PDA

View Full Version : Hawiian boats

Brknrun
03-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Does any one have any info on Hawiian boats? :)

1Bahnerjet
03-02-2003, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brknrun:
[QB] Does any one have any info on Hawiian boats? :) -----------------------------------
Last company Dick Schuster(tahiti)owned. Started producing semi customs under different management(team hawaiian) wink
--------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive
[ March 02, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

old rigger
03-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Team Hawaiian had nothing to do with Schuster.
The last boat shop he owned was 'Sun Ray'. He bought it for his son after Hawaiian went belly up.
He built some boats in the 80's under the 'Hawaiian' name with some old Tahiti/Hawaiian employees, namely Art, the old taper turned gel coater. But these boats were pretty few and far between and weren't connected with Team Hawaiian. He even had a 50 foot cat in the works but it never got finished.

AZKC
03-03-2003, 08:25 AM
Brknrun:
Does any one have any info on Hawiian boats? :) Its hard to find info, But ours has been in the family since 1979.
KC

Brknrun
03-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info..it has brought a whole new light to the "Bastard".I'm alittle disapointed
but Ill keep her for now..Hope to see all of you at th RWYB in Lake Smellsomemore..

Kwicherbichen
03-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Brknrun:
Thanks for the info..it has brought a whole new light to the "Bastard".I'm alittle disapointed
but Ill keep her for now..Hope to see all of you at th RWYB in Lake Smellsomemore.. Brknrun, where in La Mirada are you? Hopefully we can meet up at RWYB2.

old rigger
03-04-2003, 07:16 AM
Brknrun:
but Ill keep her for now..Hope to see all of you at th RWYB in Lake Smellsomemore.. Brknrun,
I wasn't slamin' them, at least that wasn't my intention. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just trying to fill you in on a little history of who was who.
My dad had one for 20 years, 20' open bow, BBC, Berkley. Had lots of great river trips in that boat. Never had one thing break, crack, fade, fall off or anything else hapen to that boat. Lost a cam once, but after the rebuild by George at Clay Smith, the old girl ran pretty hard for what she was. I sold it when he died a few years ago and now kinda wish I'd kept it.

Brknrun
03-04-2003, 06:36 PM
I.m near the corner of Valley View and Rosecrans..
Clay Smith is the ONLY cam I'll run.There rep
is unbeatable as well as the quality Goerge puts into each cam..I've bought several cams from them

nextasex
03-06-2003, 09:52 PM
What the heck happened to my post a couple days ago, and what happened to the story old rigger had provided. I wanted to read it again because my first boat was a Tahiti, built by Schuster. What an awesome boat that was. I ended up selling it to some dude up in Seattle, he drove down here to L.A. in a Grand Am with a class 2 hitch on it. That thing was low riding when we put the boat on it.
Hey Sean, you better smoke Leon once your boat is complete, :)
See you guys at RWYB2.
Frank