PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Wakeboard Boat Drivers!

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Took my boat out to do some late season skiing at Don Pedro yesterday with my buddy who has an identical boat, Tahiti Tiger. We are skiing, my buddy falls down and the rope gets caught on the pump so I stop to un hook it. As I am doing this a prick wakeboard fu&$ comes by us not 20 feet away, we had the flag up. Guess where my boat was faced, he passed the back end. burningm 3 Waves, huge waves crashed over the back, I yelled to my buddy sitting in the passenger seat to start the motor and hit it leave me behind just go! He does thank God because 5 more seconds and the boat was gone. The transom was already going down. That torque monster olds pulled that boat right out of the water with the water up to the valve covers, I shit you not. Water was piling over the back as he left. So he drove around letting the water get pumped out, took about 15 minutes, prolly 5 but seemed like 15, some other boater saw the whole thing happened and came and picked me up. I had no life jacket on and was in the middle of the lake. Played waterpolo for 4 years though so could tread water for at least an hour :D Anyways, got everything back in order but by then that guy was long gone, lucky for him because I wanted to wound him in the worst way.
I just want to say to anyone who owns one of those tub of shit wakeboard boats or knows of anyone who does to stay the fu$% away from other boats, learn the boat laws, and if you don't just think of this. Some day some one might give you your due back in the parking lot and you won't be walking away. You endanger my family I won't endanger yours, but I will hurt you, bad...not the nice way.
I am mounting a 20mm cannon on my bow this winter with depleted uranium shells for such occasions next time.

Moneypitt
09-22-2003, 09:00 AM
I know you were thinking of your boat at the time, but try to get the reg #s of these asshole's boats. They ARE responsible for any damage their boat's wakes cause, including the loss of sunken boats. I always talk about "killing all the lawyers", well Wake board boat owners are fast going to the top of the list!!! I think any boat designed to mess up the water for everyone else, should be BANNED from all waterways except the oceans. Let them compete with the oil tankers and frieghters on the open ocean!!!! MFers!... Moneypitt

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Wow I did not know that, I will definitely try to pay attention more to their numbers, this is not the first time they have come close, just the first time my boat was actually going down. I couldn't even sleep last night, kept sinking over and over. I agree about those boats. It used to be you wanted a boat with no wake for a "real" sport like slalom skiing. All these little piss ant a$$holes have taken up wake boarding because it is EASY. I got up on one the first try, and the only time for that matter. I'll take my slalom ski thanks. Lets see how many of those little shits can ski. They definitely need to do something about it though because it is horrible going to any lake now where those guys are. Berryessa is nothing but white caps all day from wakeboarders, Don Pedro is the same. These guys are stupid as shit too, I saw one guy launch his boat without the plug yesterday, too bad he still had it on the trailer.

09-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Its C.G. law that you are responsible for the damage the wake from your boat does, however try to enforce the law is another thing. I hate wakeboard boats with unbridled passon especally since they can take on ballast to create bigger wake. The Fu*kin' things ought to be outlawed as an enviromental hazard to the marshes, river banks, shores and levees. We V-drivers get nailed for going too fast in a 5mph zone because of hi gear ratios but these assholes get off Scott free for making rollers bigger than you would find outside the Channel islands. Just doesn't make any sense at all. :mad:

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Ya it is ridiculous. I was on the Delta last year, crossing the main channel, feeling pretty tiny, and I look to my right and here comes an oil tanker. I thought I was a dead man, it was over, game over man game over! I had no where to turn around to and go. This thing was clipping along fast too. So I waited it out and expected to see waves 5 feet high...nothing, not a ripple. SWEET! Then here comes a wakeboard boat behind it, freaking third wave came right over the bow of my boat... :mad: I am sorry, but if your boat puts out a wave bigger than an oil tanker it belongs in the ocean only. :D
Who would have thought they would be making boats like pig_flyi 's Go figure... At least I can out run the waves no problem. When I get the place diverter on for next season I guess I will have a tool for some payback.
Another thing that is funny... Some guy comes up to me at Berryessa a couple weeks ago, has some wakeboard boat his daddy bought him and wants to race me. I am like are u serious? What's in it for me? Do I get you pink slip when you lose? Anyways, I didn't race him, didn't waste my gas or look like an idiot. He is bragging that his boat does 45mph. I am in awe, 45 whole mph? Shit I better go get a bigger big block if I am going to keep up. :rolleyes:

Starloans
09-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Remember, some wakeboard boats have ballast in them that fill up with water to CAUSE a bigger wake for the boarder. I have a 28 ft boat which makes a smaller wake than them and anything I see with a wakeboard tower I stay away from. Mostly kids driving them and in my opinion, wakeboard boats are 1 notch above lice. When the boarder falls those ****ers will turn right at you.
Lake Martinez, wakeboard boat paradise. 5 minutes on the river and they shouldn't have a prop left.
:D

blown428fe
09-22-2003, 08:36 PM
what exactly is a wake board boat?is it like a barefoot sanger with a jungle gym ontop?were getting more and more of these up here in ct. towing skiers/ boarders/ and these other things
that look like there sitting on big ass unicycles
mike in ct.

Cs19
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
i couldnt agree more. those boats are a joke.
We went to the delta this summer for 10 days and i saw more of those boats than i could handle. thousands of them, all idiots driving them too.
Try going up ther sanjoaqin river at the delta, you can find a nice little beach and hang out, suddenly a 65 ft. yacht will come by at the worst speed just plowing water with a no bullshit 3 foot wave, we have our low profile jet backed in anchored, and these waves broke right on the deck. I could have very easily have surfed these waves. what a joke.They just dont care about anyone.

Wild Man
09-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Blown,
A wake board boat ,looks something like a Ski boat but they make them v-drives to put more wieght into the back. Then like everyone has pointed out they have tanks ( a skier here said 300 gal! sometimes) that they fill to make a BIGGER WAKE!
Then becuase they still don't get high enough they will put towers on them to raise the ski pull point.
Seems to me if they inforce speed,noise laws, some lakes no jet skies that these will be next on the list, just becuase they don't pay attention.
Mark,
One wanted to race???? Just confirms things,,,,,,,,,,,DUH!

victorfb
09-23-2003, 08:04 AM
some lakes have allready banned the use of the ballest bags. not sure how they will enforce it with the boats that the bags are built in to the hull.

09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
T.T.M. I'm surprised that the local law enforcement on the delta hasn't banned those damn wakeboard boats because of the fragle nature of the levees. Over time boat wake will wash away the soft earth under the rock that makes up the levees weakening the structure, then with a wet winter where water levels are at flood stage a levee will break flooding an island. This has been an ongoing problem since the levees were built over 100 years ago. It is because of these boats, offshores and big cruisers I do not go to the delta anymore. :mad:

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Wild Man:
Blown,
A wake board boat ,looks something like a Ski boat but they make them v-drives to put more wieght into the back. Then like everyone has pointed out they have tanks ( a skier here said 300 gal! sometimes) that they fill to make a BIGGER WAKE!
Then becuase they still don't get high enough they will put towers on them to raise the ski pull point.
Seems to me if they inforce speed,noise laws, some lakes no jet skies that these will be next on the list, just becuase they don't pay attention.
Mark,
One wanted to race???? Just confirms things,,,,,,,,,,,DUH! Yes one of those dorks wanted to race. I offered to pull half my spark plug wires to make it kinda fair. I hate these boats. I had the same thing happen to me on the delta with the surfable waves from some jackass driving his fishing boat like a tugboat. We almost got sunk that time too. Third wave came right over the front of the boat. I haven't been on the delta since. After this weekend I am afraid to leave the wheel of my boat, how can I ski???? It is getting out of hand fast. The waves really will do a lot of damage to the lakes too. You can already see the erosion at Berryessa and Don Pedro. There is even one thing worse than a wakeboarder behind a wakeboard boat. It is the idiots curvin and swervin pulling a Tuber behind a wakeboard boat. Where are the Rangers when you need them. Unfortunately I think DP has only 2 from what I hear, impossible to patrol that lake with only 2. I don't know what the solution is. I do know that if these guys started getting the crap kicked out of them at the dock with a little explanation of why they were getting beat down maybe the word would get out to be a little more conscious of there actions. Passing by any boat of any kind at less than the minimum is blatant ignorance. Boating accidents are the worst kind. I used to work at Tahoe as a jet ski mechanic for Lakeside Watersports. One year we had a guy decapitated by some jackass in a boat. If people respected the 400 foot rule everything would be fine. I grew up around boats, I was driving one when I was 5. My dad and grandpa taught me everything and I learned on Tahoe. Rough water, lots of boats, huge waves. Even with all that though if some stupid fool in a barge cuts across your stern 40 feet away you are screwed.

76 Sleekcraft
09-23-2003, 10:23 AM
You know the funny thing? You can spend well over 50K on one of those things! Don't get me wrong, I love to ski and we also have a Ski Nautique, like was posted earlier, small wake, better for skiing. Never did like wakeboard boats. Wonder where these kids are getting the money to buy the things?

09-23-2003, 10:46 AM
76 Sleekcraft:
Wonder where these kids are getting the money to buy the things? Credit, $50.00 down....$50.00 a month for 50 years. :D I think they have FHA and VA loans avalible also. wink

572Daytona
09-23-2003, 11:48 AM
You want to see something funny? I found this on a wakeboard forum...these pricks don't even want to hit their own wakes but I guess it is ok if everyone else does:
http://www.endofropegang.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1472

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-23-2003, 10:27 PM
hmmm, I see, man that last guy who posted on that board must not like wake boarders too much! wink
http://www.endofropegang.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1472

BiggusJimbus
09-24-2003, 07:51 AM
doh,
Bitch slapped by the moderator.
I guess they can't take a little dissent by the non-believers.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
09-24-2003, 08:04 PM
i was at don pedro anout a month ago and the same thing happened to me. Boat came not even twenty feet of our houseboat and sends three waves right over my ass. Thank god i got three pumps.
Then as im heading back to the the launch ramp the same guy comes up and trys to race me. I got the old lady and a boat full of crap. but i said to hell with it and blew by him with the tail up at the perfect angle :D turns out he was headed to the ramp too. he was cool about it i didnt get him too bad

Tahiti Tiger Mark
09-25-2003, 12:12 AM
yeah these guys are morons, getting tired of them fast. My buddy Alex and I were left floating in the middle of Havasu as my other buddy saved my boat from sinking. As long as it got on place or moving for that matter it would have a hard time sinking. The girls were screaming and shit it was a night mare. Alex and I were just looking at each other thinking wtf do we do now. We are floating, a rookie is at the wheel, we are screwed. hehe It all worked out, another guy saw the ordeal and picked us up. It is bullshit that we must even be put in a situation like this. Had we not kept our head about us it would have been bad. No one had on life jackets except Alex who was skiing. I am sure we could have got everyone to shore but it's besides the point. The law is 400 feet!!!!!! Not f$^ing 20. They think they are cool buzzing you or some shit. I seriously want to just beat the living crap out of them, it is wednesday and I am still livid angry!
BTW I think I saw your Eliminator at Berryessa a month ago, sweet boat! All the bay area jets need to hook up for a wakeboarder bashing weekend!

572Daytona
09-25-2003, 01:39 PM
If you can't beat them join 'em: http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006890 It might be worth the investment just to be able to **** up the water for them. When I get some asshole making too many passes in front of my docks, I take out my boat and do several wide circles around his path making sure to plow as much water as I can. They usually head for a different part of the lake in a hurry. :)

likeFATHERlikeSON3
09-25-2003, 05:07 PM
likeFATHERlikeSON3:
i was at don pedro anout a month ago and the same thing happened to me. Boat came not even twenty feet of our houseboat and sends three waves right over my ass. Thank god i got three pumps.
Then as im heading back to the the launch ramp the same guy comes up and trys to race me. I got the old lady and a boat full of crap. but i said to hell with it and blew by him with the tail up at the perfect angle :D turns out he was headed to the ramp too. he was cool about it i didnt get him too bad Nice! :cool:

sb540
09-25-2003, 05:09 PM
likeFATHERlikeSON3:
likeFATHERlikeSON3:
Then as im heading back to the the launch ramp the same guy comes up and trys to race me. I got the old lady and a boat full of crap. but i said to hell with it and blew by him with the tail up at the perfect angle :D turns out he was headed to the ramp too. he was cool about it i didnt get him too bad Nice! :cool: Nice! :cool:

Jet City
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
I have to agree, the wakeboard geeks are probably more anoying than the PWC's anymore. I just got back from Lake Sammamish (WA.) today, which seems to be a really popular place for the wakeboarders, we had several of them come waaaaayyy too close today, of coarse my little Southwind splash took on water, no fear of sinking but anoying none the less. I hope they start recognizing what a problem these shit tankers represent and we start seeing lakes that don't accept them. I think the real problem is how little consideration (most) people show for others these days.

F N Fast
09-28-2003, 07:49 PM
I found a for way to piss off the wake boarders. Right after I was cut off by a wake boarder this weekend and was forced to experiance his wake at high speed, I turned around, matched speed about 75 to 100 yards back and just followed them.
Seems this makes the wake board jerks (can't call them skiers, since that actually requires skill) a bit nervous. They were trying to wave me off, but I held course until they were forced to stop and drop the jackass in tow. I stopped, waited till he got back up, then repeated the same as above, just as they were dropping their "load" again, rooster up and throttle up, See ya!
Last year I roosted one of them, and they only thought that was cool, so following them seems to do the trick.
[ September 28, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: F N Fast ]

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 07:59 PM
I was out on the stand up earlier this year and I was cruising behind a wakeboard boat. The driver was in his early 20's. He claimed later in the day to be the owner but that boat seemed a little out of his price range. I was just about to pass him and I was coming up along the back side of him. I saw the rider got down out of the corner of my eye but I figured I was cool seeing as he'd probably cut about 40 feet behind me or so I thought. He looks right at me then makes a sweet wide turn right at me. I panic and pull in the throttle all the way. Regardless of me being at full throttle this dick still missed me by not much more than 5 feet. I looked back and he gave me a dirty look. I just had a plain horrified look on my face because I thought this was a lake lice hater gone psycho. I later went to the sand bar and saw the boat. The owner saw me and started laying on thick about how I should watch where I'm going. My response was that he had the whole 300+FT wide river to turn and he used every bit of it nearly killing me. The kid CLAIMED he had 80K in the boat and that if any damage was caused to the boat that he'd sue my ass ASAP. I knew right when he said 80K that he was a bullshitter or an idoit but most likely both. He talked shit the rest of the day. Just proves that these guys have their heads so far up their tight little assholes that they can't even see what they do wrong.
[ September 28, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]