PDA

View Full Version : Is it to loud for Whiskey Town Lake????

AJ
03-03-2003, 03:49 PM
We have reservations at Whiskey Town lake off HWY 299 for the 4th of July,,,Rumor has it you can get a ticket there for being to loud. Has anyone out there had any problems on this lake???? Please let us know anything you may know or have heard.
:confused: Thx,
AJ

Clown
03-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Is that Wiskey River! :confused:
They Run a Nitro Boat eek!
Yes it is loud :p

v-drive
03-03-2003, 06:06 PM
It has been a lot of years since I went there
but yeah I got the feeling that they kept a tight
rein on things. Great lake the kids had a ball and like I said that was a while ago.
:cool: v-drive

BK
03-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey AJ, you wont have any problems with noise as there are quite a few local jets that hang out there including myself (I only live 7 miles from the lake). They dont alow PWC and theres no drinking on Brandy Creek Beach but I think its allowed at Oak Bottom. Where you staying? I can tell you were the rope swings are and the best beach to hang out on is. If you need any more info let me know. :)

AJ
03-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey BK,
There was 6 of us with jet boats that were going to camp out at Oak bottom 4th july weekend,
we have heard rumors about loud boats. We have reservations next to the water. Is this a good spot and do we need to worry about getting a ticket for noise. After reading different posts it makes me wonder about the noise issue up there. We are all about having fun not out running the law.

Nstigator74
03-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Wiskeytown is a sail boat lake :p

AJ
03-03-2003, 08:55 PM
So where is everyone else going for the 4th..SO we can can make reservations :D

JEThro
03-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Everybody has there own opinions so here is mine. Whiskeytown used to have a problem with noise but no longer. The big problem at the lake now is drinking in public. It seems that the lake has become the "Hangout" for the local teens. The lake cops make more money busting people drinking in public and being stupid than us boaters being to loud. I'll bet that "BK" still races his boat against cars crossing the bridge. Jethro

BK
03-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Jethro's right about the teens hanging out but wrong about me racing cars across the bridge wink My boat is plenty loud and i've had no problems. Theres a beach at Oak Bottom thats roped of to keep boats out and theres no drinking in that aria, the camping aria on the water is nice and you can keep your boat in the water next to your camp sight. There some people from the Banderlog board going to Shasta 4th of July and possibly the weekend before. Shasta's a much better lake to hang out on for the weekend and theres lots of boat in camping as well as places to camp with reservations. If you need any info let me know and hopefully I can come out and hook up with you guys one day your out there.

Cas
03-05-2003, 09:24 AM
AJ:
So where is everyone else going for the 4th..SO we can can make reservations :D No plans for the 4th yet, we usually stay here in town to watch the fireworks. It's pretty cool as we are able to lay out in a field and have the fireworks go off over over heads.
AJ,
Have you seen the LBBA message board, chat room and interactive calendar yet? You can use the calendar to post what you may be doing or check out to see what other people are doing.
If you go to www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com) and click on the message board link, you'll find all the goodies.

AJ
03-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Hey everyone THANKS for the info. Hey Steve I will have to go check out the LBBA calendar. Seeya on the water somewhere.
Thx,
AJ