PDA

View Full Version : aluminum impellor ??

21footeagle
04-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Im having a new engine built 510 ci BBC, I have an
American Turbine pump with a "B" impellor (aluminum) i was thinking of swaping it for an "A" impellor, thi motor will have aprox 560 HP. will i have to use a stainless impellor or will a aluminum one work, Any info will help, thanks guys

77charger
04-23-2003, 08:54 PM
as long as you dont come out of the water and enter while still on the gas.a bronze will be stronger and not as much as a stainless.my buddy has 800 hp and is using a heritage bronze(legend copy) so far so good.it was recomended by the the pump builder for him for his application and to save some cash

ChetCapoli
04-23-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm running aluminum with 700hp...560hp is a walk in the park....i wouldnt worry about that at all.
CHET

FuelBoat2003
04-23-2003, 09:15 PM
77charger:
as long as you dont come out of the water and enter while still on the gas.a bronze will be stronger and not as much as a stainless.my buddy has 800 hp and is using a heritage bronze(legend copy) so far so good.it was recomended by the the pump builder for him for his application and to save some cash well SHET with that barge you call a boat you wont ever have to worry about the boat getting loose and unloading the pump. thats way YOU can run a aluminum POS with no problem

Allan Gorneault
04-24-2003, 03:47 AM
I have an aluminum impellor with about 500 Hp. My impellor is rapidly deteriorating due to the fact I'm airborn a lot.
Allan G.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-24-2003, 06:12 AM
if you can afford a stainless impellor go for it. The life of a stainless impellor is much longer than an aluminum one. It depends on what you want to do with it too. If you plan on beaching it or running in shallow water definitely go stainless. I don't think hp is an issue with aluminum just density of the metal. Stainless impellors are heavier though. I guess it really depends on your pocket book and your needs.

21footeagle
04-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the help guys. should I stick with the "B" or switch to the "A"
[ April 24, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: 21footeagle ]

DUCKY
04-24-2003, 09:34 PM
A or B depends on how your motor is cammed, and your general use. If your motor is built to turn some rpm (6500+) and you want to come out of the hole hard, then stick with the B. If you want to be more sane about it, then go for an A or AA.

jim@pj
04-24-2003, 09:51 PM
21 Foot eagle You have a few options, both in material and cut of impeller. Aggressor has a Mag bronze that is good to 1200 Hp and is reasonable, just as an example. Contact me and I'll give you some ideas, I am in your area. You won't regret the call. Jim www.performancejet.com (http://www.performancejet.com) 707-823-6713

ChetCapoli
04-25-2003, 01:59 PM
jim@pj:
Aggressor has a Mag bronze that is good to 1200 Hp and is reasonable, just as an example. Be careful here jim..last time i mentioned something about an bronze impeller with only 1000hp (not 1200hp) i got flamed. "bronze is for baby shoes" remember :D . Not that it's cheaper and holds up just as well(if not better) god forbid.
Hey tug..i mean fuel boat....is this some kind of jet you run??? As far as my boat a POS...your right!! Runs awful good though and i got 1/10th of the money that others have in their ride and go just as fast....can't be too bad now can it?? Besides.....my ride is just a testament on how well those aggressor ALUMINUM impellers work. :D
CHET
[ April 25, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

King Kuracz
04-25-2003, 02:18 PM
And exactly when was the last time that your boat "ran awful good" ?
[ April 25, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: King Kuracz ]

FuelBoat2003
04-25-2003, 02:43 PM
""well CHET with that barge you call a boat you wont ever have to worry about the boat getting loose and unloading the pump. thats why YOU can run a aluminum POS with no problem""
Now Chet read the above statement and does it say anywhere that your BOAT is a POS
The comment is about the impeller being a POS and not your boat.
Aluminum impellers suck and dont hold up and if you do get any kind of caviation they start to come apart on you.
We all know that your an Agressor man so i would leave it at that.