PDA

View Full Version : Carlson Boats......

AntRant
11-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Is anybody running a Carlson Boat? The ones before he joined up with Glastron. I would like to see some pics as the one from classicglastron.com are from the old catalogs and not that good.

pops1
11-08-2002, 10:01 AM
AntRant:
Is anybody running a Carlson Boat? The ones before he joined up with Glastron. I would like to see some pics as the one from classicglastron.com are from the old catalogs and not that good.If you are saying Glastron/Carlson This is not so-
Art Ran this company also in Anihiem Facility-
He was bought out by Genmar and Paid royalties for designs other then these boats. Art also has the Patient on Keel Tunnel assist. Art is now back in Garden Grove with his design studio. Art lost his Wife several years ago, entered into a agreement with Fountain on his 34'or 37'Cabin Cruser which ran in the 70 MPH range (full Head Shower State Room)the agreement did not work out for Art. He is Still one of the Primier Designers and I, as you, hope to see his name on Hulls again. Some Talks with Genmar (Glastron) have been going on. Hope this helps -Dave

Blown 472
11-08-2002, 10:15 AM
I have a 76 glastron carlson if it helps.

AntRant
11-08-2002, 12:38 PM
pops1, Thanks for that intresting info. How old is Art now? I was looking in seeing pics of the Carlsons from the 60's and if anybody was running one. I currently own a '78 Glastron/Carlson CVX 20

pops1
11-12-2002, 09:37 AM
AntRant:
pops1, Thanks for that intresting info. How old is Art now? I was looking in seeing pics of the Carlsons from the 60's and if anybody was running one. I currently own a '78 Glastron/Carlson CVX 20Art is late 60's "don't know- never asked" just like to talk concepts and designs with him. I have known art 40+ years. My brother & I raced for Allen Boat Co. A Wood 14foot 14in. freeboard hull with a Merc 58A motor (the biggest Merc. made then)anyone that would talk glass/resin to us was a big help then. Art is a Gentleman some conversations & discussions have gone on with Art,Ray @Torque Engineering and Aggressor Jets to do a Jet Drive unit using one of Arts Cabin Hulls with Torque Eng. V12 860-CI, 1150-HP, 1150 F/P/Torque Motor. This was one of the first consideration basis for Dual Drive or a 12" Impeller Pump. I hope some day all this comes together. Art & Ray are both at the top of the Game. Glastron is considering maybe doing a New Glasstron/Carlson hull.Lets Hope!-Dave

hoolign
11-12-2002, 09:56 AM
I have a glastron/carlson cv23 sport deluxe,the cuddy is good for 1 man 3 women...still tryin to convince the wife of that :D