PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a JET?

Tee
01-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Don't know much about them. Always had I/O's
Its a 78 Crusader Tunnel V with a berkley. I essentually purchased it for the motor. I will probably part it out. Or maybe put a small block in it and sell it as a budget runner. What do you think the Hull, Berkley and Trailer might be worth?
Has a bunch of Polished pump parts and a set of Basset over transom headers I will be selling also.
Laters ------- Tee

Backtanner
01-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Why in the hell would you want to go back to a prop?!! Kinda like graduating college then going to GED classes. :D

cal***boat
01-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Tee, Post some pictures of the boat, That will give everyone a better idea of what your selling.

JetBoatRich
01-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Need the pictures!

Tee
01-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Don't have a digital.
I will see if I can borrow one and get some pics up.
Thanks guys -------- Tee

Froggystyle
01-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Not to get too far into it, but that is one hell of a fast hull. Part it out if you want, but you are down on someones dream boat.
I'll take the Pepsi challenge any day of the week with a Crusader tunnel hull jet with a nice hot big block over ANY I/O in the quarter.
If you are scared of accelleration and performance, I could see getting rid of it and going back to an I/O, but I can't think of any other good reason! wink
Keep it together, it is a hell of a rig in my opinion if it is nice.

Johnwithjm
01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Froggy is right it is a great hull. I have one and run it at the races. That hull runs very well with with Big Block power. It is also a very safe hull.

MJS
01-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Can anyone post some pic` of this hull? I`m interested in Hull`s with everything but motors. Trying to get more HOT BOATS on the Lake`s around my area.
JUST DOLLARS NO CENTS

GlastronGuy
01-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Is this it?
http://www.dragboats.com/classified/images/saindon_rich.jpg

HavasuBarney
01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Johnwithjm:
Froggy is right it is a great hull. I have one and run it at the races. That hull runs very well with with Big Block power. It is also a very safe hull. John meant to say that it's plenty safe for the driver. Enviromentally speaking, that gas guzzling, oil puking, hot tub car boat might very well be responsible for several new entries on The Endangered Species List. I recently heard they have changed the name of Lost Lake to Lost Habitat because of that very boat! eek! :D :D
http://www.havasubarney.com/AdminSite/ImageUploads/med_BP_4_18_2002_91846_PM.jpg

Tee
01-18-2003, 06:44 PM
That pic Barney posted is pretty close to what is in my driveway, Tandom trailer and all. Only the one I have is Black with Yellow, Blue and Red graphics.
I have no question that it is a great hull. And it is a really cool looking boat. There are a few minor stress cracks just forward of the drivers seat and a couple up in the very front of the deck. In very damn good shape for a 25 year old boat, no doubt about that.
You guys keep it up and I will keep it and someone that has dreamed of owning one of these will miss out on an oportunity to pick one up for a great deal (less motor) The motor is going in my 22 Sport Cat no matter what. :cool:
P.S. Barney, I think what you are describing is a BLUE SMOKE puking weed eater!? Not a finely tuned RAT.
[ January 18, 2003, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Tee ]

Johnwithjm
01-18-2003, 07:22 PM
HavasuBarney:
Johnwithjm:
Froggy is right it is a great hull. I have one and run it at the races. That hull runs very well with with Big Block power. It is also a very safe hull. John meant to say that it's plenty safe for the driver. Enviromentally speaking, that gas guzzling, oil puking, hot tub car boat might very well be responsible for several new entries on The Endangered Species List. I recently heard they have changed the name of Lost Lake to Lost Habitat because of that very boat! eek! :D :D
http://www.havasubarney.com/AdminSite/ImageUploads/med_BP_4_18_2002_91846_PM.jpg Thanks for posting the picture Barney. It does guzzl gas but the oil stays in the motor :D Tee how much does the bare hull weigh? Is it fiberglass or kevlar?

HavasuBarney
01-18-2003, 07:23 PM
That's a picture of JohnwithJM's boat.
Blue smoke puking weed eater... ? I'm hurt! wink :D

Tee
01-18-2003, 09:18 PM
John,
I have no idea what it might weigh? Coast Guard ID plate states 550lbs. max ?????
I am almost positive it is fiberglass though.
The hull ID number is #CXNS01270778 The S I am not positive of as it was written by hand with an engraver, could be a 5 maybe??????
Barney, If your hurt? I am flattered. As I have always believed. You can only be insulted by people you respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotcrusader76
01-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Power to the Crusaders! :D