PDA

View Full Version : willow valley 2 sandbar

Floored
08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
made the run for the first time last sunday. left willow valley marina and water was still low at 3pm but cruised down to gorge and shut off and drifted for a while to kill a frosty root beer. cruised down to sand bar and parked for awhile. people were kinda friendly and watched the hotrodders doing there thing past the sandbar to be impressive. hung out for awhile & had lunch then took off for home. kicked it to about 3500 and just let it run on home and as I turned into willow valley marina it shut off. I thought this can't be good so I looked and my fuel filters were dry. Row row row my boat to ramp, no biggie, boats floatin,everyone is alive and we are home. Today I fill up the boat and danged thing only held 17.5 gallons. I always thought I had dual 12s or I would of stopped for gas at Moabi. all in all though a nice ride and beautiful sceniery through the Gorge. May go again this week, then its back to work :mad: after 2 months off.

Backtanner
08-21-2003, 04:17 AM
A gas gauge is a good thing. :)

bordsmnj
08-21-2003, 01:09 PM
i had a jet last summer and went through 2 and half 17.5 gal tanks doing that same run! considerate a good thing! :D now i go there at over 50mph and back on 10 gal.s :p

Floored
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
I could do it at 50 if I wanted my kidneys next to my ankles eek! and hit every available fuel stop. yuk oh yea 3 or 4 replacement olds motors cry

cyclone
08-21-2003, 01:44 PM
i ran through topoc for the first time at CBBB. man that's a beautiful area. I burned six gallons of gas from the AVI hotel to Topoc marina. but drag racing all the way back to the Avi burned up 10-gallons of fuel.