single idea, right now i have a weiand with 2 1050s on it.Whatever dave thinks will work with my package is what ill run. I really like those AFR heads i saw in there! oh and jack is the one who mentioned the clear anodize to me, you may want to ask him about it. see ya

Bense468
05-11-2003, 04:13 PM
yeah randy thanks for the motor pic. I think I have seen it. remember I helped you pull it. But again thanks for the shot of your boat. Somehow I have seem to be on the boards for a while and miss ALL the pics of your boat.
Relax guy I am just messing with you. I am not saying your stuff does not look good. All I am saying is I think crome is cheap looking. When you get close I think it looks cheap. I had just never seen anyone chrome their intake and was thinking how is that going to come out good. When I saw mikes, the intake looked familiar because I think it was the one on my old roomates boat. But now chromed.
Good choice on the 990's. where and how much did you pick those up for?

Bense468
05-11-2003, 04:14 PM
CS My intake looks bichen and it is clear powdercoated. It just wipes up and NO YELLOW haze.

HBjet
05-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Bense468:
yeah randy thanks for the motor pic. I think I have seen it. remember I helped you pull it. But again thanks for the shot of your boat. Somehow I have seem to be on the boards for a while and miss ALL the pics of your boat.
Relax guy I am just messing with you. I am not saying your stuff does not look good. All I am saying is I think crome is cheap looking. When you get close I think it looks cheap. I had just never seen anyone chrome their intake and was thinking how is that going to come out good. When I saw mikes, the intake looked familiar because I think it was the one on my old roomates boat. But now chromed.
Good choice on the 990's. where and how much did you pick those up for? I know you've seen my boat/motor, I just threw up the photo because I don't think it looks cheap, thats all, all in fun.
I just think it's funny how your saying chrome looks cheap, but then say your not saying my stuff doesn't look good, when you know everything is chrome!
Anyways, I like my shit, you like your shit! Doesn't matter to me really.
As for the 990's, got them last year and the valves that go with them. They where off a brand new 500HP. I was able to steal them for 400 bucks! I just spent 500 bucks on them at the head shop this year.
HBjet

Bense468
05-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Okay you want me to say your shit looks cheap? LOL
I think your boat looks good. I think it would look better without the chrome. Your package that you have looks pretty good all together. I have always said chrome on some things just looks cheap. I think cast parts should not be chromed. I have the B&B valve covers. They are a bitch to keep polished. I have seen a set chromed and they looked pretty good. Because it is a really smooth surface. I think it is all in the prep. Nothing is worse then flaky chrome. I will take polished aluminum any day. Plus it gives you something to do. Maybe the chrome thing is from all the silvers. I am a bud light man myself. Randy if you and Mike want to party next weekend let me know. I am going up to ming on sat and then coming back and having a party at my house for my Birthday. Lots of beer and such. WilderthenU will probably be there.
That is a steal at 400 bucks.

HBjet
05-11-2003, 08:08 PM
I hear ya on the flaky chrome, that sucks! I'm going to look into my other options before I chrome anything else. If the clear powder or ano over polished looks bitchin and is easy to maintain, I just might go that route!
HBjet

cyclone
05-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Bense- this tunnel ram came with my current boat and is not the one out of my old flattie. my powdercoater talked me out of using clear powder because he says it dulls the finish and comes out with a yellow haze. I dig the chrome no matter what Jeff thinks. my two pennies in the bucket...

Cs19
05-11-2003, 08:30 PM
hey hb and bense, im trying to sell 2 sets of 990 rectangle ports in perfect shape, brand new valve job new double springs, cleaned up chambers, etc..one bare set and one like this: what do you guys think they are worth? I dont have a clue,i need to put them on ebay asap[ http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/409DCP00502-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/409DCP00501-med.JPG ill be at ming this weekend maybe have a coldie with you guys.later

HBjet
05-11-2003, 08:38 PM
CS19, tell Dave at DNE, he always finds buyers for stuff like that, and knowing those are good heads, he might just take them from you and credit you on the motor build up your doing with him because he can always sell those to a customer who has small oval ports (because they didn't know any better) and they want to step up without spending a shit load for Merlins, or AFR's.
Call Dave tomorrow!
HBjet
[ May 11, 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

disco_charger
05-11-2003, 09:08 PM
It's not the chrome that looks cheap on Randy's boat, it's the tiny little carbs and the goofy looking driver! :p :D

Bense468
05-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Well like I said my stuff has been Clear powdercoated and it has never yellowed and is still shinny. The polisher I went to showed me things that had been clear powdercoated for years and they still looked new. Thats why each persons boat is different. Just remember Chrome never won a race yet.
Cs wish I had the money to pick those up off of you. I don't need heads since I went with Merlins but I would still like to have an extra set of 990's, because you never know when you just might build a blown injected alcohol motor. Did I say that outloud.
[ May 11, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Cs19
05-11-2003, 09:25 PM
thanks hb, will do

cyclone
05-11-2003, 09:36 PM
uh huh. yeah right. :rolleyes:

HBjet
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
disco_charger:
It's not the chrome that looks cheap on Randy's boat, it's the tiny little carbs and the goofy looking driver! :p :D At least I don't run a book end, oop's, I mean blower you can buy from a vending machine!
HBjet

HBjet
05-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Here's something fast that is chromed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20DSCN6558-med.JPG (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20DSCN6558.JPG)
Frame is polished, but everything else is chrome, and it's a driven bike, not a trailer queen!
HBjet

disco_charger
05-12-2003, 06:21 AM
HBjet:
disco_charger:
It's not the chrome that looks cheap on Randy's boat, it's the tiny little carbs and the goofy looking driver! :p :D At least I don't run a book end, oop's, I mean blower you can buy from a vending machine!
HBjet I have a large enough penis that I don't have to buy a huge blower and then only use a tenth of it's potential by underdriving the shit out of it. I have all the blower I need to use. It takes me to 52 mph real good, and that's as fast as a drunk like me needs to go. I am however going to enjoy watching people race Mike this year. After he spanks some people, what do want to bet that there'll be some people who never heard of Rogers before buying crate 502's and looking for a Bonneville. :D Kick some ass this summer, Mike. :cool:

cyclone
05-12-2003, 07:30 AM
and suddenly, for no apparent reason whatsoever, Disco Charger seems much cooler than ever. You are a wise man Mr. Charger, very wise indeed. :)

HBjet
05-12-2003, 07:58 AM
cyclone:
and suddenly, for no apparent reason whatsoever, Disco Charger seems much cooler than ever. You are a wise man Mr. Charger, very wise indeed. :) Ok, this is all starting to sound GAY!
HBjet :D

HBjet
05-12-2003, 07:59 AM
When my motor is done, I'll race Mike, and I'm willing to bet that I'll beat him.
Mike, who do you think will win, you or me?
HBjet

cyclone
05-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Oh i suppose that since you now know exactly what i'm running for power that Dave has upped the anti on your motor considerably. And dont tell me you haven't changed your plan of attack because i know you have. You are much more sure of yourself today than you were last week. I say paint your boat red and you'll gain some extra mph just to be sure.

joe schmoe
05-12-2003, 08:20 AM
HBjet:
When my motor is done, I'll race Mike, and I'm willing to bet that I'll beat him.
HBjet are we just talking about gps #s or real head on racing cause form what i have heard its always best to do the head on style cause some people i know tell every one that there top speed in there boat was based on a gps and that was hit in a suburban. wink

disco_charger
05-12-2003, 08:21 AM
HBjet:
HBjet Looks like someone ran out and busted out the Credit cards. "Umm hello Dave? Yeah this is Randy. Holy shit, did you see the numbers Mike's making? And his hull is better than mine too. I don't care what it takes! I need to go faster! How much???? OK let me call Visa and I'll get back to you!" LOL this summer is going to be great! wink
Disco
By the way, I only kid, cause I've already conceded that I'm not fast enough to even worry about it. You kids spend lots of money and keep fighting, cause it's entertaining the hell out of me!

disco_charger
05-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah, and someone buy that tunnel ram. Go look at race boats in the NJBA Lot's of Weiand TR's. There's a reason for that. And for the two guys I've heard that knock the Weiand cause it's been the same for a few years, why would you fix something that works? I think Mike might have overstated about the chrome. Us mere mortals would probably think the chrome looks good (I've seen HBJet's and it's really nice) but Mike hangs out with all those show truck people where if it looks like a mirror, it's just "ok." So if you're looking for a good piece, here it is.
Disco
brought to you by; Disco is a mooch for free stuff from an unnamed magazine!

cyclone
05-12-2003, 08:42 AM
the tunnel ram has been sold to a fellow boater in West Virginia. Have fun with it John!

HBjet
05-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Mike and I will be doing head to head racing! Is there any other?
As for sounding sure of myself, I've always been sure of my self. No, I didn't call Dave at DNE and bust out the plastic, and I didn't go ask my father at the last minute for a few thousand so I can get my boat the way I want either!
Mike know's I'm messing with him because we have a little agreement. Right Mike?
So, who's going to win again?
HBjet :D
[ May 12, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

cyclone
05-12-2003, 08:47 AM
you're a punk randy! my ego may get in the way of our agreement. lol

HBjet
05-12-2003, 08:52 AM
cyclone:
you're a punk randy! my ego may get in the way of our agreement. lol haha!
Just messing with ya!

cyclone
05-12-2003, 09:00 AM
i know. either way its not a bag bargain.

HBjet
05-12-2003, 09:10 AM
The agreement I made with Mike was:
If you want some thong bikini girls to ride in your boat this summer, the deal is no matter how fast your boat it, mine will always be faster!
See how that works!
We all know once I dyno my motor who is going to be faster, and mine won't even be close to 740hp on pump gas!
HBjet

cyclone
05-12-2003, 09:13 AM
we shall see... :p

Hustler
05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
You two can talk all the shit you want but you will never be able to keep up with Hustler :p

disco_charger
05-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Good times. I'm glad I don't have to pay to play with this crowd. making 740 hp would cost me a fortune!

Bense468
05-12-2003, 01:16 PM
So let me get this straight who is the pitcher and who is the catcher between you two?

Bense468
05-12-2003, 01:19 PM
cyclone:
uh huh. yeah right. :rolleyes: Mike, what was that about.
Was that the 502 that came out of the truck?
[ May 12, 2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Beautiful Noise
05-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Personally I prefer the look of Chrome myself :)
Steve http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/29Engine_1-med.jpg