PDA

View Full Version : BBC Heads

454,pantherjet witchcraft
05-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Just a Quick Question? Maybe a little stupid but who knows?
In the valleys of a bbc Head there is what looks like a little Clock with a pointer pointing to one side of the zero. and on the other head pointing to the otherside of the zero. Does this represent what side of the motor the head goes on or? and if so where is the zero? the front of the motor (timing chain) or the back?
Witchcraft

Oldsquirt
05-08-2002, 08:15 PM
It has nothing to do with what side of block it is to be used on. They can be used on either side.
The fact it looks like a clock is the big clue. It is probably a clock to indicate the time of day it was produced. Of course that is just my educated guess. I have a couple heads in the garage. One shows the pointer at about 2:00 and the other is at about 5:00.

05-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Well that is good becouse when I took off the heads off the motor they got turned around somehow And I cant figure what side they went on. I am not to worried. I have a new cam, Lifters, Springs, Going back into it and the pushrods and rocker arms are all matched in order and clearly marked.
The heads have been cleaned up and valves where lapped. So i Don't think it will matter. True?
Witchcraft

novaspy
05-09-2002, 05:06 AM
Have no fear. It doesn't matter what side you put the heads on. The only time that I have seen it matter is when you have some strange brackets, and the heads have different sized bolt holes in them. All of the bolt holes should be in the same location
but they can be different size. I would check the bracket and go for it.
Hope this helps.

05-10-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanks all for the info. You guys answered the question I needed. Thanks alot.
See ya at the river
Witchcraft