PDA

View Full Version : first time out

78 Sprint
06-17-2003, 09:32 AM
I have some questions maybe you guys can help me with. First may fuel gauges don't seem to work until i get moving and then they bounce back and forth. heres some info i noticed that the solenoid that you switch the tanks with is broke so they put a tee in there to draw out of both tanks at the same time would that have anything to do with it. The switch to switch tank is still all hooked up but the wires to the solenoid are not. more questions 79 eliminator berk jg ls7 i am running logs with OT pipes would i gain much with a set of headers. the boat runs great just a thought and how much louder would it be. One more does any one know where i can locate some good quality rub rail i live in wyoming any help would be appreciated thanks

skeepwerkzaz
06-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Welcome!
The gauge thing, sounds to me like an intermittant ground, bad connection etc. It may be easy, or very hard to track down. The fuel system will never properly feed from both tanks at the same time, one will always draw first. Either fix the electro mechanical one, or go and buy a three way "T" brass valve and have a manual one. The logs with OT pipes thing is a power loser. Big Time. Get yourself a set of water cooled OT headers and you won't believe the difference. Big block chevys are very responsive to exhaust modifications. They sound cool too. (chicks dig 'em :D ) As far as the rub rail, I know some local places here in PHX that stock it, but I am sure that you could mail-order it through Rexmarine.http://www.rexmar.com/
Hope this helps
Clay
[ June 17, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

78 Sprint
06-18-2003, 08:14 AM
well thanks for the info on the gauges, i'll have to see if i can track down the bad ground wire on the gauges. I found out the hard way that it won't draw gas evenly out of both tank, came home from the lake last night backed the boat up my driveway left it there till morning, came out the next morning and one tank was still full, gas running down the side of my boat, i guess i'll learn the next time. I think i'll get me a manul switch for now until i can locate one of those electric solenoids, heard some bad stories about headers and filling your engine with water, seems like those logs warm up the water before it enters your engine, I guess with headers you would have to go with a thermostat, sounds like something i can do this winter. thanks for all the help...

skeepwerkzaz
06-18-2003, 09:14 AM
No problem....The headers shouldn't fill your engine up with water unless they are set-up improperly. There is a special valve ($80) that regulates the water flow into the header injectors.
Thanks,
Clay