PDA

View Full Version : ANY BODIE KNOW WHAT HULL THIS IS?

homeblt86jet
08-31-2002, 04:26 PM
I BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND HAVE NO IDEA IF IT IS A SANGER JET. THE BOAT WAS TITLED HOMEBUILT '86. ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE.THANKS, HOMEBLT86JET.
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST A PIC.HERE BUT I DO HAVE 4PICS IN READERS RIDES,JET BOATS.THE RED ONE WITHOUT A MOTOR. BUILDING A NEW ONE

Jungle Boy
08-31-2002, 04:32 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/my_boat_003.JPG
Here's a photo of your boat.

homeblt86jet
08-31-2002, 04:37 PM
THANKS A MILLION.I COULD'NT FIGURE IT OUT.HOW DID YOU DO IT? SO I KNOW IN THE FUTURE.

Jungle Boy
08-31-2002, 04:59 PM
homeblt86jet:
THANKS A MILLION.I COULD'NT FIGURE IT OUT.HOW DID YOU DO IT? SO I KNOW IN THE FUTURE.There is a thread just above this one that is all about this. But,,,,go to readers rides, left click on your photo, right click after it has enlarged, highlight properties and copy. Come back to this or what ever thread you choose to post it on. Open your comments and right click and paste. Before you send it you must add on the start of it and to the end of it. No spaces. I feel like an asshole telling you this, because it took me about a year to do it and now I feel like a know it all, but I only got the hang of it a week ago with the help of some very good regulars on this board. Any questions, ask "hotgm"!!!! Sorry but you got me going!!!

BigDaddy
08-31-2002, 05:25 PM
homeblt86jet:
THANKS A MILLION.I COULD'NT FIGURE IT OUT.HOW DID YOU DO IT? SO I KNOW IN THE FUTURE.You will forgett how to do it and ask me
and who cares what Kind it is it wont ever see the water again untill you get off your ass and put a junk yard motor in it and bring it to the lake. hahahahaha
Hey Congrats on the new Baby
it looks like a GayBoy Hull hahahah
hey J/K
[ September 04, 2002, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddy ]

lakesmodified
08-31-2002, 05:59 PM
homeblt86jet:
I BOUGHT THIS BOAT AND HAVE NO IDEA IF IT IS A SANGER JET. THE BOAT WAS TITLED HOMEBUILT '86. ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE.THANKS, HOMEBLT86JET.
I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST A PIC.HERE BUT I DO HAVE 4PICS IN READERS RIDES,JET BOATS.THE RED ONE WITHOUT A MOTOR. BUILDING A NEW ONELooks great... But I don't know what it is either..

DEL51
08-31-2002, 09:51 PM
The back side is similar to a sanger super jet. The double concave taper looks the same but I don't know about the rest of the hull. Can you post more pictures including the underside?

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 12:49 PM
I have more pics in readers rides (jet boats)

hoolign
09-01-2002, 01:10 PM
Nice lookin boat,wish I could help you,what are you doing for power,not a junk yard mill I hope!if it is a home built job,someone did a nice job,
there's enough people on this forumn who"do care"
and will help if they can!with just about,if not anything,good luck.

Jungle Boy
09-01-2002, 01:37 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/my_boat_004.JPG
One more for you.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/my_boat_002.JPG
[ September 01, 2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 02:00 PM
I AM BUILDING ANOTHER 460 RACE MOTOR.,.30 OVER BORE WITH SPEEDPRO RACE PISTONS,TOTALSEAL RINGS,EAGLE ESP RODS, COMP-CAM CROWER ROLLER ROCKERS,HAVE D3VA2A HEADS THAT HAVE BEEN WORKED OVER BY JOHNSON RACING HEADS.HAVE A WEIND TUNNEL RAM INTAKE WITH 2-4BARELS (600CFM EACH).I HAD THE BLOCK BORE .30 '68 MODEL.I ALSO HAD THE CYLENDERS "O-RINGED". MY OTHER MOTOR RAN WELL FOR 3 YEARS UNTIL A ROD CAME APART AND SCRAPPED MY WHOLE MOTOR.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 02:09 PM
P.S. THAT IS MY "SCRAPED" MOTOR UNDER THE BLUE TARP. APPREC.THE REPLY HOOLIGN.I WILL POST MORE PICS OF MY SCRAPPED MOTOR IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE A BLOWN UP FORD?

hoolign
09-01-2002, 02:17 PM
he he he ,i've seen my share of blown up thanx :D
<------------------ :rolleyes:

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 02:29 PM
I WAS GOING TO ASK ABOUT THAT PIC.....BUT I THOUGHT I BETTER LEAVE THAT ALONE..WHAT KIND OF BOAT IS THAT? OR WAS THAT?

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 02:32 PM
THANX AGAIN JUNGLE BOY

Clown
09-01-2002, 02:39 PM
"OH ya " I love it when a ford bites the dust!!
I work with nothing but ford freeks ,The job sucks but the benefits are good! Dont have any idea on the boat . But 86 homebuilt to me sounds like it was hot at one time . I work on alot of offshore boats and the manfactures sometimes glass a piece of paper in the engine compartment with the specs and vin# try looking their. It might have been painted over so look for a high spot in the glass . Other than that you have a really good looking homebuilt boot . And lets see those pic of the FORD motor . hope your going to a chevy this time!!!!!!!!!

hoolign
09-01-2002, 02:41 PM
ahhhh, what it was, a 72 omega bandito,18' with a new 468,

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 03:09 PM
WELL I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER THE BACK AND ALL IT HAS IS A METAL "ALLUM."TAG .AND A FRIEND OF MINE"BRAZOSJETIN" LOOKED IT UP ON THE US COAST GUARD TO SEE. AND ALL IT CAME UP WITH WAS ('86 HOMEBUILT)
I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET THESE PICS ON HERE.IF NOT THEY WILL BE AT THE SAME PLACE READERS RIDES JET BOATS.I ONLY HAVE ONE OF THE BLOCK AND A PIECE OF MY CAM........TILL I GET MY SCANER.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 03:34 PM
HEY HOOLIGN, I LIKE THE CAPTION ON THE BOTTOM." HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS" YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD ADITUDE ABOUGHT WHEN "SHIT HAPPENS"

hoolign
09-01-2002, 04:08 PM
actually i cut and pasted that from the Alberta
motor vehicles act,
bylaw# 0008756.08,stating,if one is to attempt stunts in any motorized vehicle
one must ensure co-passengers are in complete control of drivers beverages! :D

Jungle Boy
09-01-2002, 04:17 PM
hoolign:
actually i cut and pasted that from the Alberta
motor vehicles act,
bylaw# 0008756.08,stating,if one is to attempt stunts in any motorized vehicle
one must ensure co-passengers are in complete control of drivers beverages! :D Your a funny guy with lots of knowledge of the motor vehicle act. We really need to have a beer and a puff. :cool:

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 04:31 PM
SOUNDS GOOD, I AM HAVING A BEER RIGHT NOW AND LATER A PUFF. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.I DONT KNOW IF YOU LOOKED AT THE PICS OF MY MOTOR OR NOT,BUT I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THEM HERE. MAYBE OPER. EROR

hoolign
09-01-2002, 04:49 PM
heres one for you
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/more_boat_pics_011.JPG

hoolign
09-01-2002, 04:50 PM
jungle
anytime were both in town!

Jungle Boy
09-01-2002, 04:56 PM
homeblt86jet:
SOUNDS GOOD, I AM HAVING A BEER RIGHT NOW AND LATER A PUFF. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.I DONT KNOW IF YOU LOOKED AT THE PICS OF MY MOTOR OR NOT,BUT I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THEM HERE. MAYBE OPER. ERORhttp://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/more_boat_pics_012.JPG
Go to your photo, left click to enlarge, right click to view properties, left click and drag to
highlight the address and right click to copy, click on OK, go back to your forum to post in, open a reply, right click and paste, add before and after the address. make comments or just send reply. Try it and see what happens. I went on memory, it is not that good.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 04:58 PM
WELL I THINK THAT WE LIVE TO FAR APART TO HAVE A CASUAL "GET TOGETHER". I DONT TRAVEL MUCH BUT I DO GO TO THE BRAZOS ABOUT 2-3 TIMES A YEAR. I LIKE THE RIVER ALOT BETTER THAN LAKES. MY BOAT DOSNT LIKE ROUGH WATER.SOME TIMES I GO TO BROKEN BOW OK. REAL PREATY LAKE.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 05:34 PM
I TRIED AND MY PASTE WONT WORK...DAMNIT! I EVEN WROTE DOWN EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE I WAS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT......AND STILL NOTHING. MAYBE I WILL FIGURE IT OUT ONE OF THESE DAYS..THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THOUGH. AND MAYBE SOMEONE CAN "NAME THAT HULL" :confused: :D eek! :cool:

hoolign
09-01-2002, 06:04 PM
homeblt86jet
click on this link and scroll down to diplaying images,read,have a hoot, and practice :D
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=ubb_code_page

1tricky1
09-01-2002, 06:15 PM
That's a Sanger Super Jet if I ever saw one. The lines, the top, the bottom are identical! My brother has a 75 and I know it very well. Someone must have ground off the old hull # or did one hell of a splash. Nice looking ride....hope you get some good ponies in it!

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 06:22 PM
WORKING ON A MOTOR THAT IS ABOUT 600HP@5500 RPM THANKS FOR THE INFO.I SURE DO LIKE THE BOAT.I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A PLACE DIVERTER.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 06:37 PM
WELL STILL NOTHING MAYBE ITS MY PICS?

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:04 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT. I HAVE READ SEVERAL COMMENTS ABOUT A SANGER SUPER JET PORPOSEING OR HOW EVER SPELLED. WHEN YOU USE A DROOP SNOOP AND RIDE PLATE I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL PEOPLE SAY IT IS A SANGER BUT I THOUGHT I THROW IT AT YOU ALL...TO GET A MORE PRO. OPINION....
THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO MY INQ.AND TO HOOLIGN DRINK ONE FOR ME AND I WILL DRINK ONE FOR YOU.....AND A LITTLE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

hoolign
09-01-2002, 07:09 PM
let me give this a go.
first go to media center,find the pic you want to post,left click on it to make it a big pic,now right click on the pic,choose properties,now where it says url,put your curser on the description,keep the left button on your mouse held down drag the curser over the caption,once the whole url is highlighted,right click and choose copy,
now go to this formum hit post reply now in the message box right click paste,at the very beggining of what you just pasted put at the very end put once youve done that hit preview post to see if it worked then add a message either above or below what you have just done

HammerDown
09-01-2002, 07:35 PM
My bud just bought a 1975 Sanger Super Jet...it looks just like the one above...except the transom adapter is some what different. The boat is a rocket!

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:35 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/more_boat_pics_014.JPGTHANKS A LLLOOOTTTTTT.I COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:38 PM
THE BOAT DOES LAUNCH OUT OF THE HOLE....WELL DID TILL I BLEW THE MOTOR..... WHAT DO YOU MEAN TRANSOME ADD.?

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:45 PM
HEY HOOLIGN I DID IT. WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG WAS NOT HIGHLIGHTING THE URL. THANKS A MIL.BY THE WAY..... DID YOU HAVE A FIRE EXT.?

XClutchboy725
09-01-2002, 07:46 PM
..... WHAT DO YOU MEAN TRANSOME ADD.? ?????????????????????????????????????????

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:50 PM
BIG DADDY HAS A PIC OF MY BOAT BEFORE I BLEW IT IN BIG DADDY "SEARCH" MEMORIAL DAY PICS ITS NOT A REAL GOOD ONE BUT YOU CAN SEE WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE WET AND WITH A MOTOR IN IT

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 07:54 PM
XClutchboy725:
..... WHAT DO YOU MEAN TRANSOME ADD.? ?????????????????????????????????????????THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT.....WHAT IS A TRANSOME ADDAPTER ON A JET BOAT? ALL I HAVE IS A BERKLEY 12JR W/RIDE PLATE AND DROOP SNOOP

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 08:03 PM
http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data2/006/50/25/11/EB/8yPlADVcBDAZXoYm9zAELHi5FWca5qlE0180.jpg

HammerDown
09-01-2002, 08:09 PM
The rectangle piece that bolts to the (transom), rear of the boat is your Transom adapter, it makes the transition (seal) from the pump bowl to the rear of the boat...now the differance in my friends adapter is that its a (round) ring...and also the back of the boat is raised (molded) to match the transom ring! Other than that the hull is the same...but he's has no rub rail.

Oldsquirt
09-01-2002, 08:11 PM
The black rectangular casting that surrounds the bowl of the pump and is screwed to the transom, is the "transom adapter".
In the picture below you will see the transom of the Sanger jets that I am familiar with. The transom has a shallow circular extension which surrounds the bowl. This particular boat has a setback pump and therefore doesn't have the look of the stock Sanger, but it's the only pic I could find. The difference in the shape of transom is fairly obvious.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Mvc-023s.JPG
P.S. Homeblt, could you please lose the caps? It equals yelling and is also kind of a pain to read. Thanks. :)

HammerDown
09-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Yep thats what I'm talking about...but that's a setback pump... thats a one good looking Jet Boat!

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 08:38 PM
OK I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. MINE IS A BERKLEY.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS TRYING TO LEARN SOME STUFF AT THE SAME TIME.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Sorry again i typed this and posted before I read it, and noticed i had caps lock on.sorry again :rolleyes:

Oldsquirt
09-01-2002, 08:46 PM
As I stared at, and drooled over, the pic of the Sanger above, I noticed another difference. The Sanger's gunnels drop down from the deck to just about even with the driver's seat where they rise up and follow to the rear. The red boat's gunnels are straight from deck to the rear.
There are a couple of brothers(72Superlite and Riptide) who post on the V-drive forum whose father was a Sanger dealer. They have lots of old sales brochures and may be able to help verify whether this hull is, or isn't, a Sanger.
For the record, there was a lot of "splashing"(copying) of hulls going on in the 70's and 80's. This could be a copy with just the requisite number of changes to keep the builder out of trouble.

homeblt86jet
09-01-2002, 08:51 PM
That's a beautiful boat very clean.... I was thinking about geting rid of the bump guardson my boat.

Clown
09-02-2002, 10:52 AM
Guess your not going to a chevy!!
But you can build a radical big block chevy for the Same price of that little ford pooch !

homeblt86jet
09-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Well i could build a chevy, but i allready have most of the ford stuff. I would also need new motor adapter plates...... I am a chevy man but allreadyhad every thing for a ford....... one day i will have a chevy (502) but not any time soon. I just want to get back on the water right now.. if you know what I mean. :cool:

BigDaddy
09-04-2002, 09:36 PM
homeblt86jet:
Well i could build a chevy, but i allready have most of the ford stuff. I would also need new motor adapter plates...... I am a chevy man but allreadyhad every thing for a ford....... one day i will have a chevy (502) but not any time soon. I just want to get back on the water right now.. if you know what I mean. :cool: TO HOOLIGN DRINK ONE FOR ME AND I WILL DRINK ONE FOR YOU.....AND A LITTLE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Yall drink some more BEER and Maybe it will look like a Chevy
or better yet bring it to the lake and I can Tow your ass around the lake and we can use it for a DinGy hahahaha
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/cwm/cwm/piss2.gifFord

hoolign
09-05-2002, 07:16 AM
why ya baggin on his ride? ohhh nevermind...lots of time on your hands since filming for austin powers is over.... hows that go? I want my baby back,baby back, baby back,... ribs :p
don't you run an olds? hell i wouldnt be baggin on the fords runnin that!
[ September 05, 2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

BigDaddy
09-05-2002, 02:46 PM
hoolign:
why ya baggin on his ride? ohhh nevermind...lots of time on your hands since filming for austin powers is over.... hows that go? I want my baby back,baby back, baby back,... ribs :p
don't you run an olds? hell i wouldnt be baggin on the fords runnin that!Give me The BABBY.
and hell Yeh I run an Olds and he needs to be Raged on so he will get his Bucket of Bolts back in the water and come go Jetten with us instead of riden with everyone.
he is a friend of mine by the way HOOLIGIN and I take all yall crap all the time weather i ask for it or not not that you have given me any and it dont matter I think it is funny.
Hell Now I got to get me some RIBS Thanks for the Idea some BABYBABYBABY back RIBBBBS.
Are you trying to say I am Fat HOOLIGIN??
I dont give a **** or didnt you Know that Yet
hell it took ya long enough to Notice.
and By the way I sure can Tear Up a Mess of RIBS!!!or some big PHAT BREAST!!!
http://pstr-m05.ygpweb.aol.com/data/00A/15/BD/B7/DE/Tv6KlUrUCIjySOHvOn4IeD3plOMeaZ1e00A0.jpg
Have a Nice Day HOOLIGIN I am

homeblt86jet
09-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey big daddy, i hope that you are getting a good laugh. :rolleyes: I think that you are just jealous because you know that my ford will spank that oldsmobubble thing that you call a "ford burner". :D :D :D :D :D

homeblt86jet
09-06-2002, 07:00 PM
by the way that would be a better pic if her breast werent so mammoth dud that is sick.....who in there right mind would have tits that size??????????way to ****ing big to do any good.... I mean how would you f--k something like that if you were on top? her tits or i should say....one tit is even bigger than your head...talk about sufacation... eek! :( :) :cool: :rolleyes: eek!

homeblt86jet
09-08-2002, 10:47 AM
thanks to jeff for sending me a sanger pic of the origional sanger super jet..... that is exactly what my boat is... thanks for all your help......homeblt86jet.

homeblt86jet
09-08-2002, 11:01 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/my_boat_0041.JPG

homeblt86jet
09-08-2002, 11:03 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/sanger_superjet.JPG

homeblt86jet
09-10-2002, 10:49 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/180516l.JPG

homeblt86jet
09-16-2002, 10:56 AM