PDA

View Full Version : New to Jet Boats, Some?'s

Bryan Rose
06-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Hell to all, this looks like a nice place for info. New to jet boats , recently picked up a 21 foot BeachComber Rebel with a BBC454. New to the whole jet boat thing and am really looking forward to getting on the water. I have some ?'s is there a frquently asked ?'s area or site that will help me in the introduction to this or what. ?'s about lubricating jet drives maintenance etc... Also need to do the interior , ?'s about attacthing seats to the hull, how thick is it methods etc.. place to get the seats etc... Help a newbie out here. Any info will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance.
Bryan Rose

Wet Dream
06-08-2003, 10:01 AM
If you have a question...ask away. We'll be here to help out. If you want to do a little research on a subject already covered, click on the "search" button (upper right of screen) and enter a word like "seats", you'll get a lot of answers. Welcome to the boards.

Hallett19
06-08-2003, 10:27 AM
I just went through this with my boat, attaching seats. Since your boat is bigger, I'm assuming it has a floor mounted on the stringers. There are a few ways of mounting seats. The idea is to no put too many holes in the floor, that allows water in then next thin you know, you need a new floor, not cheap. Try to get some anchors mounted in the floor then bolts that bolt into those through the seats to hold them down. That way you can take the seats out and put them in whenever you want, keeping the original holes and not making your floor look like swiss cheese.

Bryan Rose
06-08-2003, 02:21 PM
Well thanks alot for the responce , however I have come to find out the boat is actually 19 feet, I suspected when I picked it up but said nothing. Oh well any way I 'll go on from here. The pump I have found out is a 12 JG -A . is this pretty standard ? Also it was stamped HI-TECH 2-19-94 . I am guessing it was rebulit then by HI -TECH in 94. So When I put it in the water guess I'll see if it needs a rebuild. I'm goint to do a search on seats , and no is does not have floor built up over the stringers , just in the middle.

JayBee
06-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Hello! Would that be the one that was in the boat trader a few weeks ago and when we called on it the guy said he must have sold it way too cheap? I'm also in the Atlanta area, btw. Which lake do you run it on? Lanier? Allatoona? I am about 5 minutes from the ramps at Lanier, but go to a much quieter lake in the the north GA mountains.
There are a couple other local guys on here, too. Turns out one lives about 3 miles from me!
Jason
1973 Century Mark II 396 BBC Berkeley JC

Bryan Rose
06-08-2003, 03:40 PM
the boat came from Kansas... I actually live in Macon now since getting married... don't mind the drive though

Vintage Eliminator 21
09-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Boats Unlimited was the compnay that manufactured Beachcomber Boats in Dallas, TX from about 1977 to the early 80's. They had four models which were the Rebel (18'4"), The Renegade (18'2"), the Rouser (set up for outboard) and the Rogue (21' Day Cruiser). I had one (Rendgade) built in 1979 with a similar set up as yours. Only had it for one season but it was a blast while I had it.

superV
09-09-2003, 10:14 AM
I have a complete set of interior in all white for $700 if interested never used if you do a search you will see my pics! PM me if interested.

Bryan Rose
09-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the reply in this... Got the interior done but would still like more performance info on the Rebel...
Bryan

Bryan Rose
09-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Again

sidewound
09-09-2003, 06:24 PM
[ September 09, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: sidewound ]

sidewound
09-09-2003, 06:25 PM
sidewound:
The JG pump is common and the A means it has an A impeller. Pretty standard. If it's stamped hi-tech Duane does good work. Give us some specifics on what you want to know performance-wise.
MONEY = HORSEPOWER = PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!
Is that what your after? :D :D :D
WE NEED PICS!!!!!
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR