PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley 460 Pakajet Hop Up

mctrick
12-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I have a 21' 79 Checkmate Entertainer Jet with a 460 Ford and Berkely JF pump. The engine finally needs a rebuild only because water is seeping into intake somehow and now I have an excuse to pull it out and hop it up. Only problem is I have no clue what is the best mods for this set up. Yeah It runs great already but faster is always better. I want to use pump gas and keep it under $5000. Help

sidewound
12-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Don't know where you live or the prices. Just a freshen up for my motor, pistons,cam, lifters,timing chain and gears,oil pump,bearings,gaskets and seals and all the machine work was about 3K. Maybe that will give you an idea.

hack job
12-09-2002, 04:25 PM
well i would go with te motor and some minor pump work maybe a place diverter!( your pump might allready have this) i would think that to build a 9.5:1 motor wouldnt be too bad it really depends on how much hp you want ! i would go with a cam and dual plane manifold maybe a edlebrock performer rpm or a wieand stelth! as for the cam nothing too outrageuos just some thing with some lift maybe roller ( more lift less duration) but as parts go thats what start to cost you! i can tell you form experiance on my ford motor!it was a little more than that but i have about 600 hp and a liter boat.
if you want to see what i am running you can visit
http://www.plumbersassracing.com/motor%201.htm
that is a link to my page with the build up good luck and let us know what else we can help you with! wink :D

mctrick
12-09-2002, 04:51 PM
That engine is so sweet I'd ask it out.
I appreciate your help