PDA

View Full Version : at the risk of getting roasted... or is that roosted?

naughtybynature
07-31-2002, 07:19 PM
ok here goes... i am looking in to buying a small jet boat like a seadoo, bayliner, regal etc. if anyone here has an opinion, please share. how are the rotax engines on fuel, reliability, maintenace etc. how are the mercruiser jet engines? is this a good idea? just want a little toy jet to take the family out for some fun on our small lake. really like the idea of no propellor for safety reasons, but don't need a big boat with an even bigger motor!
thanks for the input, ALL appreciated.

spectras only
07-31-2002, 07:32 PM
I would recommend the seadoo by bombardier.Rotax engines are quite reliable [ snowmobiles and ultralight aircrafts use them ].A friend had a searayder ,with flywheel/starter problems soon after the purchase.I think it had the mercruiser setup with the force engine, it used a lot of fuel too frown
[ July 31, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

HighRoller
07-31-2002, 08:39 PM
They kinda look like fun,but they are gas hogs like you wouldn't believe!!!Even the small ones have to have 40 gallon fuel tanks to make it half the day because you are at full throttle most the time.Just so you know.

naughtybynature
07-31-2002, 09:04 PM
thanks high roller. funny you say that cause most people i have talked to say the same thing. i don't mind payin for fun... as long as it's fun.

superdave013
07-31-2002, 09:24 PM
HighRoller:
They kinda look like fun,but they are gas hogs like you wouldn't believe!!!Even the small ones have to have 40 gallon fuel tanks to make it half the day because you are at full throttle most the time.Just so you know.Your sig is great! And no, I don't want the money :D

naughtybynature
07-31-2002, 09:55 PM
thanks dave... your praise is really "super"

HM
07-31-2002, 10:56 PM
I think Sea Doo boats are like fat chicks - they are both fun to ride until your friends see you on one!
Also, aren't they like $15,000 +? That is a lot of money to spend on an oversized jet ski! :D
[ July 31, 2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: HolyMoly ]