PDA

View Full Version : Teak Swim Steps Needed

70weimans
02-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Does anybody know where I can get two small teak swim steps for the back of my jet boat? I have some steps on there now, but it looks like someone laid glass over plywood then painted the steps to match the boat. This boat is over 30 yeas old. The steps are looking nasty. Peeling etc.
The dimensions are about 12" deep X about 20" wide. The brackets are still good. I just need the steps or teak wood to make my own.
THanks. Jay If anyone has some It will be greatly appr. I have cash.

HOOTER SLED-
02-06-2003, 01:10 PM
If you got the tools, just make 'em bro. You'll appreciate your ride much better if you put some sweat into it. Teak may be a little pricey, but it will be a fun project. Good luck.

hack job
02-06-2003, 03:13 PM
ive got two
they are 28" wide
and 13 3/4 " deep
let me knwoif you are intrested

70weimans
02-06-2003, 03:48 PM
To Hooter sled and Hack Job,
Thanks for the reply guys. This is a great site. Iwas going to make my own if I found the wood.
Tyson, yours will probably work. I might have to cut them down a bit, but that would be ok. Do you have a photo? If so can you post it? Let me know how much. You are only a couple of hours from me, I can drive down and get them. I'm down that area every once in a while.
THanks. Jay

TRG
02-06-2003, 05:54 PM
i'm actually making a set pretty close to those dim. should have them out of the mold, ready to go in about a week or so... if your interested ....what color gel?

70weimans
02-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey toddnjuzz,
Thanks for the info. I was going to do plain teak, but if you made some I would be interested. I plan on painting my boat in the future. Not sure color. They would look good now probably in a burgandy or dark red. Thats what most of my hardware is.
let me know how much. Thanks. Jay I don't live tooo far from you either.

jim@pj
02-07-2003, 09:11 PM
I have a brand new set that have been hanging on the wall , in the shop, for years. These have stainless hardware and are top quality. I'm not sure of the size but I will check them in the morning. I will make you a super deal. If you are interested contact me on my web page. Good Luck. www.performancejet.com (http://www.performancejet.com) Jim

TRG
02-07-2003, 11:38 PM
go ahead and check w/ jim's $,... i'll be on cyclones re-gel for about a couple more wks before i get back on the swim steps. keep in touch though thanks ,Todd.

70weimans
02-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Jim@pj,
Jim I'am interested in your steps. I can't get to your web site www.performancejet.com (http://www.performancejet.com)
I tried twice my response is that I might have the wrong address, I get 0 sites found.
Any suggestions? Am I typing it in wrong?
Thanks. Jay 70Weimans

spectratoad
02-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I made my swim step across the back. About 72" x 14". they are not too hard to do.

SoCalPower
02-12-2003, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 70weimans:
[QB] Does anybody know where I can get two small teak swim steps for the back of my jet boat? I have some steps on there now, but it looks like someone laid glass over plywood then painted the steps to match the boat. This boat is over 30 yeas old. The steps are looking nasty. Peeling etc.
The dimensions are about 12" deep X about 20" wide. The brackets are still good. I just need the steps or teak wood to make my own.
70W,
12" x 17" are $55.00 each, let me know if that size will work or I can quote custom size (12" x 20") if you like.
db