PDA

View Full Version : eliminator difference

TANK
09-20-2003, 10:56 AM
I was wondering what the difference between the Eliminator Daytona and the Eliminator Scorpion is.Seeing both in tunnel cofiguration,is the name the big difference.

Daytona19
09-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Not an expert Tank BUT the Daytona is MUCH faster, atleast any scorp Ive ran doesnt seam to stand a chance with equal power.

Liberator TJ1984
09-21-2003, 05:16 AM
A friend just sold his Scorpion Hull in a Jet Configuration..
He has talked to Greg Shomaker on several occasions and the info. I picked up on is the Scorpion Style needs much work done to the bottom to be a stout Runner ??? as a Jet...
Like I said this is second hand information but it had something to do with the bottom and the keel ..I believe to remember and supposibly the Scorpions are made to run with Outboards the best ???

TANK
09-21-2003, 05:47 AM
That's about right.The scorpions ive seen are cheaper,but still great looking boats.Iknew there was some reason for it.

Liberator TJ1984
09-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Yea Tank !
If you go to the graphics section and type in Jetfest you will see Greg's boat in there it is white with purple and yellow flames on the sponsons..The boat would ride wet , I remember something about that with the outboard motor it was alot easier to make the ass end lift and carry the boat as opposed to jet drive...
hopefully someone will kow the skinny on this hull ??? I have a Liberator splash of the Daytona hull and it is nice ...as a matter of fact Greg C.- called Greg Shomaker last week to ask his opinion on what is the best all round race/lake boat as he is now in the market again...
Shoemaker told him to find the Daytona..best he had seen...

HavasuBarney
09-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Daytona comes in a 19ft and a 21ft, Scorpion is a 20ft hull.
Scorpion was designed to run with jet power and needs a ton of setback to get it to perform as an outboard.
Several manufacturers including Liberator, Advantage, Rapid Craft all made versions of the Scopion, all though Rapid Craft moved the dash back 10 inches so it would run as an outboard.
Uncle Tony runs a Rapid Craft Riot.

TANK
09-21-2003, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys.I don't have the funds to even look at either one now.Need to finish restoring my boat,but it's always nice to dream.