PDA

View Full Version : how would i know how muck my boat is worth

Eric455
05-23-2002, 12:03 PM
my boat is a 1974 22' Omega day cruiser. its has a 455 olds steel crank crome valve covers berkely jet drive. completely refurbished, ne floor, new carpet new seats and upulstry, new tanks, cables, hoses, wiring, gauges, ect. most important of all it has a new gelcoat. faily new trailer. i have invested over 16000 on it to make it look new again and now want to get into another projets so can anyone tell me what's a good price to sell it for and will people acually but it for that price? thanx

Hallett19
05-23-2002, 12:25 PM
You are local man!! I live in sherman oaks but my boat is parked in eagle rock.

Costello
05-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Eric 455, I'm not a boat appraiser but I try to keep abreast of prices in California pretty regular like. I'm sure you have a choice resto and I hate to sound insulting, but I'm thinking if you could get 7k for it you'd be doing well IMO. It's real hard to keep from getting upside down in a hurry with project boats. Do a 20-21' boat search in California at www.tradeonline.com (http://www.traderonline.com) for say between $5,000 and the $16,000 you have invested in yours and it will give you a real good idea of a real world value for yours. Remember most of the people that are selling do not get full asking price unless the boat is priced well to begin with.
[This message has been edited by Costello (edited May 23, 2002).]

HavasuDreamin'
05-23-2002, 01:29 PM
Costello gave you excellent information. I agree with him as I also keep abreast of the Calif. Used boat market. Good Luck!

69 Elim
05-23-2002, 01:31 PM
I am not an expert by any means, but without seeing - I would have said $8k or so. Don't mean to offend ya. I have gone down that road many times - building something up and selling later. I have usually gotten 50 cents on the dollar and chalk up the rest to "my hobbie".

Eric455
05-23-2002, 05:55 PM
hey thanx guy trust me i'm really not afended i thank you very much for ur time and telling me the truth thanx to everyone. i know i wont get that much from it but i guess i'll keep it if thats the case. anyway's see ya guys later.
eric