PDA

View Full Version : loader grates

jrau
08-13-2002, 04:00 PM
someone is trying to sell me one of these. its some flat irons that direct water flow to the impeller, so he says. he had it on a jetboat he had. wants $75 for it. what will it do? I know nothing about these other than it is marked to fit a berk jc pump so it will fit mine.

homeblt86jet
08-16-2002, 07:31 PM
THEY REALY DO HELP THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR PUMP,AND OUT OF THE HOLE. THE MORE WATER YOU CAN PUSH THOUGH THE INTAKE OF YOUR PUMP THE FASTER IT IS . TRY IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH BETTER IT RUNS.ALL MY BUDDIES (INCLUDING ME) HAVE ONE. THEY REALY DO WORK!

Rexone
08-16-2002, 07:40 PM
We have brand new ones for very little more than $75 if you're interested

beached1
08-19-2002, 09:00 PM
I would talk to a pump shop b4 buying it. Tell the shop what kind of setup (HP, impeller, hull type) you have and they could tell you what you should be running. It is poissible that you could buy the wrong grate and overload your pump which could slow you down.

SoCalPower
08-19-2002, 09:46 PM
excellent advice b1.
what is your set-up jrau? hull, keel profile, hp, hardware?
there is some talent on these boards, most willing to help.
db

bchbum
08-21-2002, 08:51 PM
I just heard about a half loader grate, it is suppose to give you the best of both worlds. would this work on my 21' ultra with 330 hp. ? Boat does about 56mph on the speedo ( real speed ?)It also has the place on it . who would have this ?