PDA

View Full Version : dual berks

iparky
12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
So, I'm south bound on the I15 on Monday, heading towards Norco and what do I see but two, yes Two berkleys sticking out the back of an older boat. The tow vehicle was a yellow lowered chevy dually. I would like to know how the setup is done for it had only one engine. I bet the horse power needed to turn these berks must be high to take advantage of the thrust they make. idea2 Inquiring minds want to know.

hack job
12-10-2002, 06:20 PM
there are many topics on the dual drives do a sreach and you will find some thing wink :D for sure!

roco racing
12-10-2002, 06:27 PM
i know harold bruce at r&d marine in anaheim and aggressor is doing it.i dont know how aggressor is doing it but i know harolds runs off a gear box to spin both pumps. did someone copy anothers idea here? :rolleyes:

Jet2Riv
03-08-2003, 11:43 PM
iparky:
So, I'm south bound on the I15 on Monday, heading towards Norco and what do I see but two, yes Two berkleys sticking out the back of an older boat. The tow vehicle was a yellow lowered chevy dually. I would like to know how the setup is done for it had only one engine. I bet the horse power needed to turn these berks must be high to take advantage of the thrust they make. idea Inquiring minds want to know. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1DSCN0059-med.JPG
I think you saw me

Wet Dream
03-09-2003, 06:26 AM
Ok JET, quit holding out on us. Fill us in on the specs of this thing. What makes it tick and did you really gain that much? Looks pretty cool though. :cool:
[ March 09, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

sidewound
03-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Very cool!!! eek! Can we see more pics and see how it ticks. :confused: Looks awesome. What kinda ponies ya gotta have for that? Peace Man
CESAR :D

Taylor LP
03-09-2003, 03:29 PM
If it was an older boat it might not be a dual drive at all. Berkeley made special angled intakes (12 & 18 degree, left & right hand, if I remember right) to use in dual engine applications.
They were not very poular, but I have seen a few of these, usually in 22-24' day cruiser type boats.
On tipoff would be that the drives were spaced quite a bit further apart the the ones in the picture above.
[ March 09, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Taylor LP ]

Taylor LP
03-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Just reread your post and didn't see the part about only one engine the first time........
Never mind.