PDA

View Full Version : Jacuzzi help needed

wfodude
11-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Ok guys it apears as though I have a problem...I pulled the Jacuzzi pump out of my brendella project to find the impeller has eaten into the suction housing....Is there such a thing as a shouldered wear ring for the WJ ?I still have a spare berkley A impeller and it looks very close. I remember Hot boat did an article in which they machined the impeller and the Jacuzzi shaft to fit together. Then we just have to deal with the wear ring diameter difference.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wsuwrhr
11-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Easily done. I did it to my Jacuzzi.
Brian

jacuzer
11-27-2002, 11:41 PM
The Berkeley change over may solve the problem of your impeller damage but not the problem of your suction piece damage. Before you do anything you should determine if the suction piece is eaten so far as to be weakened/unuseable.
Kevin

wfodude
11-28-2002, 09:49 AM
jacuzer:
The Berkeley change over may solve the problem of your impeller damage but not the problem of your suction piece damage. Before you do anything you should determine if the suction piece is eaten so far as to be weakened/unuseable.
KevinIt just chewed the face maybe .100 deep...this is a sealing area on a berkley and I'm not sure on the Jacuzzi.If I can install a dominator stepped wear ring this will give me a brand new sealing area as well as about the right depth to keep the berk impeller.Then I just have to mill out the bowl as I'm told and presto chango we have a very efficient pump.

jacuzer
11-29-2002, 12:00 AM
Have you looked into the Berk changeover yet?
I'm curious as to how they do the wear ring conversion. Maybe someone that has done this conversion can pipe up?

wsuwrhr
11-29-2002, 12:20 AM
The Berk wear ring you have to install to use the berk impeller should cover all the destruction your impeller made. I THINK. I would have to see it.
Brian

wfodude
11-29-2002, 04:06 AM
wsuwrhr:
The Berk wear ring you have to install to use the berk impeller should cover all the destruction your impeller made. I THINK. I would have to see it.
BrianIf I can use a stepped wear ring I have got it made.As pointed out to me and as I thought the shaft can be made to fit a berk impeller and a new tail housing bushing put in to accept the smaller shaft that the berk pumps use. overall it will be one trick Jacuzzi when done.Throw on a droop snoot and this little piggie should fly

wfodude
11-29-2002, 04:08 AM
jacuzer:
Have you looked into the Berk changeover yet?
I'm curious as to how they do the wear ring conversion. Maybe someone that has done this conversion can pipe up?I looked and got scared...1600.00 plus.Ouch sorry I'm a bright boy with able hands.Gimmie a lathe and the world is mine. Oh yeah talent would be good too...Wheres River dave? hes like a god with a lathe

jacuzer
12-02-2002, 11:01 PM
For that kind of $$$'s you could pick up the Jacuzzi parts used, have the pump Blue printed and have money left over. I don't think with all the work of the conversion you will have a better pump as long as it is Blueprinted.
Even if you plan on doing the rebuild yourself, Give Jack(MPD) a call about having him rework the impeller.(949)631-2040
Jack brought my tortured W impeller back to life. Night and day difference. Beached1 has posted pic's of his Pump/Impeller.
I would have to say this is a "must do" on the Jacuzzi W since the stock impeller is so bad.
Kevin

beached1
12-03-2002, 06:41 AM
jacuzer:
Beached1 has posted pic's of his Pump/Impeller.
Kevinhttp://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Pump.jpg
This is a pic of my WJ after 1 full season. I wish I would have snapped a shot of the trailing edge b4 the pump was assembled. It was pretty cool looking.
Jacuzer is right. You can save a lot of money by having MPD rework your WJ impeller and go through the pump than if you did the other.
I was all ready to have MPD install a WJ engergizer kit on mine when Jack talked me out of it. Not that it wouldn't be an improvement, but that he felt he could wake my pump up for about half the price. Then I was able to use the xtra $$ I had planned on spending for other stuff.
[ December 03, 2002, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: beached1 ]