PDA

View Full Version : Bieser Boy

newbie Mike
09-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Wow this Biesemeyer project has been very confusing, but it is getting straightened out and I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and I don't believe it 's a train.
My question for the day is
eventurally the engine will be enclosed---approx next spring or early summer
the engine I am placing into service 460 ford is configured with
MSD distributor coil and box model 6A
carter off road carbutator
standard alternator
standard starter
8 quart off road oil pan
do you guys thing it is advisable to replace the above with Marine comparables
and replace the oil pan with a 10 quart racing pan with trap and windage tray or run it and replace them prior to enclosing the engine :confused:

1Bahnerjet
09-03-2003, 06:27 PM
If your goin' to Enclose that Engine, you Better have a Marine Carb. and a Blower (not that Type)
------
Thats BANNER with an H

H2OT PURSUIT
09-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Absolutely,Positively, without a doubt.
Marine Starter,Carb.,Alternator,Dist. and a blower, as mentioned to blow the fumes out of the engine compartment before starting the engine. If you think this is BS call the Coast Guard or the Power Squadron and ask them. Don't let some yahoo tell you otherwise. This is, of course, just my
not to dammed humble opinion.
[ September 03, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: H2OT PURSUIT ]

Jet City
09-06-2003, 11:34 AM
H2OT PURSUIT:
Absolutely,Positively, without a doubt.
Marine Starter,Carb.,Alternator,Dist. and a blower, as mentioned to blow the fumes out of the engine compartment before starting the engine. If you think this is BS call the Coast Guard or the Power Squadron and ask them. Don't let some yahoo tell you otherwise. This is, of course, just my
not to dammed humble opinion. Add to this, marine fuel pump, marine fuel lines and carb flame arrester with return line fitting (fuel pump purge). I have all this for my enclosed engine but run a standard 800 DP Holley with the "J" vent tubes, which I feel is fine. If your into Carter AFB's, Edelbrock makes a 750 marine AFB which Summit sells for around $260.

Old Guy
09-06-2003, 07:22 PM
It was wise of you to ask. It would be even wiser to implement the suggestions offered. Some folks who ignore this stuff, realize for a brief instant that you don't always get a second chance.