PDA

View Full Version : For all those looking for a Place Diverter

froggystyle
05-08-2002, 09:16 AM
I just talked with the owner of both Place Diverters, and CP Performance. Place cannot get involved in sales, as they work only through distributors, but CP is interested in cutting a deal on a mess of diverters for anyone who wants one.
The prices from CP are $575 for a manual, and $699 for a hydraulic. This is alledgedly a low-markup product, but I feel we can get a small amount off of this with a bulk purchase. I already have mine, so this is purely for those jetters who need one and are scrapping for a used one.
The new design by the way has an integrated "ride plate" in the nozzle, and reduces water resistance while running, so it is faster than the older variant. It is available for the JG or JC, as well as Jacuzzi and others.
I work for neither company, and stand to make nothing on this, but I do know the owners of both and was trying to help you all out. If there is any interest in buying a new one for a discount price, let me know.
By the way... for those of you looking for a used place diverter... Look next to the unicorn. People don't sell them. Once they are on, no one in their right mind takes them off. What you will find is used Jet-o-vaters and other brands.
[This message has been edited by froggystyle (edited May 08, 2002).]

Hallett19
05-08-2002, 09:22 AM
I will put an order in for one, the g/f said she will pay half so I am ready to go for under $600!!!(I want a manual)How many need to buy to put this order through ?

froggystyle
05-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Good question. I would imagine that the more people, the lower the price. Those prices posted are list. Gotta be some room for discounts somewhere.
I doubt anyone would not cut a deal on 10 units sold...

HYDROMOBILE
05-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Does that come with the cable too?

bombboy
05-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Hey Froggy,I'm in! $699 is awfully cheap for a nozzle and hydraulic kit for a jacuzzi pump!Does that include a new forward/reverse cable?how about a rudder?
c-ya
BOMBBOY

froggystyle
05-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Both kits are complete, and I actually need to verify the price on the Jacuzzi kit. I mentioned that they made them, but I don't know if the cost is the same.
I'll get back to you on that one. These are really good prices though, and like I said, with enough interest they will probably get better.

SB
05-08-2002, 12:08 PM
I might be interested in a hydraulic for a Berk JC. Should we get Aggressor to bid on this too? (P.S. I'm not Chet.)

GlastronGuy
05-08-2002, 02:11 PM
I don't suppose there will be one available for the JE?

Eric
05-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bombboy:
Hey Froggy,I'm in! $699 is awfully cheap for a nozzle and hydraulic kit for a jacuzzi pump!Does that include a new forward/reverse cable?how about a rudder?
c-ya
BOMBBOY
It's highly unlikely their price will be the same for the Jacuzzi WJ unit. The WJ diverter comes with a nozzle housing.
The LIST price for the WJ diverter is $160 more than for a Berk JG.
Eric
[This message has been edited by Eric (edited May 08, 2002).]

bombboy
05-08-2002, 02:56 PM
ERIC,that's kind of what I figured but it's always worth a try!GET ME A SCREAMIN DEAL FROGGY! Thanx BOMBBOY

ChetCapoli
05-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by SB:
I might be interested in a hydraulic for a Berk JC. Should we get Aggressor to bid on this too? (P.S. I'm not Chet.)
Will it ever end? First and HB now an SB. Just for the record i researched this diverter issue a long time ago and i'll say it again the aggressor diverter is cheaper and it comes with the FTN nozzle and push button control. That 699 for the PD is for a regular nozzle and dash mounted toggle switch for up and down. CP has had that price for a long time..no special pricing. Hands down the aggressor is the better deal. I dont see what the problem is. If you want to spend more, pay for the name and get less...go for it!
CHET
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited May 08, 2002).]

tahitijet
05-08-2002, 08:25 PM
I'll take a manual for a JC.
let us know
thanks

Budnikjet
05-09-2002, 06:20 AM
I would be interestedin one for a JG.for the right price. let me know

Licketty Split
05-09-2002, 07:04 AM
I'm in

AntRant
05-09-2002, 10:47 AM
froggystyle.... What about the Berk JE????

SB
05-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Chet, I wasn't flaming you. I recall your earlier statements on the Agressor, and that's why I brought it up.

Hotcrusader76
05-09-2002, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by froggystyle:
The new design by the way has an integrated "ride plate" in the nozzle, and reduces water resistance while running, so it is faster than the older variant. It is available for the JG or JC, as well as Jacuzzi and others.
Hey Froggy,
What's up bro? Hey my 12JG has a ride plate on it already and stops where the split bowl meets my droop nozzle. To your knowledge will this new place diverter (with integrated ride plate) at all affect my current set-up with my ride plate stopping at the split bowl section. I had the ride plate integrated from the intake all the way out supporting the bowl. What do you think? Or should I call up the guys at Place?
[This message has been edited by Hotcrusader76 (edited May 09, 2002).]

propless
05-09-2002, 02:43 PM
If you guys are really serious, I spent several weeks calling around and found the best deal, and by far the best service from Tom at http://jetboatperformance.com/
Again, not only did he have the best price (delivered to me in Louisiana at my doorstep), he helped when I ran into snags.
Anyone can sell a damn part, but will they help when run into a problem - not very often.
My two cents worth.
jetpump@earthlink.net

ChetCapoli
05-09-2002, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by propless:
Again, not only did he have the best price (delivered to me in Louisiana at my doorstep), he helped when I ran into snags.
Anyone can sell a damn part, but will they help when run into a problem - not very often.
Hey propless,
who did you call and what did you pay? Reason i ask is i find it hard to believe you called enought people to find he had the best price. Besides if you didnt buy the aggressor diverter(i take it you bought place) which is the cheapest of the two you probably didnt get the best price you could find. To me, place diverter is overpriced and they have priced themselves out of the market if your a saavy shopper and are aware of other brands just as good if not better.
CHET
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited May 09, 2002).]

RiverDave2
05-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Dam I'm glad your back Chet.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif It's just not the same without ya..
RD

ChetCapoli
05-09-2002, 03:00 PM
right back at ya RD. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
CHET

Bubbledeck2
05-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Last year I priced manual Place diverters for a JC .. best price I got was $550

Hallett19
05-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Well when you guys are ready to throw in, I am ready to write a check, and if you think you can find good used ones or a better deal, I think they have them at www.keepdreaming.com (http://www.keepdreaming.com) or maybe www.nothappening.com (http://www.nothappening.com) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

ChetCapoli
05-09-2002, 06:46 PM
hey bubbledeck,
where did you find that price? I just went to the jetboatperformance site and they have manual diverters on "special" for $585...CP is $575 all day long.. so...propless??? No offense, just curious is all as i had spent alot of time too at one time with this.
CHET

HYDROMOBILE
05-09-2002, 07:08 PM
Jetperformance says diverter special, berk adjustable trim, it doesn't say place diverter, it might be a aggressor diverter?

RiverDave2
05-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19:
Well when you guys are ready to throw in, I am ready to write a check, and if you think you can find good used ones or a better deal, I think they have them at www.keepdreaming.com (http://www.keepdreaming.com) or maybe www.nothappening.com (http://www.nothappening.com) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
So many ways to flame that, but alas were in the "Tech" forum... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k
RD

froggystyle
05-09-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey Chet... I believe the topic was "For all those looking for a Place diverter" not "for anyone looking for the cheapest diverter".
Heckle elsewhere.
For those interested, I am going to wait another day, tally the results and get a price for you all.
Like I said, I am hoping that those are starting prices for negotiation, and we can work down from there with enough interest.
Squirts up!

AntRant
05-10-2002, 05:34 AM
But will you be able to get one for a JE pump??

BobS
05-10-2002, 08:35 AM
A diverter is on my wish list. If the price is right, I'll find the $$$.

froggystyle
05-10-2002, 08:39 AM
OK party people... here is the deal.
JE pumps : $599 man, $759 hydraulic
Jac WJ : $725 man, $885 hydraulic (comes in Black)
I am still working to get a better price for you all, and you will be able to order with a "keyword" and get the hot boat forum discount (Whatever I can work out) The owner is not available this minute though to set a firm discount price. They have expressed that they will break it down some though.
In retrospect, this has worked every time we have worked together to make a purchase... Lifeline jackets, batteries, camp spots, T-shirts etc...
This should be a larger part of what we accomplish here on the forums.

Bubbledeck2
05-10-2002, 08:58 AM
froggy unless the price went up drastically over the winter I know you can get the manual diverter cheaper.
you've got mail

Licketty Split
05-10-2002, 09:05 AM
Froggy you da man keep it up http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cartoons/southpark/southpark44.gif hhummmmmkkaaaayy

Jet 460
05-10-2002, 09:26 AM
Iam also interested in a Hyd. setup for my 12je,thanks

froggystyle
05-10-2002, 09:31 AM
If anyone knows of a cheaper place that can handle this volume without stepping on any toes (i.e. I know this guy who knows a guy who gets a great deal...) or burning any bridges, let me know, I will throw the hat into their ring and see what happens.
There is not too much markup on these things, and not very many dealers either. Unless someone is backdooring or loosing money for exposure (possible, very possible) I don't think we will beat the eventual price we get to on a genuine product. This is all you guys, do what you want, I am just exercising a "connection" for you.

propless
05-10-2002, 12:20 PM
My good friend who challenges me. I called and/or emailed eight different places, including CP performance. The best price I located (on those who took the time of day to return a call or email me back I might add), jet performance had the best price at THAT TIME.
I purchased the the place diverter, the hydraulic unit, gauges & rudder.
As I stated earlier, Tom provided price, RESPONSE & SERVICE "After" the sale.
Price is critical, but being able to fall back on someone for help is more important to me. Remember, I'm in Louisiana (raised in Hacienda Height, CA and jet boat enthusiast). I'm limited on the friends that I can call up, invite over for a barbque & cold beer to help me on my boat. When I stop in a the gas station to fill my two forty gallon tanks (yes I do bring my credit card - but premium here is only $1.45), I am asked by everytime, "what the hell is that & where's the prop"
Hope each and everyone one of find "your" best deal.
By the way, last weekend I was heading to the sand beach coming out of a flood diversion canal, and a 8' - 10' gator was dead in the middle of the canal. I shut down and coasted to within 20'-30' showing my wife and son the gator. Needless to say, when we arrived at the sand beach neither one of them were up for tubing - go figure!
Have a great weekend!

RiverDave2
05-10-2002, 12:40 PM
By the way, last weekend I was heading to the sand beach coming out of a flood diversion canal, and a 8' - 10' gator was dead in the middle of the canal. I shut down and coasted to within 20'-30' showing my wife and son the gator. Needless to say, when we arrived at the sand beach neither one of them were up for tubing - go figure!
I'm having "flashbacks" of Florida right now.. F'n Airboat driver almost put a 10'er in my lap. The Gator was pissed and kinda making a hissing sound, I was pissed and jumpin over seats to get in the back of the airboat.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Anyhow that's another story for another time.. Back to Place Diverters.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

ChetCapoli
05-10-2002, 03:11 PM
[B]Hey Chet... I believe the topic was "For all those looking for a Place diverter" not "for anyone looking for the cheapest diverter".
Heckle elsewhere.
Ok mr. "cutting a deal on a mess of diverters"...or "We can get a small amount off of this with bulk purchase" or "starting price for negotiation".
I'm the heckler thought right? I'm just trying to be helpful here and if your going to buy say 10 diverters or so i would think just taking off a couple bucks isnt going to do it. You make it look like they are going to give some great deal or something. Are they? Get the facts and then call me the heckler. Not nice to get everyone hyped up without the price i think. As i said before i researched it for a while myself, that's why i went with the aggressor. Best deal and just as nice PERIOD. FYI, that incorperated ride plate has been around for a few years...not necessarily a "new design".
Hey propless,
You think you live in the sticks? You should try the northeast where i am, jets are far and few between. you live in the swamps dont ya? I would think they are a little more plentiful where you are than me. They made the old james bond movie with the jets in it now didnt they? I dont mean to challenge you but i just dont think you did your homework is all. I bet if you called duane at hi-tech or Big "A" in Tenn or my man Ted here at C.B.M. or even jack at MPD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif, i'm sure you would have gotten your share of info before and after the sale if that's what you are looking for. I'm sure people here will agree on that http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif. A few of em i listed even have toll free numbers so you can spend their dime not yours.
CHET

froggystyle
05-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Chet chet chet....
In other news, I just got an e-mail from another "bidder" for the purchase and has offered an interesting option to going with CP if the price is not right. Still Place, and possibly a little competition might sweeten the deal for all of you.
We'll see!

hellman2u
05-11-2002, 08:16 AM
thanks froggy , your research makes it easy for me . i am interested mainly in the place . iam going to buy , with hydraulics for a jg. if the buy comes to my prefered company, please let me know.i will need to get ordered up within a couple weeks. i will want the ftn .

HOSS
05-11-2002, 02:07 PM
I want a mechanical, count me in!

curt
05-12-2002, 09:09 PM
count me in for a diverter & can or will any of you give some FRIENDLY advice on an energizer kit for my jacuzzi?

Hotcrusader76
05-13-2002, 07:06 AM
Froggy,
So what is the price so far out the door....for a mechanical Place for a 12JG?
I want to jump in with this deal, but I need the digits brother...
Ty

froggystyle
05-13-2002, 07:58 AM
Curt,
Just a thought on the energizer kit...
Hustler just did one, and is truly in love, but after discussing this purchase with CP last week, they made a good point regarding energizer kits... They offer a "trade-in" allowance for most jet pumps, and it includes a new Berk, hyd place diverter and a couple other goodies I believe. In short, it is a complete pump assembly and it will nearly bolt in to a Jacuzzi hole. I think you have to expand the hole 1/4" in front, but the widths are the same. Once the energizer kit is all said and done, I believe that this route rivals it in price. (assuming you do the install work.)

sunchaser
05-13-2002, 03:19 PM
I want a manual one for a jc if the price is right.

Hustler
05-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Froggy I talked to CP at the boat show about there trade in deal and in order to install the berk you need to do a little glass work to make the hole smaller trust me I looked at every angle before I went the route that I did but I am in love with my pump now. Chet this ones for you.......THANK YOU MPD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Hustler

Old Charger
05-13-2002, 05:30 PM
Hey Hustler,
So did you talk numbers with CP? What was it gonna cost out the door. You and I have the same pump so I figure the prices should be close. I figure that when I'm having HB do the floors I might as well upgrade. What model Berk do they dish out with that deal?

froggystyle
05-13-2002, 10:19 PM
I think it is the new JI or JG. One or the other. Call and ask. Say you saw us talking about it here and try to hook up a deal.

Hustler
05-14-2002, 08:02 AM
Hey Charger, If I remember right I think the cost was about 2800 and that was for the the JI, If you are going to have glass work done anyway I would probably just go ahead and do the berk deal, you should do like froggy said and call them to see what they have to say. good luck
Hustler

sunchaser
05-15-2002, 09:01 AM
So whats our smokin deal on the place diverter? I need one yesterday.

racingrascal
05-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Froggy and Hallet I like how you guys do the two team sales pitch. Kind of reminds of a good cop bad cop sales pitch. It looks as though it is working well. Best of luck to both of you on your sales guys!
Andy

ChetCapoli
05-15-2002, 05:33 PM
[B]Hey Chet... I believe the topic was "For all those looking for a Place diverter" not "for anyone looking for the cheapest diverter".
If you didnt notice that post sunchaser, i quoted it for you. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif If you want the smokin kind of deal, there's only one kind to get.
CHET
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited May 15, 2002).]