PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ford/Panther guys

malcolm
05-29-2003, 06:02 AM
What motor mounts did Panther use on the sides of the block on a three point setup on a 460? It's in a '79 Sleekcraft 21.

NeoBurn
05-29-2003, 11:12 AM
I have a 21 ' Sleek Jr. Exec with a 460 ford panther also. The mounts you’re talking about are the rubber mounts I believe and the third mount being the bell housing to pump mount.
The rubber mounts I was told are automotive mounts and you should be able to get them at an automotive parts store.
Or you could do a 4 point mount system call rex for details.
Or you could overkill like I did. (Stringer rail kits are usually for 500 + HP.)
I did a ton of research on this. The way I went was to install a stringer rail kit I had prefabed by Duane at Hi-Tech performance. I have to do quite a bit of fabrication myself to get the mounts to work due to our low bilge. My bell housing is really close to my bilge, but the angle on the pump is about 1.5 degrees.
If you would like send me an e-mail. jdwixom@cox.net.

malcolm
05-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I thought the mounts were out of cars, just not sure what to ask for at Schucks. :)
This is my Dad's project. It isn't perfect, but it's in one piece. Our goal for this year will be to hopefully get it running and maybe a trip up the river before the weather goes to pot.

Jet City
05-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey Malcolm, your more than welcome to come over and take a look at my 460/Panther rig to compare. Or if you need some pics of anything, just let me know. BTW, hows your 403 comming along?
Scott

malcolm
05-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Scott, I'll have the crank in this weekend. My rings should show up next week, then I can get the short block together. Then I have to finish up my heads. I still have some porting to do and one exhaust crossover to fill.
Dad's Sleek will have to wait till I'm done with mine, unless he gets a bunch of free time.