PDA

View Full Version : history searching

victorfb
10-13-2003, 09:00 PM
i trying to see if anyone on here has any info on a hull. its a 1976 rogers 18'. mostly yellow with brown lines. it has "lets dance" painted on the side, and "glendale" on the transom. has been rigged with a BBC ( no engine now ). sorry i dont have pics, but ill see what i can do if needed. thanks for any help.

cyclone
10-14-2003, 01:09 PM
where's it at?

Danhercules
10-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I am almost sure Vic was lookin in Murietta. The bastard is gonna have a Rogers after all. Looks like you sold him Mike!!!!!

cyclone
10-14-2003, 01:35 PM
there's like 3 of them in the boat trader right now.

TRG
10-14-2003, 04:36 PM
were just like the japanese,.....just multiplyin'
"team bonneville" GO TEAM!!,...GO GO GO!!!!!!

TRG
10-14-2003, 04:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45toddnbaby2-med.JPG
just keepin' it real, pretty soon they are all gonna want one,...and we are gonna be the only one's who have them!!! the weiman tradition, "Tainting the young souls of tomorrow" the crew will rise and conquer all!!!!unlesss of course they drain the planet of fossil fuels and we all have to put electric motors in our boats and put speakers were the headers used to be!!! oops , my spagetti is done, i;ll see all of you crazies later!!! todd
p.s. gotta love the roll at the belt line!!
(chicks cant get enough of it) dont tell my wife!!!

Danhercules
10-14-2003, 05:01 PM
cyclone:
there's like 3 of them in the boat trader right now. He already bought it if I remeber correctly. He wants to know if anyone knows this particular boat. Its named "Lets Dance". I dont know if it was in the trader. I think it was online. But then again, I am just a dumb ass!!!!! :p

LAPD Gary
10-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Read the thread,
Only cause "glendale" is involved, a lot of Rogers owners in that area went to Norm Grimes back in the day for motor stuff, I don't have his number but someone here probably does. Also check with Don Lake of Don&Aurel's Porsche repair in Burbank (check 411 for number) he knew a lot of the older rogers' owners in that area as well. He drove the "2 Qwik 4 U" Bonneville at NJBA in the 80's at 108mph and, needless to say, knows these hulls.

victorfb
10-14-2003, 09:21 PM
were's it at? it's right outside my bedroom window, so it can be the first thing i see when i wake up. :D
but yes, it was in murietta. the guy had it in the recycler and it was the only one i found that had no engine. (but set up for BBC) has all the stuff. the guy pulled the engine to put into a street rod. go figure. i looked at it a while back, but wanted to check them all out. i drove to parker and that one was thrashed, i drove to santa barbera, and that one was painted with alot of cracking coming through the paint. (though he told me it was re-gel coated 2 years ago) :mad:
this one wasnt very pretty to look at as its been sitting outside for a while. but after looking closely i saw its true potential. he was so cool and even dropped the price and threw in all kinds of extras. i think i got a killer deal. besides, i am very happy with it allready. its going to be one awsome project and will have years of fun using it. :D
the boat title says its a 75 rogers VHN RCBB80290974. its 18' and has that little fin on the bottom of the hull.(not sure what those were for) it has a berk JG that the guy says was done by greg shoemaker at GS marine, so i wont know whats inside till i go through it. it does have a loader grate, shoe, ride plate, but the droop was removed to be installed on a differant boat. (damn). also has one of those old twin side exit revers gates. thats kinda cool, but i plan to put a place diverter on it after the droop when i find one.
there doesnt seem to be much hook at all, and the gell is nice underneath. guess he didnt beach it much. the gel looks like it will clean up and it doesnt seem to have any cracking anywere.it was capped and doesnt have any dings in the rail anywere except right at the nose. TODD? :D
anyhow. i am jazzed about the new baby and will try and post pics as i go.

victorfb
10-14-2003, 09:47 PM
by the way... great shot of the baby Todd. way cool man. :D

TRG
10-14-2003, 10:08 PM
you may say baby,... I say teammate vic ,... come on buddy weve got to stay focused!!! weve all got to stick together here!! the fam.(bonneville family)
thanks for the kind words vic!!tizzodd grizziggs izzout!!!

TRG
10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
hey vic i just remembered that im getting rid of my int and going fiberglass seats so if you want some new wood all you will have to do is have them re-covered! call me teammate!!!!!!

old rigger
10-15-2003, 06:14 AM
Hey Vic,
congrats on the Rogers. Your boat's a 74, built in September, going on the #'s you posted. And the little fin hanging through the bottom's a turning fin. They work great on a Rogers and in fact work great on almost any jet.

TRG
10-15-2003, 09:45 AM
hey there OR hows it going out there in the 562,... the ol buck smith is going to be unveiled in june of 04' she's comin along just fine !!!i gave it to a close friend of the family and he been rippin through it!! he will let me see it when i need to paint it! wich is scheduled to be around x-mas!! todd

victorfb
10-15-2003, 09:56 AM
old rigger. thanks man. i am so jazzed about it. and the fin deal is cool. i kinda figured thats what it was for. especially for the circle boat racers. ive heard some guys taking them off, or just not replacing them after they break off. but i think im going to run mine. i cant wait to run this boat. should be a big differance from the tahiti in the cornering area.
Todd. thats awsome man. i definatly need to replace the wood. so if your not going to use it, ill definatly take it. thanks man. that will save me a little time aswell. just that much closer to getting her on the water and be with its teammates. :D

Danhercules
10-15-2003, 10:23 AM
toddnjuzz:
you may say baby,... I say teammate vic ,... come on buddy weve got to stay focused!!! weve all got to stick together here!! the fam.(bonneville family)
thanks for the kind words vic!!tizzodd grizziggs izzout!!! I dont have a Rogers, so i guess that means I am not on your team. :( Dose that mean I play on the OTHER team? eek! :confused: eek! :confused:

victorfb
10-15-2003, 10:35 AM
no Dan, you can still play with the team. we need a mascott. :p kinda reminds me when we were kids and you had to ride in the short bus. just funnin with ya man.

Danhercules
10-15-2003, 10:46 AM
If I am gonna be on the short bus, I will need a chair! Can I use you wheelchair? I promis not to go off any stairs like Cyclone did!!!!

old rigger
10-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Vic,
yeah, leave the fin and it it ever breaks, take the time to replace it. Rogers hulls turn great anyway but with a fin, it's ****in awesome.

victorfb
10-15-2003, 06:25 PM
the fin is definatly going to stay. i was underneath it today to see what condition everything was in and found something interesting. the pump housing cover that is attached to the transom has been lowered. and after looking underneath i noticed the entire pump has been tilted to a point that the rear of it was about 3/4 inch lower. the ride plate sits pretty far down and has a spacer between the shoe and ride plate. the shoe seems like it actually comes further forward than the opening on the intake, almost like a shovling affect. does this direct more water into the intake? it seems like it would act as a scoop for water.
after taking a few pictures of the boat, for before and after shots, i tried to clean up the gel coat a bit. it actually is coming out nice. i just need to figure out how to get all the rest of the clear coat off that someone sprayed. most it is coming of by itself, but there is ares that its stuck pretty good still. any ideas?

TRG
10-15-2003, 06:43 PM
hey dan, there wont be any problem with you on the team! its was a rogers thang but ive opened the flood doors for the new team ,..."THE JETBOAT COALITION" you're cool bro!!!the committee recognizes you bro!!! but you cant forget the hat!!!!

Danhercules
10-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Ok!! I got it now!!! Thanks for letting me in. Now I that I am on your team, am I the pitcher or the catcher??!??!?! jawdrop

jthdog
10-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Hey Victor, I saw that 76 Rogers in the Recycler right above my ad. I figured you would jump on it since it had no motor and was set up for a BBC. Plus the price was right.
Congratulations!! Good luck with it. Mines still for sale if you know anyone. Thanks Jay

victorfb
10-16-2003, 11:10 AM
hey thanks Jay. yes, it was a good deal for me since i allready had a motor. i have however been spreading the word about yours. youd be amazed of all the rogers ive been going to look at, and yours is definatly one that i would consider. i just fell into a deal i couldnt pass up. :D
ill keep spreading the word for ya man. even though id like to see you out there with it. but i understand the circumstances.

jthdog
10-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks Victor, I appreciate it. I will see you out there soon enough no matter what I have.
Thanks again, Jay