PDA

View Full Version : mounting accelarator pedal

donzi22
08-11-2003, 11:07 AM
What is the correct way to mount an accelarator pedal and floor mount place diverter handle. I mounted them both to the floor with screws as long as possible with out going through the floor at the start of the season and now they have both pulled loose and the holes are striped?

LaveyJet
08-11-2003, 11:46 AM
I was going to make some smart ass comment like "Guys from Utah will mount anything" but I wont

Duane HTP
08-11-2003, 01:57 PM
If it has a flase floor, you can use a molly type fastener. If it just has a stringer, I usually make an aluminum plate out of angle aluminum that bolts to the stringer. Then mount the acclelrator pedal, or Place Diverter handle to the part that stickes out.
[ August 11, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

PipesClean
08-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Take the screw holes all the way through the hull. Drill for the bolt that you are going to use (with a coutersunk head). Counter sink the bottom side. Go up through the hull from the bottom, with a little silicone around the head. Bolt from the top side!

squirt
08-11-2003, 10:33 PM
I just got done with this (for now) I have a false floor (just between the stringers)glassed in. My foot pedal has come loose 3 times, I checked the floor after the last time only to find the wood was rotten and thats why it wouldn't hold a screw. I used a 5" x 11" x 5/8" marine ply bevel cut and coated it with resin. After that I marked & drilled the holes for the foot pedal and installed some t-nuts to the back side of the ply. Then I glassed the ply to the existing floor where I wanted to mount the pedal. Last I marked the holes in the carpet and glued it back in place and sst allen bolted the pedal to the glassed in board. This is a really solid fix that will allow me the option to replace the floor on my own time table.
Good luck, Don
[ August 11, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: squirt ]

spectras only
08-12-2003, 12:18 AM
donzi22, if you have a false floor install a small round inspection cover close to where you want the acc pedal and lever, and thru bolt them .This way you can check for condensation buildup under the floor also .