PDA

View Full Version : 17-days to go Until I get to See My Rooster Tail and Consume Lots of Coors Light

HotHallet
03-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Well the time is almost here for the first trip of the season on March 28-31 at Needles Marina Park with Disco and Tanja and Hackjob and Shannon. I can't wait to go. After working on the boat and trailer straight for the last three months I am finally almost ready. I am really excited about seeing my rooster tail. I'm going to have someone drive my boat by while I stand on the beach so I can get the full effect. Next weekend I have to put the new fenders on my trailer and just fire the boat up and run it for a few minutes.This is going to be a great season. I hope like everyone else here that the gas prices drop! With each trip costing 500-600 bucks trips will defintely be less frequent for me. Oh well can't buzz kill the summer now-just have to take it as it comes. Anyway just stoked for the first trip with a lot of new changes to the boat and trailer. I have a friend who has contemplated buying a boat for quite sometime and is going to buy one right before this trip-how cool is that?

Jake W
03-11-2003, 08:22 PM
HotHallet I use to have alot of fun with my buddies going to truck shows and stuff like that now some of them do not show there trucks any more and need a new hobbie now how do I talk them in to getting a jet.Isnt is cool when you and your buddies have the same intrest.Have funn this summer and just sit in the water more to save gas.Jake

disco_charger
03-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Damn Travis, how the hell are you spending 600 in a weekend? I think that you might be a bit fancy for us 909 folk wink

Raskal
03-11-2003, 09:26 PM
just filled up my truck this morning $68.50 and only got 32 gallons
so good luck this summer and be glad beer is cheaper then gas :D
[ March 11, 2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

Beautiful Noise
03-11-2003, 09:49 PM
disco_charger:
Damn Travis, how the hell are you spending 600 in a weekend? I think that you might be a bit fancy for us 909 folk wink Disco he's eating Prime Rib every night while most of us are eating HotDog's & Burger's
:rolleyes:
Steve

Hallett19
03-11-2003, 10:11 PM
I was going to mention the same thing, $600 bones for a river trip, damn, when I go to havasu (before I got on the boards and met great people who gave me a great place to stay) I would take my boat and my friends and we would be in a weekend a whole $150 each, 100 for truck gas, 100 for boat gas(double those with the current prices) maybe 25 a piece for a room at sandman (5-8 per room) and 30 in food and beer and 20 for club action. Lay off the bottles of Crystal Champagne and $50 cigars at the sandbar and prime rib dinners with a vintage 1978 bottle of Château Mouton Rothschild wine and exotic chocolates and imported Cognac for desert. wink
[ March 11, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

HOOTER SLED-
03-12-2003, 09:32 AM
I agree with HH on the money thing. If you hotel it, you're definetely spending close to that in a weekend. Camping will save you some duckets though. It's eating out that runs up the tab. Not to mention when you hit the bar. Travis, takes some photos of that roost. What made you wait to get that on yours? It made such a huge difference when I put the diverter on my 18', you should be pleased with the results. I sent my nozzle off to Panther to get the work done for the pump on my 21 footer. My first mod to the new boat. Can't wait to get it back and try it out. Have fun with yours.
Later, Jason

HotHallet
03-12-2003, 01:37 PM
The river trip funds were estimated by the increase in fuel prices. I figure $100 in truck gas, $80 bucks in boat gas ( I plan on ripping around alot this trip), $65 in lodging that's $ 40 for two nights at Needles Marina park (splitting a campsite with a friend)and $24 for Sunday night at the Avi. Food and Beer for Leslie and I is usually about $100. Got to throw about $50 in for miscellaneous and Leslie wants a nice dinner at the Avi on Sunday night.
Gas= 180
Food/Booze=100
lodging=65
Misc=50
Nice Dinner for Leslie=45
Figure about $440 for the whole trip.
My original estimate was a bit high so this is more realistic although it is still going to hurt!

cyclone
03-12-2003, 01:55 PM
travis is a baller. dont lie man, you'll be runnin' race fuel, bbq'ing lobster tails and heading to laughlin to gamble every night@!

HotHallet
03-12-2003, 02:00 PM
I was also thinking about hiring a bunch of midgets to bring me drinks and cook all the meals. I'll bring little step ladders so they can wash and wax the boat every morning before I have my driver back it in the water.

cyclone
03-12-2003, 02:37 PM
see i knew it! you're such a player.

TRG
03-12-2003, 04:04 PM
NO,... bullshit,travis, we know you are gonna be flaunting the new trailer , doin' hot laps in the parking lot! right,...so add another 50 green backs to the tally!!! wink

Bense468
03-12-2003, 04:06 PM
80 in gas? That is cheap. Have fun