PDA

View Full Version : jet driveline

tahitijet
06-11-2003, 08:32 PM
My boat came with an olds I have since switched over to a BBC. I have the old driveline for the olds that looks like a big double u-joint deal (h-bar?)
My question is can i buy just the part that fits the motor to put on this setup for BBC or do I need a new one?
thanks

Rexone
06-11-2003, 08:43 PM
If the bolt pattern on your driveline is a spicer bolt pattern (4-bolt) that bolted onto a seperate adapter on the olds then you can get a chevy adapter and use the same driveline.
On the other hand if it bolted directly to the Olds flywheel pattern, you're outta luck. There were many variations of Olds drivelines as well.
Here is a link (http://www.rexmar.com/page311.html) to our driveline page. Notice about mid page it gives you the center to center measurements of the 2 common spicer bolt patterns. That may help you determine what you have. If you need help just give a hollar. :)

Chris J
06-12-2003, 07:10 AM
This winter I plan on putting my BBC from my old boat into a boat I bought that had an Olds. I'm going to take the front yoke off my old drive shaft and install it on the H-Bar that came with the boat, both U-joints are the same size. Most Hi Pro drive lines run a 1350 yoke. There are 3 different U-joints that cover about 95% of all applications, If needed you can get a combo u-joint.

Licketty Split
06-12-2003, 08:42 AM
You might want to rethink changing the olds out. My project will be useing a brand new olds head I think you might want to check it out.
http://www.rocketracingperformance.com/

victorfb
06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
how much are the olds heads going for? so far all ive found were edelbrocks heads in aluminium.

Sleek-Jet
06-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Will those heads work with off the shelf intake manifold, or are we going to have to buy thiers??

Omega21
06-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Tahitijet, check your PM's. We might be able to help each other out :-)
Todd

tahitijet
06-17-2003, 08:57 PM
rexone check your PM's

Eric455
06-17-2003, 10:34 PM
the bolts that u use to attatch the divlin to the PTO. make sure you use grade (8) bolts. much stronger and reliable. the ones that come with it are grade 5 i thnk "not good" you can pick them at a local hardware store.
eric