PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on Brendella Picklefork Tunnel Jet

BigBoyToys
03-02-2003, 07:59 PM
Looking at a Brendella Picklefork Tunnel Jet Boat. Anyone ever seen one or have any info on them?

Johnwithjm
03-02-2003, 09:33 PM
BBT there are a couple that run at Ming. I`m sure you can check them out there if they show up this year.

BigBoyToys
03-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Excellent....Thanks.

Froggystyle
03-02-2003, 10:33 PM
I had one and sold it two weeks later.
Hull was all over the place. Sponsons shaking, walking up and down. That, and it had approximately 4" of freeboard.
I bought it when the previous owner sank it over July 4th weekend. I dewatered it and it ran great, but I only took it out twice. Scared both times.

UBFJ #454
03-03-2003, 01:54 AM
BBT -
I've got one with a 1,500+ Hp nitrous motor in it that I run the PE Class in IHBA ... What exactly would you like to know about Brenny PickleFork Tunnels?

BigBoyToys
03-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Weight? How do they handle/ride? Safe race boat? How fast are they? (I know that has alot of variables on that one), etc. etc.
I found what apparently seems to be a good deal for my friend Topcat, and he went and looked at it but sounded a bit skeptical of the freeboard/transom. Not much of one there I guess.... He asked me to find some info about them so naturally, this is where I start, at HB Forums.

Hud
03-03-2003, 05:40 AM
BBT, I don't know much about them, but I looked at the boat myself.There was a guy that ran a v drive one at CFW a few years back and it hauled ass. It was a red one, don't know his name but that would be who to talk too. They are a rare bird, only have seen 3 in this life time.

BigBoyToys
03-03-2003, 05:45 AM
Hud:
BBT, I don't know much about them, but I looked at the boat myself.There was a guy that ran a v drive one at CFW a few years back and it hauled ass. It was a red one, don't know his name but that would be who to talk too. They are a rare bird, only have seen 3 in this life time. Good morning Hud. Yeah, Topcat went up and looked at the boat yesterday. I'm not sure which way he's leaning on it but I know he wants more info on them. I'll talk to him more about it this morning at work. He already has a Manzer built Ford (yuck) motor ready to go into it.....

cal***boat
03-03-2003, 06:10 AM
Jim, There is one in Santa Rosa. It's a v-drive tunnel with a blown hemi and it hauls ass.

BigBoyToys
03-03-2003, 06:13 AM
How do the Jets run Dave? You ever seen one in a Jet? I've seen the V-drives run and you're right, they haul A$$.
Maybe I'll try to sneak away from work for a few minutes today and go check it out for myself....

Hud
03-03-2003, 06:17 AM
BBT, I think he can get it a little cheaper than what he's asking too, and that guy loves to trade idea

BigBoyToys
03-03-2003, 06:18 AM
Hud:
BBT, I think he can get it a little cheaper than what he's asking too, and that guy loves to trade idea Yeah, I've heard. It sounds like a project but probably a good deal. We'll see what happens next.. :rolleyes:

Hud
03-03-2003, 06:26 AM
BBT, the bottom is done. Just paint the top and trailer. The jet was just done. Lots of parts go with it. The guy that own's it works at Jage's up there, a hamburger place. Be sure to have one they are great.Give me a call.

cal***boat
03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey Jim, If TopCat is not interested i may be if the the price is right. Let me Know.

UBFJ #454
03-03-2003, 09:29 AM
BBT -
I'm kinda in a rush this morning so really don't have time to comment at length now ... will be away from the shop until after 6:00 P.M. PHX time ... shop # (602) 234-1818. If you or your Buddy need to contact me before 6:00, you can reach me on my cell ... (602) 460-4101 otherwise I'll post tonight. From post above, I assume your talking about a jet setup. Would be happy to answer all the questions I can.
Brendella PickleFork Tunnels are a Great Boat for certain things, if you really know what your doing and have them set up properly.
Jak Young

Mrs Big Boy Toys
03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
cal***boat:
Hey Jim, If TopCat is not interested i may be if the the price is right. Let me Know. Dave, Jim just called me to post this for him...
Jim said that it sound like a good deal and it's still avalible. You can call here after 5:00pm today if your interested.
:)

Froggystyle
03-03-2003, 11:35 AM
I should rephrase my answer.
Mine was a horrible river boat. For racing, it might be the heat.
If you were not moving in this boat at Parker, it would go down fast. I would highly not recommend this hull for anyone who is using it for a family/recreational ski or performance hull. My Daytona was very good at managing the river, but the Brendella was a constant effort to keep afloat.
It might be faster than greased weaselshit though. Mine was always to spooky to get into very hard or long.

Her454
03-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Froggystyle:
It might be faster than greased weaselshit though. Mine was always to spooky to get into very hard or long. LMAO. :D

UBFJ #454
03-03-2003, 03:02 PM
BBT -
Your friend called me @ about 11:45 a.m.. Answered what I could. Told him that if he decides to buy the boat we will help however we can with its setup.
Ran into my crewchief & #1 driver (Mike Sampica) shortly after getting off the tele and he agreed to help however he can. One thing that would help us comment further would be some pictures of the boat (especially closeups of the area he described as having stress cracks and the trailer on which that area sits ... may or may not be a problem), the keel and bottom work done near the intake, the ride plate and pump.
As your friend wants the boat for a river and bracket racer, I think for the price its a darned good deal. I did tell him that I didn't think that hull would be good for a family pleasure boat ... the Brendella PickleFork Tunnels are "Point & Shoot" boats and one needs to really know what their doing with their bottom setup for it to Race Safely.
Regarding the low freeboard, when I had ours on the lake I had a nice AL splash guard on it and it was fine ... although had to watch that no one waked me when I was pulled up onshore or docked. Now that the "Black Mamba" is strictly a drag boat, the splash guard sits in the shop.
Let me know if I can help any further and good luck to your friend whether or not he buys the Brendella. I will add though those boats are a rare item, this is only the 4th or 5th one I've heard of with a jet as most were set up with V-drives.
Our Best,
Jak

BigBoyToys
03-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Froggystyle:
Mine was a horrible river boat. For racing, it might be the heat.
If you were not moving in this boat at Parker, it would go down fast. I would highly not recommend this hull for anyone who is using it for a family/recreational ski or performance hull. My Daytona was very good at managing the river, but the Brendella was a constant effort to keep afloat.
It might be faster than greased weaselshit though. Mine was always to spooky to get into very hard or long. Maybe it was the driver....

wfodude
03-03-2003, 07:27 PM
like this one... http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/67boat_side.jpg
I loved this boat

UBFJ #454
03-03-2003, 08:18 PM
The above is the "Black Mamba" in her adolescence.