PDA

View Full Version : Droop Snoot results

jetblue
05-25-2002, 05:50 AM
Well, finally got around to putting on the Droop. Were talking big improvments here. Not only did my roostertail double in size, it's like having power steering. It does porpoise at low speed, but you can trim that out. It really freed the boat up at speed. Seems to have helped top end as well. 3mph? Definatly was worth it, everybody should have one.

LeadFootTheRabbit
05-25-2002, 07:01 AM
Good to hear that you like it so much. I'm kicking around the idea of getting one myself. What was the cost installed? Thanks LDFTRBT

apollo74
05-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by jetblue:
Well, finally got around to putting on the Droop. Were talking big improvments here. Not only did my roostertail double in size, it's like having power steering. It does porpoise at low speed, but you can trim that out. It really freed the boat up at speed. Seems to have helped top end as well. 3mph? Definatly was worth it, everybody should have one.
did you add a ride plate and shoe?

jetblue
05-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Believe it or not, when I bought the boat, 89' Carrera 20.5 Elite, the guy had the snoot but had'nt installed it. So it was a freebie, kind of. I had to fit the nozzel to it, but a flap disc and other sanding was about all it took. I built my own steering extension, Stainless with a hiem joint, works well, andtook her out for a ride. I could tell the differance immediatly. This Snoot had no markings of a manufacturer, so I don't even know what brand it is. It does have a vertical divider in it, and the rooster tail seems pretty even, not distorted or lopsided. Now I need to get busy and build a ride plate. I've seen pictures of some in here on posts, and plan on doing it.

regattajboat
05-25-2002, 10:12 AM
Sounds like the same droop I have and its
made by Aggressor.
Mac.
[This message has been edited by regattajboat (edited May 25, 2002).]