PDA

View Full Version : Jungle's boat coming to life

Jungle Boy
03-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Here's a photo of the new boat. It's getting rigged right now and should be ready be the time the ice melts. 21' Eagle Tunnel light weight
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/25921__tunnel_1-med.jpg
Don't laugh at the trailer, the new one is being built.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/25921__Eagle_tunnel-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/259DSC00072-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/259DSC00073-med.jpg
[ March 07, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

HBjet
03-07-2003, 04:56 PM
that's sweet, but usless with all that snow! Are you on a lake there or what? :D J/K Oh, and exhaust location is totally cool too. Did you ever think to ger the offshore style tips? Just a thought!
HBjet
[ March 07, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Jungle Boy
03-07-2003, 04:58 PM
HBjet:
that's sweet, but usless with all that snow! Are you on a lake there or what? :D J/K
HBjet The winter season gives a guy's bank account some time to recover after boating. Snow-mobiling is all most as much fun though.

Jungle Boy
03-07-2003, 05:05 PM
HBJet, I had the offshore tips on another boat and they were very hard to clean. These are aluminum versus stainless and should be easier to take care of (I hope).

HBjet
03-07-2003, 05:48 PM
talk to Hustler! He has the offshore style tips on his jet and they turned all white or something and he couldn't get them clean. He ended up working some offshore race and asked one of the racers on the docks how they keep there's clean, and it was some simple solution and now his always look nice! I'll call him later and tell him to check out this thread.
HBjet

Jungle Boy
03-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks. I still have them but didn't want to used them on the new boat. They have a greyish scum on them that I've never been able to get off.

Havasu Hangin'
03-07-2003, 06:29 PM
That is one bad-ass beer can...
Is that the new "big" Small Block?
Is that rig gonna be seen in Havasu this summer?
PS- what's that white stuff on the ground? Sand?

Jungle Boy
03-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Havasu Hangin':
That is one bad-ass beer can...
Is that the new "big" Small Block?
Is that rig gonna be seen in Havasu this summer?
PS- what's that white stuff on the ground? Sand? I can barely wait to hit the water. Yes, that's the 434 ci small block. 565 HP @ 5600 rpm. That's cocaine on the ground. We use it to pave the roads here. It's great when you fall over drunk :cool: . I hope to get down there this summer or spring. We'll just have to see how the work schedule goes.

HBjet
03-07-2003, 07:08 PM
I talked to Hustler, he's gonna respond tonight with what you need to get. He told me on the phone, but I forgot already!
HBjet

Havasu Hangin'
03-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Jungle Boy:
...We use it to pave the roads here. It's great when you fall over drunk..So how many Labatts did you have to drink to make that boat, eh?

Hustler
03-07-2003, 07:13 PM
I Love it!!! When are you bringing that mofo out to the river damn it I want a ride. Jungle Boy as far as those tips go I was told by the guys at Teague to use CLR (Calcium,Lime Remover) they told me that it would not hurt the polish on them either, I plan on trying it this weekend. so I'll let you know how it works.
by the way nice job on the boat

sidewound
03-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Jungle Boy,
My driveway is in serious need of some new rock.
Could you turn me onto the contractor who did the work on your drive. I'm sure it must be quite doable oops I mean durable. HEHEHE. Peace Man.
CESAR

JetBoatRich
03-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Looks cool, bet you can't wait to see the snow go away :confused:

scorpionking
03-08-2003, 12:36 PM
jungleboy,what kind of speed are you guys going to see with that setup?

Kim Hanson
03-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Jb, shes looking very good! Mine is going to be all done for BBSP, playing it save and getting everything looked at....( . )( . ).... :D

Jungle Boy
03-08-2003, 01:52 PM
scorpionking:
jungleboy,what kind of speed are you guys going to see with that setup? From past tunnels boats similar to mine with the same HP, we should be getting 100 - 102 mph at our altitude of 3600 ft. I'll happy with 100 mph top end and a cruising speed of 95-97 mph. :D

03-08-2003, 04:55 PM
JB, Boat looks great....The trailer is another matter..j/k :D :D Congrats on a fine job.

scorpionking
03-09-2003, 04:10 PM
jb, just wondering, did you go rt side steering or left on that bad boy?? i would love to see some interior rigging pics if you have some. also, did you guys build that motor or is it a crate?

Jungle Boy
03-09-2003, 07:03 PM
scorpionking:
jb, just wondering, did you go rt side steering or left on that bad boy?? i would love to see some interior rigging pics if you have some. also, did you guys build that motor or is it a crate? Lefthand steering. I don't recall ever seeing a righthand steered river boat around here. I'll post photos as I get them on the complete boat. As for the motor, it's built by AMS in Edmonton. Louie's guys build some real evil engines for sprint cars, cascars, jetboats and drag racing. He is thee MAN in these parts without a doubt.

cyclone
03-11-2003, 02:03 PM
hey junble boy do you know of any shops in so.california that build boats like yours? i mean metal, river boats.

Jungle Boy
03-11-2003, 05:08 PM
I thought that www.Marinemotorsport.com (http://www.Marinemotorsport.com) was still a dealer. They used to race but I haven't seen them for a few years. Oregon may be the closest. Eagleracing has a forum that you a check with them. I'm "Bald Eagle" over there.
[ March 11, 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

Aluminum Squirt
03-11-2003, 05:57 PM
JB-why does the Eagle Racing Forum suck so bad? I'm not the most information filled boater of all time but everytime I write over there or try to get a topic started, it takes a month for anybody to reply and its usually you. There's not much in the way of AL boats in SoCal. Marinemotorsports in Oregon is about the closest. There's a few independent guys around NorCal but not too much. JB-Your boat looks great, my Sprint is getting some work done soon. Hopefully I'll be able to race Marysville this year-Aluminum Squirt

Jungle Boy
03-11-2003, 06:55 PM
It's a very small crown of people that do this type of racing and most are not much into computers(at least the ones that I know). I know there are many lurkers as they will rib me for being a computer geek, but they are reading the shit that I'm writing, so what does that make them. Alot of the guys are busy with work, sledding and other stuff to be bothered with even turning a computer on. I only show up here when I'm at work and go days, somes weeks at home without checking the posts. I'm trying, but it's slow, that's for sure. :rolleyes: That's why it's nice to get after it in here and Havasubarney. Lots of boaters in the great ole US of A.

Blown509Liberator
03-12-2003, 10:41 AM
I was shown a way to get the gray crud off the tips and is even cheap "Vinegar" cuts the crap and wipes clean

Blown 472
03-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Damn that is a nice boat, you are not going to pound it thru trees and gravel are you?? What is the skinny on the motor, details man details. :D

spectras only
03-12-2003, 11:02 AM
JB , I've seen a few completed eagles here and wonder if they [eagle] offer blank hulls for sale? I have a friend who bugs me about can boats and I know quite few builders here building the commercial stuff [they're pretty ugly wink ]and my friend is only interested something that looks decent.Your rig looks very nice.

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks Gents,
Spectras, they do sell bare hulls, but do recommend that they install the pump. Harbercraft sells some nice aluminum boats, not the typical old style tubs that most people think about when you say river boat.
The engine is a 434ci SBC. It's a Dart Little M block with with dart Pro comp-1 CNC heads, intake is a #2529, 850 cfm. It's a mild 10:1 compression and we dynoed it at 565hp at 5650 rpm. It was making 572 at 5900 rpm but I'm planning on running at 5600 rpm. The torque never dropped below 500 ft/lbs from 3875 rpm to 5500 rpm (i'm going off memory here now). And no, I hope I'm not running through the trees in this one. The old boat was build more for that style of boating. This is a light weight hull and will get damaged if it's beat on too bad. I'm trying to get more photos of it sent to me here at work but they are working on sleds this week, getting ready for a run this weekend. :rolleyes: :cool:

spectras only
03-12-2003, 12:21 PM
JB, thanks for the info.My buddy loves SBC application too.We'll going to try to get some pricing on the hull.

Jungle Boy
03-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Tell them I sent you and maybe they will buy me a beer and give you a good deal. They are my hanging out buddies. I've been trying to promote their boats for some time here. :cool:
Dave Allen
Bald Eagle
Jungle Boy
[ March 12, 2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]