PDA

View Full Version : Scoop hardware?

fire on the water
09-11-2003, 12:06 PM
We just got a new scoop from CP Performance, the single dooley style scoop. Didn't come with any hardware? Nor a hole in the top of the scoop. Uhhh.... will elmers glue work?J/K. How is everyone elses attached?

HalletDave
09-11-2003, 12:24 PM
We just got a new scoop from CP Performance, the single dooley style scoop. Didn't come with any hardware? Nor a hole in the top of the scoop. Uhhh.... will elmers glue work?J/K. How is everyone elses attached? You should have gone with a velocity stack. wink
Huh, Jordy. :D
HD

Blown 472
09-11-2003, 12:25 PM
I believe you have to put a piece of flat stock across the opening and bolt it down where the stud hole is in the carb body.

Squirtcha?
09-11-2003, 12:26 PM
You need to get the spark arrestor to go with it. That's what holds the scoop on. There's just enough room to get the spark arrestor on and get a nut on the stud. It's a tight fit though.
Whoops just spammed the heck out of this one.
Rexone, am I on the payrole now?
http://www.rexmar.com/images/page194.jpg
[ September 11, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

HammerDown
09-11-2003, 12:41 PM
I kinda like my scoop...in the Avatar. Also held on with the carb stud and spark arrestor.

Hotcrusader76
09-11-2003, 12:52 PM
HBJet gave me this idea when we last had this question. Get some flat-stock aluminum and bend it around a coffee can enough to allow the edges to flair outwards when tightened down from the center mounting stud. It looks clean and doesn't damage the entrance for air-flow.
I've seen alot of different ideas out there but this one seems to be the less restrictive of the bunch.
~Ty

wrightnow
09-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Hotcrusader76:
HBJet gave me this idea when we last had this question. Get some flat-stock aluminum and bend it around a coffee can enough to allow the edges to flair outwards when tightened down from the center mounting stud. It looks clean and doesn't damage the entrance for air-flow.
I've seen alot of different ideas out there but this one seems to be the less restrictive of the bunch.
~Ty Yea, HBjet full of great ideas......
Mark

superdave013
09-11-2003, 01:27 PM
Hotcrusader76:
~Ty I bet if you used some 1/2 or 3/4" s.s. tubing it would look pretty bad ass and work good too.

SoCal Power
09-11-2003, 03:00 PM
An old trick is to cut a section out of a spent s.s. wear ring wide enough to bridge the opening. Drill a .250" hole in the center. Install it convex up.
db

fire on the water
09-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Why is it that people like to patronize your ass, when you ask simple questions(dude @ CP Performance)? Don't people like us keep distributors in business? Anyway,It looks like Squirtcha has the answer and I need the flame arrestor to secure the scoop. Do I need the fuel fume vent?

Squirtcha?
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm not using the vented one.