PDA

View Full Version : My Friend is looking for a Tahati Jet or outboard

Builder
10-03-2002, 02:00 PM
To use for two or 3 days at Lake Powell to be featured on Ripleys believe it or not.The boat must be low to medium profileJet or outboard and have a hand lever gass throttle ( Not Foot Pedal )You will get great helicopter footage and lots of pic's of your boat and it will be on national television.The dates will be November 2nd to November 4th If you can help please email Tony Castro <tony.castro@brooks-pri.com>
Thank you

Builder
10-03-2002, 03:24 PM
PS,Without a windshield

Tahiti Owner
10-03-2002, 07:35 PM
do they make jets with a hand throttle???

diggler
10-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Tahiti Owner:
do they make jets with a hand throttle???I've got a 1972 Tahiti (with a windshield), and it has a foot throttle also. This fella might have problems finding one because usually the gunwale has the forward/reverse lever on it and not a throttle arm.

Ghighway
10-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Holly SHIT!!!!!! Dug the Drooler wants to borrow one of our boats? WTF are you insane or what? Why don't you just put a little out board on one of your rubber duckys and have that model you hired take it out for a ride while you film it from the copter. You gotta be shittin us! eek!

diggler
10-04-2002, 06:19 AM
Ghighway
[QB]Holly SHIT!!!!!! Dug the Drooler wants to borrow one of our boats? QB]I just moved out here to California six months ago and I've heard plenty about this Doug the Jeweller guy. My boat is not an option for sure now!

Jordy
10-04-2002, 07:49 AM
Hey Doug, would you like an attractive female to ride along in the boat as well? Or maybe you need one of these:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSC00168.JPG
Jordy :D

BK
10-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Ghighway:
Holly SHIT!!!!!! Dug the Drooler wants to borrow one of our boats? WTF are you insane or what? Why don't you just put a little out board on one of your rubber duckys and have that model you hired take it out for a ride while you film it from the copter. You gotta be shittin us! eek! LOL! :D I gave you 5 stars for that one.
It looks like old DTJ just cant get a break, but he keeps coming back for more guess he likes the punishment?
Tahiti Owner, I dont think they make them with hand throttles anymore (unless requested)? but back in the day some of the daycruisers did come with them. I recently converted my mini daycriuser from the foot peddle to hand throttle.
[ October 04, 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

Builder
10-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Ghighway and Jordanpolk and both Morons.Enough said

Builder
10-04-2002, 08:34 PM
PS Thank you for your response.We have 4 boats for the gig.We have enough.Thank You