PDA

View Full Version : Far Out!!!!

AZKC
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
The motor runs, I took today off to fire it off and it runs pretty good. A few leaks and a P O S dist holddown which allowed the dist to walk and let off a big backfire at 2000rpm that killed the engine eek! I had a frigin heart attack but its all good.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/571_it_runs0003-med.jpg
Heres my hi-tech fuel system(still have 2 year old gas in the tanks, yuk) things a gas hog used almost a gallon of fuel breaking in the cam.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/571_it_runs0002-med.jpg
Jim@PerformanceJet hows my pump doin wink I'm about ready for a lake trip.
KC
[ April 14, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

Blown 472
04-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Cool, I was all stoked to get the boat back together and take it out on easter to seat everything and now there is talk of snow, kc, can I live in your garage??? :D

AZKC
04-14-2003, 12:46 PM
If I had one :D I'm a carport kinda guy goes good with my parts washer/spa.
KC

sidewound
04-14-2003, 02:30 PM
KC
I LIKE!! smile_sp
Purty!!! Mighty chromie! :D Where did you get leaks?
I'm going to go through the same procedure soon. Scary to think of the $$$$$ tied up in it and popping it off the first time.
Does your thermostat housing only have 1 cold water in fitting? Mine has two and I'm just curious.
Lookin good man. Keep us posted.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

AZKC
04-15-2003, 06:56 AM
sidewound:
KC
I LIKE!! smile_sp
Purty!!! Mighty chromie! :D Where did you get leaks?
I'm going to go through the same procedure soon. Scary to think of the $$$$$ tied up in it and popping it off the first time.
Does your thermostat housing only have 1 cold water in fitting? Mine has two and I'm just curious.
Lookin good man. Keep us posted.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR Most of the leaks were from not having the water hose clamps tight enough and the t-stat housing(which has 2 outlets by the way) is still leaking alittle haven't ck that yet. Carb leaked a little at the secondary float adjuster. Noticed a leak also on the exhaust hose at the log found that the clamp had broken.
KC