PDA

View Full Version : need a reverse cable

1slowboat
08-16-2003, 09:06 AM
a friend of mine (brazosjettin) broke his reverse gate cable and needs a new one. does any one have one?
the part # is morse 46348-180in-6942.
any help would be app.

Oldsquirt
08-16-2003, 11:27 AM
That is a standard 43bc type cable by the number you gave. You should have no trouble acquiring one through any decent boat shop. If you can't find one, I'd contact Rex Marine (http://www.rexmar.com) .
One important note. Morse was bought by Teleflex. From information I was given at my local shop, the Teleflex replacement cables have a smaller outside diameter than the original Morse cables. This can present a problem where the cable passes through transom adapter. May not seal tightly enough to prevent leaks.

Rexone
08-16-2003, 03:13 PM
We carry the Hardin cables now in the 43BC due to the exact problem Oldsquirt speaks of. They've been working well. Here's a link (http://www.rexmar.com/page106.html)

TX Daytona
08-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Mike doesn't need the blasted thing anyway, he aint gonna put his beer down long enough to use a forward/reverse lever.

dgie
08-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Here we go, I need one too. Has anyone ran a jet boat before without a reverse gate (no reverse) I want to go out on the lake tomorrow. I Plan to get a cable ordered monday.

FastRat1
08-17-2003, 10:11 AM
i have run a jet without a reverse gate...BUT..u better be damn careful what u do...especially when ur comeing up to a dock etc...cause u dont have anything to slow u down...really not a gd idea..if u decide to run that way...BE DAMN CAREFUL...PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!
Ron

1slowboat
08-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I dont know what kind of reverse gate you have, but i would tie the gate up! my freind (brazosjettin) broke his cable when he was running not wot but close enough, the reverse gate slamed down and all the way up( against the nozzle) and cracked it. just some food for thought. any way rexone, im going to order the cable mon. when they open .thanks for the info smile_sp

sdba069
08-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey slowboat......I'm located on the upper end of Lake Whitney on the Brazos River.I carry a full line of jet boat parts and accesories.That 15'43C cable runs about $75.Call if I can be of any help.....254-889-3336