PDA

View Full Version : Help - Whats Wrong with my setup?

Havasuhog
10-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Im kinda new to boating - So please help me.
I bought this wooden 26' boat for $5000.00 and it had a 200Hp outboard mounted through the middle of the boat. The previous owner stated that it would turn a lot harder and quicker and was real easy to dock since you could just do 360's without moving forward or backwards.
He mounted a set of billet handle bars and a twist grip throttle to control the steering and throttle. He also said it also would be faster on plane because it was already sitting level in the water before you accelerate. Does this sound right?
My buddy suggested that we could also add an older model jet drive cause they were made out of steel instead of aluminum. He said I could add as much horsepower as I wanted cause they were bulletproof.
I was thinking that was a pretty cool idea and I could just use the outboard for steering and mount the jet drive without the nozzle for forward power.
I noticed that without the nozzle the hole in the back of the bowl was much larger and would flow
alot more water through it.
Has anyone done this?
I haven't been able to locate a steel jet drive yet - Does anone have one?

Cs19
10-16-2003, 02:29 PM
LMAO

Jungle Boy
10-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Good acid is still available I see. :cool:

Bense468
10-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Shows how much Havasu Hog knows about jets wink wink
Shouldn't you be home getting ready for the river or is the wooden boat not ready yet

Havasuhog
10-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Bense468:
Shows how much Havasu Hog knows about jets wink wink
Shouldn't you be home getting ready for the river or is the wooden boat not ready yet Bense - Yep I'm gone - Havasu for run 4 the sun
and a cruise on glass water. To bad your not making it. I'll bring back some pics
Later

Havasuhog
10-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Jungle Boy:
Good acid is still available I see. :cool: It's gettin harder to find since they started that sealed battery s..t. My friends keep drinkin from my Die Hard!!!!

Havasuhog
10-16-2003, 05:15 PM
cs19:
LMAO CS - Get that Bad Ass eliminator on the water and I'll race ya!!!

Cs19
10-17-2003, 09:34 AM
You dont want a piece of this, old timer :D The second generation ***boaters have taken over and will be taking names next summer. :cool: Look for a few new jets to debut next spring on the lower colorado river area, if you have the balls come over on my side of the dam. LMAO j/k

Havasuhog
10-20-2003, 08:11 AM
LMAO - OK, I see how you guys (2nd generation) are afraid of the deep blue.
Your not sure if you can build a boat that will hold together - LOL
There may be snow on the roof - but there's still fire in the fireplace. Guess i'm gonna have to build another river runner and show ya whos the man!
When I smoke ya - you have to come up to gasoline alley.
the water not deep there - You won't need a life jacket.
We just got back from Havasu - awesome weather and I think
every tunnel that has ever been produced was out on the water
showin them "CAR Boys" some real horsepower!
:eek:

Bense468
10-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Havasuhog
There may be snow on the roof - but there's still fire in the fireplace. Guess i'm gonna have to build another river runner and show ya whos the man!
Lets do this.

Cs19
10-20-2003, 09:58 AM
Ya thats what it looks like, why dont you and jr. put a little something togethor for the river,My pops and i did alot of work on his boat togethor this summer,but its funny how he has not turned a wrench on my boat yet.. As far as the deep blue, ya i am a little scared of that place..i guess you have to be pretty old school to run a light layup out there..:D Time to pick up a boat trader,plenty of gullwings and placecrafts for sale right now.:D Show us how its done.