PDA

View Full Version : what is this?

sleekster
09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
i met this guy in my neighborhood who has a jet boat in rough condition, he is not sure what it is iether the vin # is tys44888cv75e-76
it also has a O.M.C. jet. i have never heeard of a OMC jet any good?

HotRod Sprint
09-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Am new to jets myself. Just aquired a 21ft Sleekcraft with an olds 455 and Jacuzzi yj pump. In what little research I've done, found some pics on a wegsited of different pumps. The omc pump looks almost exactly like a YJ. From what I'm finding out the YJ is the least desired pump out there. The site where I saw the different pump pics was www.teshio.com/jetboat/index.html (http://www.teshio.com/jetboat/index.html)
Look under the jet boat drives link.
Rod

BrendellaJet
09-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Sleek 74-dont let the Jacuzzi naysayers get you down. Your pump can be converted to a mixed flow pump very easily(the cost is about $1500) for all new berk style parts. Although, I think that the axial flow pumps are better for bigger boats...
As far as the omc pump, I think I have seen one in the Seloc manual, I will check it out. It is not one of the more desireable pumps...

mikey
09-04-2003, 10:43 AM
sleekster:
i met this guy in my neighborhood who has a jet boat in rough condition, he is not sure what it is iether the vin # is tys44888cv75e-76
it also has a O.M.C. jet. i have never heeard of a OMC jet any good? OMC used the Jacuzzi 12Y pump (painted OMC white) with their 245-hp 307-ci Chevy small block. Back in the mid 70’s a Southern California company by the name of Fantasy used this package in a lot of the boats they built. One was an 18/19 ski hull and the other a 21’ Spectra looking cruiser.
Mike

HotRod Sprint
09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey Brendella Jet, thanks for the encoureagement, but do I really need an axial flow pump in a 21footer?

Duane HTP
09-04-2003, 07:06 PM
You would be far ahead to convert to the energizer kit. Then you could also add a diverter that worked well with the set up.