PDA

View Full Version : have a used G bowl you want to sell?

Jake W
01-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Does any one have a good G bowl they want to sell?Thanks Jake

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Jake W:
Does any one have a good G bowl they want to sell?Thanks Jake Check hi-techperformance.com
Duane has a used on in the traders corner for sale.

BK
01-07-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey Jake, you might also try Jim Brock at (818)890-1867, he has alot of parts.

caution 2
01-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Jake , yes i have one give me a call, Jim Brock (818)890-1867

Jake W
01-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Thanks Jim I will be calling you.The one that Duane has I think is a B bowl if you look at it close the veins are curved at the tail?But I could be wrong.Thanks Jake

ChetCapoli
01-10-2003, 03:54 PM
better get some glasses jake.
CHET

HBjet
01-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Jake W:
if you look at it close the veins are curved at the tail?They probably are more curved at the end of the bowl because a JB is shorter then a JG. That's why a JG's exiting veins look straighter....because they are longer, giving the exiting water a straighter flow which is more desired.
HBjet

Jake W
01-10-2003, 04:02 PM
So are you saying it is a G bowl?it sure does not look like one.Jake(but I could be wrong)

BowTie Rick
01-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I heard getting a JC cut is the best way to go... True or false? If it is better, who does it near 909 and how much does it run? I want to get a droop on my Ultra, runs way too wet. Yes I am sure it has hook but that is big $ and time.

HBjet
01-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Jake W:
So are you saying it is a G bowl?it sure does not look like one.Jake(but I could be wrong) No, I'm saying since you said he has a JB for sale, and you noticed the exiting veins where curved more, that would be correct because the JB is shorter then a JG. A JG has longer veins therefore straighter exiting veins.
HBjer

HBjet
01-10-2003, 07:04 PM
BowTie Rick:
I heard getting a JC cut is the best way to go... True or false?True on a few levels.
1) Costs less then buying new or usually used. (375 at MPD to convert)
2) For maximum peformance, the converted JC to JG has longer/straighter exiting veins therefore giving it a straighter flow. The reason is because a one-piece JC bowl has longer veins then an original JG bowl. The disadvantage for the JC is you can not add a droop or a wedge, and the advantage of the JG (or JB) is you can.
NOTE: (for lake boats, you most likely will not see the difference between a converted JC to JG verses an original JG.)
BowTie Rick:
I want to get a droop on my Ultra, runs way too wet. Yes I am sure it has hook but that is big $ and time. First. Do you have a Place Diverter? Second, do you have a Ride Plate? If you have a ride plate, I would check the setting of that and try a few different settings. Another thing you can do it get a back cut shoe which will give you a little lift, giving you less wetted surface, which should result in an increase in MPH.
HBjet
[ January 10, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Jake W
01-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey HB I ment that question for good ole (Chet )not you sorry about that.Really that is a good idea for some one wanting a split bowl to change the C to a C G hyb.I would like to see some side by side testing to see if there are any diffrences.Jake

ChetCapoli
01-11-2003, 06:48 AM
OH boy, not again! That is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard to spend $375 dollars on THAT!
Hey good ole jake, your in missouri arent ya?? Why not just call hitech and confirm what he has for sale...sure looks like a G bowl. Out of curiousity, why not ask him why he has it(Maybe he REPLACED it with something else) :D . Btw, dont you have an aggressor bowl that was done up your using now? Did you run the setup yet?
CHET

Duane HTP
01-11-2003, 12:04 PM
It is a JG bowl. It came off of a JG pump that the guy had let the thrust bearing get so bad that he ate up the suction housing and then replaced the entire pump with a new Aggressor with the fire hose nozzle & trim.
Duane HTP

Duane HTP
01-11-2003, 12:11 PM
BTW, I just tested one of the brand new Aggressor 9 vein bowls Wed. afternoon, (the new casting as of this month), on the R & D Express. We saw a 4 mph gain from it. We tested them back to back on the same afernoon with same conditions. The boat went from 127 mph to 131 mph with no visable change in rpm on gasoline. Duane HTP

Jake W
01-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Well there you have it Chet it is a G bowl.Yes I do have a Aggressor 9 vein bowl flowed by Jack at MPD.I have not tested it being that it is 30 derg hear.The G bowl will not go on the Tahiti.It will be for a Kachina I am going to get.Hey Chet you know that alot of Aggressor bowls split at the start of the veins mine was one of them and it had been fixed and that is one of the main reasons I had it flowed.I run Aggressor Imp bowl and droop.And on the new project I will run a Aggressor Diverter they seam alot nicer than a Place Diverter and they come with a little fin built in and a FTN incerts factory.But the rest of the pump will consist of Berk intake suction G bowl Berk droop with a Legand imp.I have nothing aginst Aggressor shit I run it.I kind of like Good old Jake.Well you know alittle about me must have seen that on the Banderlog board.I was not trying to ruffel your feathers but I like how you ruffled mine.Duane I bet Roger is happy to hear that(the speed increase).Jake

Duane HTP
01-11-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm sure he will. But I haven't been able to get a hold of him by email for a few days. I think he is real busy right now.

ChetCapoli
01-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Jake W:
I will run a Aggressor Diverter they seam alot nicer than a Place Diverter and they come with a little fin built in and a FTN incerts factory.Really?? Geez, i wasnt aware of this. :D

Jake W
01-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Chet I have not went through and read all your post I asume that you run of these Aggressor Diverter?If so what do you think of it and have you ever ran a FTN Place Diverter.Can you comepare the two?Thanks good ole Jake

Duane HTP
01-12-2003, 03:16 PM
The bowl sold! 1-12-03. Duane HTP

ChetCapoli
01-12-2003, 09:17 PM
good ole jake the snake,
I wouldnt own a place after owning an aggressor. It's just that simple. My only gripe being i got an early one with the bennett pump/solenoid setup. That new pump is alot nicer. As far as the diverter, it has all the place options as standard equipment so how can you beat it?? Place is overpriced to boot.
CHET

BowTie Rick
01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
QUOTE]First. Do you have a Place Diverter? Second, do you have a Ride Plate? If you have a ride plate, I would check the setting of that and try a few different settings. Another thing you can do it get a back cut shoe which will give you a little lift, giving you less wetted surface, which should result in an increase in MPH.
HBjet [/QB][/QUOTE]
No Place diverter, it has a jet-o-vator and the bowl has been ground to give more movement. I figured that I needed to lower the trust line with a droop and a wedge to get out of the water more, hence the idea of splitting the JC bowl. I am open to ideas from anyone. :confused:

Jake W
01-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Well I bought the G bowl from Duane at HTP.Thanks Duane.Do you have any pics of the new Aggressor bowls?Jake