PDA

View Full Version : Test results

MAXIMUS
02-02-2003, 09:40 PM
After 3 days of testing, 1 dead msd 7al, paddling for 1/2 hr to ramp, running for 2 miles to the truck & some windy conditions hear are the results. Friday night without msd 106 at just a tad over 6000. Saturday morning 7:30 (same set up) 109 at 6200. Saturday afternoon with borrowed msd 7al-2 & minor changes in set up 109 at 6100. More changes saturday night just before dark 109 at 6100. Sunday morning "crack of dawn" in between wind gusts 109 at 6300. Last change (replaced loader) 105 at 6300. Last run was in some heavy wind chop & pump would not stay loaded. All runs were at 6-7 pounds of boost with 32-34 degrees of timing. Boat handled very well, easy to get on set & had no porposing. Air conditions were not so good. Average relative altitude was 1800-2800 & air density was mid 70's to high 80's. Temperature was in the high 80's. Had a great time & retired at Foxes in the evenings for shrimp cocktails, baby backs & a few g&t's. :cool:
[ February 02, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

jweeks123
02-03-2003, 12:18 AM
Did not a wise old boater once say
"Always test up-river" ??
yur boat hauls a$$ Max!
jw

Jungle Boy
02-03-2003, 05:06 AM
Your ripping. Let's see some photos. After hearing the blowen boat in one of Info's posts in another thread, I'm thinking that they are hard to beat for cool factor. :cool:

MAXIMUS
02-03-2003, 05:26 AM
I video taped all the runs & I will try to get them online. I will have to figure out how? Maybe info could offer some help??? :) Thank you jweeks123 & yes jungle boy blowers are cool...until you get spanked by natural aspiration!!! lol

MikeF
02-06-2003, 07:37 PM
MAXIMUS:
I video taped all the runs & I will try to get them online.Maximus, How is the posting of the video link coming along? wink :D

MAXIMUS
02-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Mike I have not had time to figure it out yet. I just got my pc back with new hard drive & software for my video camera. I will make an effort in the next day or so! Not bad results huh?
Some times we get a bone now & then! God knows we spent a lot of time working, thinking, & testing. We are not done yet. I will be making 2 more shoe's similar to the one we just ran & 1 more of a new design... We also want to spend more time with the new loader. We believe that there is a little more left before we step on the motor! I would like to see maybe 112-114 mph in optimum conditions? I spoke to Jack monday & he was pleased with the progress. When I am done I will be sending him all my specs for his records. This has been a dream of mine for most of my life. Without the help from my friend & mentor Paul Grichar & Jack at MPD I wouldn't be where I am today! Damn I'm cryin like a chick.... cry lol :)

eliminatya
02-07-2003, 07:37 AM
maximus those are some big numbers that is great. i was just wondering what cut impellor you were using, and if you have any intake pressure readings. just curious because i have a setup quite similar to you.

MAXIMUS
02-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Eliminatya I am using a legend stainless "A" impeller that Jack at MPD has reworked. It loads the engine pretty hard at 6-6300 but seems to move the weight real good. My boat is very heavy & not so quick. My intake psi was around 25 psi + or -. The guage im using is garbage. I broke my liquid filled model that was easier to read. It seems the faster I go the less psi I'm seeing. Probably scrubbing some off at higher #'s. Who is currently helping you right now?? If you like email me your phone# and we can chat!
max

Froggystyle
02-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Great numbers!
When you record video, you should use an external mic, pointed back at the motor and shielded from wind. Then, keep the video right up on top of the side seat or something so we can see all the happy accelleration footage. Best of both worlds!
Congrats on the hard running squirt... I can't wait to see them at the BBSP with you around!

MAXIMUS
02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Froggystyle:
Great numbers!
When you record video, you should use an external mic, pointed back at the motor and shielded from wind. Then, keep the video right up on top of the side seat or something so we can see all the happy accelleration footage. Best of both worlds!
Congrats on the hard running squirt... I can't wait to see them at the BBSP with you around! LOL... I wouldn't want to ruin a good party!!! :D Thank you for the compliment. The videos I have are from the dock on a tripod. I will have to do the "info/unchained" style next time for the boards. That is definitly pretty cool way to go!!! I will get my new pc up this weekend & try to load some footage on the web! Once again thanks!!
max :)