PDA

View Full Version : Solid or rubber !!!

MarKist
07-24-2003, 12:49 PM
what engine mounts should I use?? ,I have rubber front mounts and solid on the back ,I know that on cars you run solid engine mounts and rubber on the transmission, will this set up work for me ok ?? :confused: :confused:
thx Mark

Hallett19
07-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Almost every car uses rubber for motor and trans mounts. Some even use liquid filled motor mounts. I use solid mounts on my boat, 3 point mounts I think usually have rubber in front and attatched to the jet in back. I say stick with what you have.

jet4fun
07-24-2003, 01:13 PM
it sounds like you are in the market for new engine mounts :confused: :confused: :confused: i think???
first of all why?
second of all, you are gonna want to use a solid type mounting system for your motor, it is a lot stronger... and make sure you get a 4 point mount, or a rail mount. these systems transfer all the weight and stress of the motor to you're stringers... the 3 point mounting systems put the weight of the motor on the jet, and this can put a lot of stress on you're jet and the bottom of you're hull

wsuwrhr
07-25-2003, 04:21 AM
Here is what I did (http://www.geocities.com/wsuwrhr/sbproductsmarine.html) for my motor mounts.
Brian

MarKist
07-25-2003, 04:26 AM
hey fellas, thanks for the reply's.well I'm not in market to buy new mounts just was thinking about it, I'm going to install the engine this weekend and thought I would post to see what you guys think :confused: !I have 4 point mount, rubber in the front and solid in the rear, no stress on the pump wink , the engine puts out about 500hp so no big deal on the stringers there new anyway!!So I think i'll be ok, rite?? :D :D

MarKist
07-25-2003, 04:35 AM
damn your on here earley :D :D kool site!! I ask before about the alt. bracket! wink wink that some trick shit :D !! let me know some more on it ? how do I get one?? :D :D