PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Run Aggressor Inpellers & Ultimate Wear Ring?

FoMoCo
02-27-2003, 07:48 PM
Does anyone run Aggressor Bronze Impellers? I just bought a Aggressor B bronze and I was curous what RPM you guys are runnin with them? Also is anyone runnin the Ulitmate Wear ring with :D them? Any luck with this Combo?

jim@pj
02-27-2003, 08:28 PM
FoMoCo I used both many times and they work well just make sure that you set up the proper clearances. Jim www.performancejet.com (http://www.performancejet.com)

sanger mike
02-28-2003, 09:14 AM
hey fomoco. I run the aggressor A bronze impeller with the leagend stainless wear ring and im happy with it. i ran out side and took this pic for you while my bowl is down at mpd. http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/115impeller-med.JPG :D :D :D

Taylorman
02-28-2003, 09:20 AM
What would you say is the proper clearances? Also, I am about to buy a new wear ring for my aggressor impeller. After I measure the impeller, how do i know what size wear ring to buy?

MAXIMUS
02-28-2003, 10:24 AM
FoMoCo:
Does anyone run Aggressor Bronze Impellers? I just bought a Aggressor B bronze and I was curous what RPM you guys are runnin with them? Also is anyone runnin the Ulitmate Wear ring with :D them? Any luck with this Combo? FOMOCO I have run a "B" magbronze agressor at 7000 rpm. I am goin to call dave next week to see about getting a double A for cruising & economy...
[ February 28, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

FoMoCo
02-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks Sanger Mike for the pics. looks like the one I just got!
MAXIMUS: What Kind of Horsepower are you runnin and what jind of hull? I am shootin for 600 HP and hoping to turn the Aggressor B to around 5600 rpms or a little higher!

wideopen545
02-28-2003, 05:35 PM
iam running a Aggressor Bronze Impeller a cut with a blown bbc and turning it 6500 rpm in a youngblood 19 ft picklefork works fine

jim@pj
02-28-2003, 07:01 PM
FoMoCo... Your Aggressor impeller will have a wear ring dia. of 7.225. A standard wear ring should be 7.250 in the case. That will give you an overall radial clearance of .025, which is good. You may have to install the impeller with shims to get your axial clearance properly set, don't go any tighter than .025. If your impeller is worn you may have to go oversize on the wear ring. Next size over will be 7.245 or .005 over. Jim www.performancejet.com (http://www.performancejet.com)

ChetCapoli
02-28-2003, 07:07 PM
All this bronze impeller talk is making me want to go get some baby shoes....
Hey fomoco, i'm running an aluminum aggressor impeller with the ulitmate wear ring 5500rpm/700hp. As far as good luck...not the way HBjet looks at it. :D
CHET
[ February 28, 2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

jweeks123
02-28-2003, 10:24 PM
iam running a Aggressor Bronze Impeller a cut with a blown bbc and turning it 6500 rpm in a youngblood 19 ft picklefork works fine
wideopen454, how much power does your motor make at 6500?
got any pix of a yb19 pickle?
jw

sanger mike
02-28-2003, 10:40 PM
hey fomoco. you will be happy with the aggressor parts and if you have any questions or problems with anything just give dave a call down at aggressor and he is always willing to help. I can't say enough about how well dave has helped me with my sanger. I'm turning my A impeller at 6400 and 74 mph on gps right now but im having a high speed loading problem. the problem is that sanger made several diferant intakes for the super jets. and it looks like mine is one of those that isn't worth a shit with a little hp added to it, so i'm going to take out the intake and cut a real shoe in to it so i can load the pump harder and lower the rpms down to the 5800 range. also hoping to pickup some mph. by the way i see you live up in the sac area. I just made a offer on a house in yuba city. I cant wait to get the hell out of the bay area. we were geting so tired of siting on the beach at camp far west and hearing from the locals how it only took them 30 minuets to get there eek! . or when we would drive for 2 or 3 houres in dumb ass traffic to ride motocross at marysville and the locals look at us like :p :p when they heard we drove up just to ride for 2 houres. well maybe we can meet over at camp far west after work during the week in the summer for some of that nice smooooooth water. :D :D http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/11514493503-4987-02280161-.jpg

Mohavekid
03-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Sangermike,
That's a sharp looking boat you have there.
I'm in Yuba City too, if your house deal works out send me a e-mail and maybe we can hook up this summer.

sanger mike
03-01-2003, 05:31 PM
hey mohavekid. sounds great the house we made an offer on is on the corner of peachtree and stabler we should be living there with in the next 90 days. we cant wait for this summer. just think we can run over to camp far west after work during the week, make a couple of passes, pull into the cove and have a barbaque. :D :D

MAXIMUS
03-01-2003, 10:01 PM
MAXIMUS: What Kind of Horsepower are you runnin and what jind of hull? I am shootin for 600 HP and hoping to turn the Aggressor B to around 5600 rpms or a little higher! [/QB][/QUOTE]
Fomoco I really don't know... I am running a chevy 540 with a blower & injection at 6 psi of boost so far. At 7000 it was making 7 psi of boost. 21' Daytona w/bimini top! :)