PDA

View Full Version : Bimini top

jeff-in-ky
06-19-2002, 11:15 AM
OK, I am not a fan of sitting in the hot sun, so I want to add a Bimini top to my 21' Edge. Does anyone have one on an Edge or Daytona? I was wondering how it clears the motor when you lower it, or do you use the rails on top of the gunnels that allow the Bimini to move back and forth?
Any help is appreciated.

HavasuDreamin'
06-19-2002, 12:10 PM
I can see what you mean about sitting in the sun for too long, but I would hate to see you drill holes in your beautiful gel coat for the mounting hardware.
Have you thought about a large umbrella shade perhaps in the color of your boat so that it matches. You could make a mount inside the boat which would not be visible from the outside, then pull the umbrella shade out when parked. The down side is you would not be able to drive the boat with the shade up, but then again, you can't go very fast when a bimini is up either (I believe 35 mph). The up side is no holes and hardware on your gelcoat.
Just a thought! Good Luck

Blown Sleek
06-19-2002, 01:48 PM
My buddy got one that seems to be a good compromise! It is perforated? and we did over 60 mph with it and no sign of problems. Gives good shade (better than spf40 atleast.

coolchange
06-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Put the Bimini on, you'll wonder why you waited so long!

Old Charger
06-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Check with Rex or Eddie Marine before you start drilling. They have some real cool billet bimini pieces that slide and clip instead of the plastic pieces with the pins.