PDA

View Full Version : Headers

BrendellaJet
08-19-2002, 10:40 AM
I have been reading about everyone having problems with their headers blueing, and was curious to see if anyone has tried the ceramic Hi performance coatings, I know they work great under the hood, any body ever have this done to their pipes?

Hotcrusader76
08-19-2002, 10:45 AM
BrendellaJet:
I have been reading about everyone having problems with their headers blueing, and was curious to see if anyone has tried the ceramic Hi performance coatings, I know they work great under the hood, any body ever have this done to their pipes?I am sending mine into Jethot in about a month or so. I have heard of them lowering temps and never corrodeing or blueing. Call them up and they will send you a promotion package and video. Customer service alone sold me!

burbanite
08-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Mine have been ceramic coated for several years and it does lower the temp, you will still get burned but to a lesser degree wink
I run my headers dry and the coating is flaking of in places close to the heads. Unless the person applying the coating gets into all of the nooks and crannies rust will develop over time, especially around the collector.
I still think it is a good thing although chromed headers that turn blue look fine in my opinion.

Wet Dream
08-19-2002, 06:56 PM
burbanite
although chromed headers that turn blue look fine in my opinionI like your thinking... :D

jim lee
08-21-2002, 09:33 PM
I've been working on a controller for header water. If you need to run water in your headers and your worried about getting water in your engine.. You might want to look into trying this..
The link is on this thread : Water Injection valve thread (http://www.banderlog.com/cgi-bin/banderlog/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=1383&forum=DCForumID1)
-jim lee