PDA

View Full Version : The Dirty Sock

sidewound
03-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey everybody,
Finally got some weather so I can get to the wash with the sock to get some more cleaning done before my new mill goes in. What a filthy @%*&^$#@*. Oops, did I say that. This is after my initial bout at the carwash after I was soaked and cold and said screw it. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114DIRT-med.jpg
This is for those who ask why my boat is called The Dirty Sock. Need I say more?
Tomorrow I go another round. Been savin my quarters. I dont think this had been cleaned for 30 years. All the wood's good just a lotta crap. Oh yeah, for our western counterparts, Yes that's ice. Jetboats rock in the midwest.
(Only 6 mos. a year tho) he he he
PEACE MAN
CESAR

Infomaniac
03-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Don't do it man !!!
Some of that grunge maybe holding things together. Also it is sometimes better not to be able to see some things.

sidewound
03-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Cmon infoman. I need encouragement to tackle the task at hand. I know their's a boat under there somewhere and I'm gonna find it. At least their was one last year. Peace Man
CESAR eek!

sidewound
03-15-2003, 07:38 PM
That's nothin,
Check out the spraycan job on the pump and back of the boat by the previous owner. Cool huh?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114My_Pump-med.jpg
yuk Ordered my place diverter from Duane at HTP last week. He was really cool on the phone and was very willing to share his opinions and advice. Should make the boat much more usable. Peace Man
CESAR

Infomaniac
03-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Yea you are right.
GO For it Man !!!!!
Let's DOOOO ITTTTTT !!!
If it ends up costing you more bucks. Not my fault. :) :)

sidewound
03-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks Infoman. :D
It's nice to know someone cares. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm doing the moter diverter and oil cooler (blahbalhblah) and getting it running GOOD before I fart around with the cosmetics :cool: My new motor is pretty healthy for an olds and I'm spinning an A in my JC. I'm hoping for some more top with the added hp. It would never run up over 3900 last year. Be nice to get it well up over 4k :D Peace Man
CESAR

sidewound
03-15-2003, 09:17 PM
OOPs
How'd this get back on top again. Found my new avatar.Cool. Gimmie your worst cleaning stories. It's cold, I'm bored, I'm here for awhile. Peace Man
CESAR Ya like? :D

AZKC
03-16-2003, 10:44 AM
I feel your pain, It'll be worth it keep on keepin on :D Mine started out quite the mess ck out my "The Puzzle" thread
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57bilge_clean_up0005-med.jpg
Boats and ice eek! you guys are hardcore.
KC

jim@pj
03-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Dirty sock... Put a plastic bag over your thrust bearing cap and tape it tight. Regrease your bearing because you do not want water getting a foothold on your bearing assy. Another way to protect the bearing is to slide the drive joint back on. Good luck Jim

sidewound
03-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the advice Jim. I probably would have completley overlookd that. Thanks again.
Peace Man