PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE WEAR RING

IBEDAM4
05-20-2003, 01:03 PM
Has anyone out there every used the ultimate wear ring available from HI-TECH. It sort of looks like plastic and does not use a insulator. I've never used one before......just looking for some input.
THANKS
BILL.........IBEDAM4

mud duck
05-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, they work great!

sidewound
05-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Got one in my pump. Have Duane explain the theory to ya. Interesting shit.
Peace Man
CESAR

Frosty_pop
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM
I have been trying to get some info on these things for some time now..... why can't anyone answer my questions?
1) What is this?
2) Why is it so different?
3) Are they made for Jacuzzi Pumps?

PLACECRAFT20
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
I AM NOT KNOCKING THE PRODUCT BUT, (DO NOT START THE ENGINE AND PUMP DRY WITH IT INSTALLED) A BUDDY PURCHASED A BOAT WITH ONE. THE ORIGINAL OWNER SAID DUANE DID THE WORK ON THE PUMP. THIS WAS GREAT! WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WAS THAT THE PLASTIC RING WAS INSTALLED.WHEN STARTED DRY THE RING MELTED INTO THE THE WATER INTAKE IN THE PUMP FOR THE MOTOR. THIS WAS HIS FIRST JET AND HE DID NOT KNOW BETTER. THIS LED TO NO WATER IN THE MOTOR ON THE LAKE AND A BLOWN MOTOR. HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIS TEMP GUAGE!!! ANY WAY THIS IS NOT DUANES FAULT! JUST BE CAREFULL!!

GlastronGuy
05-20-2003, 07:14 PM
PLACECRAFT20:
I AM NOT KNOCKING THE PRODUCT BUT, (DO NOT START THE ENGINE AND PUMP DRY WITH IT INSTALLED) A BUDDY PURCHASED A BOAT WITH ONE. THE ORIGINAL OWNER SAID DUANE DID THE WORK ON THE PUMP. THIS WAS GREAT! WHAT HE DID NOT SAY WAS THAT THE PLASTIC RING WAS INSTALLED.WHEN STARTED DRY THE RING MELTED INTO THE THE WATER INTAKE IN THE PUMP FOR THE MOTOR. THIS WAS HIS FIRST JET AND HE DID NOT KNOW BETTER. THIS LED TO NO WATER IN THE MOTOR ON THE LAKE AND A BLOWN MOTOR. HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIS TEMP GUAGE!!! ANY WAY THIS IS NOT DUANES FAULT! JUST BE CAREFULL!! http://www.foxpop.ndirect.co.uk/Compaq/images/8000/Aero807.jpg

Duane HTP
05-20-2003, 08:16 PM
The ULTIMATE wear rings are not plastic or nylon. They are made of a substance that we have a patent on just like the ring itself. The wear rings are very expensive to make and there has not been enough demand to warrant producing them for a Jacuzzi at this point. Why and how they work so well would take several pages for one to try to explain. Give me a call, 316-794-8616, I'll explain and answer any and all of your questions in detail. Thanks!

Wet Dream
05-20-2003, 09:30 PM
PLACECRAFT20:
I THIS LED TO NO WATER IN THE MOTOR ON THE LAKE AND A BLOWN MOTOR. HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIS TEMP GUAGE!!! ANY WAY THIS IS NOT DUANES FAULT! JUST BE CAREFULL!! Unfortunately, if there is no water in the engine, the temp sender can't an accurate reading. By the time the vapor inside reached measurable temperatures, the motor would have been toasted anyway.