PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Hydraulic Diverter?

GlastronGuy
08-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I just installed a diverter. I am trying to bleed it. The pump only makes noise going in one direction and occasionally the diverter will move just a fraction of an inch.
Dose the pump make noise in both directions? In one direction I can hear air bleed back into the reservoir.
How is this thing supposed to be primed?

Danhercules
08-21-2003, 06:14 PM
If its bleeding, put a Band-Aid on it!!! :D
I never had to bleed mine, If your hearing air, you might have a leak at the fittings or somthing like that. Are you sure the wireing is hooked up right? The first time I did it the wires were wrong and it only went one way. Take a look at that. The unit should make noise in both directions. Mine does.!!!

GlastronGuy
08-21-2003, 06:19 PM
I'll double check the wiring but I believe it is correct. There is a plug at the pump so it can't be wrong there. :)
As a side note, I am running it directly off the battery to eliminate voltage drops anywhere.
EDIT
It's wired correctly.
[ August 21, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

Mohavekid
08-21-2003, 06:42 PM
GG,
Sounds like you may have a bad solenoid on the pump. No bleeding of the lines is necessary on the PD setup.
The pump is manufactured by Bennett for PD, and the http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trouble.htm website has some useful info on trouble shooting the pump.
PD is usually pretty good about customer service too.
Good Luck
Rich

GlastronGuy
08-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the link. I emailed and called Place.
Do you know if "Bennettt" is Jeff Bennett?

Mohavekid
08-21-2003, 07:10 PM
GG,
I don't know if Bennett is Jeff Bennett. I know Bennett Marine is based in Florida.
Just a stupid thought, are you sure you have enough ATF in the pump?

GlastronGuy
08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
It's 3/4 of the way up the hash mark.

Danhercules
08-21-2003, 08:25 PM
One more note, I wired mine according to the instructions, I called Duane at HTP (?) and he helped me, it was wired wrong. Just thought I would throw that in,

GlastronGuy
08-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Tim Place said the solenoid is bad, :(
No diverter for Tower Park.