PDA

View Full Version : WANTED 18 CP gullwing

bigriverdog
08-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Looking for a close to bare hull 18 gullwing. Would prefer a recreational layup. Open to less motor deal. Any out there guys?

victorfb
08-20-2003, 09:59 PM
check with SoCal Power. last month he had a very nice one for sale at a seemingly great price. if you look back on a thread i posted about CP's youll see a great shot of it.

bigriverdog
08-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Thanks, victor but SoCal's is alraedy sold. Still looking.

SoCal Power
08-21-2003, 05:57 AM
Mine was a 19'. I know of an 18' in Murrietta area that is new and I think the owner is going to sell it, maybe less engine and pump. He bought a stage I from Bill last year (finished it himself) and has had it out once or twice. Not sure why he's thinking of selling it.
I'll do some checking.

bigriverdog
08-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Thanks SoCal see if you can hook a brother up. I called you on your boat right afetr you sold it.

victorfb
08-21-2003, 09:17 AM
congrats on selling the 19. i really loved that hull. great colors and everything. i am still torn between the 19 gullwings and the 19 rogers. allways loved the rogers. i looked at a gullwing at the CBBB and noticed that the cockpit, or seating area is a bit tight. i am dissabled and kinda need a bit more room to get around, and the rogers seems to have a bit more. i sure would like to take a ride in a gullwing to see how they ride though. ive rode in a few rogers, and Cyclone was the latest, damn that boat rides nice. but it seems gullwings are easier to find. not that they are that easy, but still easier than the rogers 19.
good luck bigriverdog. and keep us posted. i wanna see what you come up with and hopefully see it on the water. :D and if you dont mind, id like to run by that one in murietta and take a look at it. i promise i wont snatch it up, just want to check out the 18. i run through there nearly every day.

SoCal Power
08-21-2003, 09:30 AM
The 18' cockpit is narrow for sure. The 19' is wider and pretty roomy for a low profile boat. Perhaps the boat you were checking out at CBBB was an 18'.
db
BTW, I emailed the owner of the Murrieta 18. I'll forward his comments when I get them.

victorfb
08-21-2003, 10:13 AM
yea, im pretty sure it was an 18, but i really didnt get to check it out much. it was only there when i first got on the beach. i was hoping to come back to it later that day or weekend. dont get me wrong, im not looking for the room of a day cruiser or anything. but i do have a little trouble in tight areas. though i really dont move around in the boat that much. i like that drivers seat! :D
and thanks for the help getting in touch with the guy in murietta. i really would like to check it out.

Cs19
08-21-2003, 12:12 PM
ya those 19s are very roomy. There is a guy who has a place near us out at the river, he has a new bow rider 19 gullwing and man that thing is like a day cruiser inside. Has a nice blown motor in it too. No disrespect to the rogers owners here, but get the cp. :)

Smacktalker
08-21-2003, 12:52 PM
I have a Crusader Tunnel that is a very light aproximate 385lb lay up. If you are interested I am willing to sell it complete or with out motor or pump. Everything is new, and highly polished. Haven't even put it in the water since the conversion. Let me know. Thanks,

Smacktalker
08-21-2003, 01:03 PM
I have a Crusader Tunnel that is a very light aproximate 385lb lay up. Just converted it from center steer. Used to be a drag only boat.
Motor is a built 468 that has even been started yet. It has a Forged Factory crank, with bushed/polished beams dimple rods with ARP bolts, Speedpro CNC .250 dome pistons, file fit moly rings, precision sized main and rod bearings, Crane solid lift cam, ported factory 781 oval port heads, ported and matched victor jr intake, carb shop stage 3 build demon 850, new unused rewarder ceramic coated headers, Crane HI6 ignition, MSD Distributor, Roller Rockers, ARP through out, Hamburger 10qt pan, Polished Moroso Aluminum valve cover with breathers.
Pump is a Bay jet suction, ported berkley bowl, new droop, race nozzle with ram's horn, 5 degree mirsch intake, just rebuilt very tight. Drive shaft is brand new with 1350 u-joints and PTO.
If you are interested I am willing to sell it complete or with out motor or pump. Everything is new, highly polished and top drawer. Been to busy to use. Haven't even put it in the water since the conversion. Let me know. Thanks, Very motivated!!!

Bense468
08-21-2003, 07:37 PM
So cal whats the deal on that CP?

SoCal Power
08-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Just called and left a message. I should hear something tonight.

bigriverdog
08-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks SoCal for all your efforts. Checjk your pm.

wrightnow
08-21-2003, 08:09 PM
victorfb:
yea, im pretty sure it was an 18, but i really didnt get to check it out much. it was only there when i first got on the beach. i was hoping to come back to it later that day or weekend. dont get me wrong, im not looking for the room of a day cruiser or anything. but i do have a little trouble in tight areas. though i really dont move around in the boat that much. i like that drivers seat! :D
and thanks for the help getting in touch with the guy in murietta. i really would like to check it out. victorfb, I originally was looking for a 19 CP, but found a good deal on my 18 CP and I love the boat. Not as wide as the 19, but still roomy for 4 peep's. I have had the boat for 5 summers now and it been a great ride. One thing to remember about a CP is it does not take as much power to make them go fast and because of the weight there qiuck out of the hole.
If your ever around long beach area your welcome to come by and check mine out.
Mark

victorfb
08-22-2003, 12:04 AM
wow, thanks Mark. im gunna take you up on that for sure. glad to hear you got a great deal aswell, and your happy with it. thats really what matters.
and yes, ive heard they are a fast hull. and of course we are all looking for speed. isnt that why we get into jet boats? :D but i am also looking for a nice ride. how do they handle the rougher water that seems to be almost everywere now?
ive got a 502 crate motor that will be going into it, and im sure that will be PLENTY fast for me. :D

wrightnow
08-22-2003, 10:14 AM
victorfb:
wow, thanks Mark. im gunna take you up on that for sure. glad to hear you got a great deal aswell, and your happy with it. thats really what matters.
and yes, ive heard they are a fast hull. and of course we are all looking for speed. isnt that why we get into jet boats? :D but i am also looking for a nice ride. how do they handle the rougher water that seems to be almost everywere now?
ive got a 502 crate motor that will be going into it, and im sure that will be PLENTY fast for me. :D I like the ride of my 18, being a gull wing it does pack some air and rides nice, but then I dont boat much anywere else but Big River.
I have rode in Cyclone's boat also and I'm very inpressed with his ride too.
As for the offer to come by, your always welcome. I work out of the house so I'm alsway home..
Mark

Bense468
08-23-2003, 04:49 PM
don't ask me to come by because I will be stealing your boat if you let me know where you live.

wrightnow
08-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Bense468:
don't ask me to come by because I will be stealing your boat if you let me know where you live. That would be ok with the wife, She would love to see this boat go bye bye and get something slower.. but not in this life time...lol

victorfb
08-23-2003, 10:19 PM
lol. no wonder you work from home... you aint lettin that boat out of your sight are ya? :D
ok mrs. wrightnow, heres the plan. you tell hubby he needs to go get some chrome polish cause you want the boat to look perfect, make sure you hide all the stuff at home. and as hes drivin to the store we hook up the gullwing to my truck, i slap a couple bucks in your hand and say CYA !!!!
what do you think? :p

bigriverdog
08-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Yo SoCal anything on that 18 yet? I have one other possible out there. Let me know.

victorfb
08-24-2003, 09:07 PM
hey bigriverdog, if you dont mind me asking, how much are you finding the CP's for? just would like to know what im lookin at.

wrightnow
08-24-2003, 09:34 PM
victorfb:
lol. no wonder you work from home... you aint lettin that boat out of your sight are ya? :D
ok mrs. wrightnow, heres the plan. you tell hubby he needs to go get some chrome polish cause you want the boat to look perfect, make sure you hide all the stuff at home. and as hes drivin to the store we hook up the gullwing to my truck, i slap a couple bucks in your hand and say CYA !!!!
what do you think? :p Hey I thought us guys stick together, Now I know were you loyalty lies.

bigriverdog
08-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey Victor, The 18' gulwings I have run into have been in the $8,000 to $10,000 less motor. That is in good condition and with a good pump set up for some real horse power. It doesn't seem to matter what year, just condition. Bill Scotton will built a new one for $7,000 bare hull.

victorfb
08-24-2003, 10:20 PM
hey thanks bigriverdog.
wow, that amazing how well they hold thier value. $8 - $10K less motor. damn. but after all the research and stuff it seems they are worth it. i did hear that bill will lay one up for $7K, but i think id rather find one with a pump, motor mounts, fuel cells and a stuff. that way i can add my little tricks and not have to buy everything new. sounds like its gunna be a while before i find something like that for a killer deal. just gunna have to keep saving. :D
thanks again man... and good luck, let me know what you come up with. i cant wait to see it.

SoCal Power
08-25-2003, 06:09 AM
bigriverdog:
Yo SoCal anything on that 18 yet? I have one other possible out there. Let me know. No response yet, I'll call again this morning.

bigriverdog
08-25-2003, 06:25 AM
thanks, SoCal, I own you

Bense468
08-25-2003, 12:13 PM
bigriverdog:
thanks, SoCal, I own you Whats going on here dave? Maybe I don't want to know. LOL
[ August 25, 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

SoCal Power
08-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Ummmmmm.......... That's strange, I don't feel owned.
I will PM you guys later today with contact info.
db
[ August 25, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: SoCal Power ]

Daytona19
08-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Gullwing for sale on this site!!http://www.michigan***boats.com/

bigriverdog
08-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Alright that was pretty early in the am. That was suppose to be "owe you". I'm sure I can't afford SoCal, I'm having a hard time making the payments on the wife.

bigriverdog
08-25-2003, 02:00 PM
thanks, Daytona. I'll check it out.

SoCal Power
08-25-2003, 02:10 PM
bigriverdog:
Alright that was pretty early in the am. That was suppose to be "owe you". I'm sure I can't afford SoCal, I'm having a hard time making the payments on the wife. Know the feeling. Check your PM

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
08-25-2003, 02:10 PM
NICE AVATAR DAYTONA

Daytona19
08-26-2003, 05:11 PM
To let you know the gullwing on mich hot boat is really nice and I think the guy will deal if your really interested. Its a hell of a nice boat and if it were bigger for my kids & wife I would buy it myself. Its a hell of a deal for the right guy.

bigriverdog
08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks Daytona, I pulled up the add and its a Mantra not a california performance. I believe that is a take off like texas and cherokee. Kinda want a CP.

wrightnow
08-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Bigriverdog, I may have a lead on an 18 for sale, The guy was going to sell it though scotten and then the deal fell though. I will see him this weekend and ask how much but I think it was around 6k for complete boat less motor. It has a very good pump, new buckets and fair trailer. I will let you know.
mark

bigriverdog
08-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Thanks Wrightnow. Thats about what I am looking for. Just out of curiosity are you going to be in the Big River area this weekend? I'll be there and at the strip if the boat is around to check out. Let me know, and thanks again for the help. Bob

wrightnow
08-26-2003, 10:10 PM
bigriverdog:
Thanks Wrightnow. Thats about what I am looking for. Just out of curiosity are you going to be in the Big River area this weekend? I'll be there and at the strip if the boat is around to check out. Let me know, and thanks again for the help. Bob O yeh, I'll be there all weekend until tue. In fact the guy that has the CP is there also (also named mark). Not sure if he has it store up there or if he has taken it home already. When you come down to big river just ask for mark wright and anyone will point you to my trailer.
see you then..
Mark

bigriverdog
08-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Mark, will you be at the rv park or at the main beach by Big River Inn? Don't know which day I'll be down, but I will look you up for sure. Maybe evn bust out some cold ones on ya.

wrightnow
08-26-2003, 10:51 PM
bigriverdog:
Mark, will you be at the rv park or at the main beach by Big River Inn? Don't know which day I'll be down, but I will look you up for sure. Maybe evn bust out some cold ones on ya. I have a trailer at the RV park i think space 90. We plan on going down to lost lake sat night but should be back before 9:00 other wise I'll be there and I'll always have plenty of beer on hand looking to share.
Mark

Hustler
08-27-2003, 07:39 AM
I'll always have plenty of beer on hand looking to shareYour going to go broke this weekend with a statment like that :D

wrightnow
08-27-2003, 08:00 AM
Hustler:
I'll always have plenty of beer on hand looking to shareYour going to go broke this weekend with a statment like that :D I'v party with this group before, just take them out for a little (very little) water sking around 9:00pm and there done.. should be no problem.
Just not sure about you yet, maybe some 99 banana's and that will shorted the night.
mark

Hustler
08-27-2003, 08:20 AM
wrightnow:
Hustler:
I'll always have plenty of beer on hand looking to shareYour going to go broke this weekend with a statment like that :D I'v party with this group before, just take them out for a little (very little) water sking around 9:00pm and there done.. should be no problem.
Just not sure about you yet, maybe some 99 banana's and that will shorted the night.
mark Please dont tell me thats a "last man standing" challenge :D by the way your beer will safe around me since I'm drinking grey goose and tonic's these days. Hey when are you going out?