PDA

View Full Version : Buildin my pump today

sidewound
05-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Boy this is the one thing that scared me. Got all my parts and I'm ready to start. eek! Stay tuned for the comedy. :D
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

sidewound
05-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Way to go Cesar.
Glad to hear your gettin it done. Let me know if I can help.
Peace Man

Bajajet
05-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Need a hand? I'll be driving past C.L. tomorrow? Let me know.
Craig

sidewound
05-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Hey Craig YOU BET!!!! The more brain power the better. Would be great to see ya. I got FROSTIES :D in the garage. he he he
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

sidewound
05-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Craig, check your pm
Peace Man
CESAR

sidewound
05-04-2003, 09:17 AM
Well I got it together. I've got a little too much clearance with no shims so I gotta have some taken off the eye of the impeller. I'll drop it at the machine shop tomorrow. Bajajet stopped by today to check it out. We'd never met so it was kinda cool.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114Pump_10-med.jpg
Duane from htp where I got my parts gave me some real good advice on how to set it up with the ultimate wear ring. Once its set up right and worn in it should end up with zero clerance under load and create what he calls "The real seal". Sounded pretty scientific so I'm goin with it. he he he
Peace Man
CESAR

wfodude
05-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Lookin good bro....You'll be roostin in no time :D . While my junk sits upside down in the driveway cry

BrendellaJet
05-04-2003, 08:05 PM
wfodude:
Lookin good bro....You'll be roostin in no time :D . While my junk sits upside down in the driveway cry I feel your pain, Mines in the same position, in the garage. Getting ready for gel though, I cant wait!

wfodude
05-04-2003, 08:13 PM
I feel bad...I'm jealous of all the cool rides on here....I need to get my poop in a group so to speak and get this thing done....I'm just going to use paint on mine. Its a project to sell and I'm gettin in wayyyyyyyy too deep. Gonna be a NEW 77 brendella when i get it done...Just to peddle it...

Duke
05-04-2003, 10:08 PM
wfodude:
I feel bad...I'm jealous of all the cool rides on here....I need to get my poop in a group so to speak and get this thing done....I'm just going to use paint on mine. Its a project to sell and I'm gettin in wayyyyyyyy too deep. Gonna be a NEW 77 brendella when i get it done...Just to peddle it... jealous, hot damn, i dont even have a boat yet, imagine how i feel! :D :D

sidewound
05-05-2003, 02:00 PM
WFO don't feel too bad. My pump's apart again. Needs MORE shaft and impeller work. Damn 30 yr. old crap. I take 1 step ahead and go 2 steps back. You know how it is.
Get that thing done so we can see the "SECRET" project. he he he
Peace Man
CESAR

wfodude
05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Its all good bro....Remember I've got 3 boats right now that ALL need to go bye-bye....Someday I'm gonna sell that v-drive cruiser and that will help a lot. When you see the project. I think you will be blown away...but thats a lot of money away from now...keep it real bro...Mark

sidewound
05-05-2003, 09:41 PM
WFO,
Unbenounced to you I have sent spies to uncover the "SECRET" project. After weeks of survelance and many of my $$$$ this is what they brought me.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114rr05.jpg
If you want some advice on the steering control let me know. he he he
Looks pretty FAST to me. I thought the motor would be "BIGGER". I don't see how you'll be able to crack the 150 mph barrier with that small of a motor. lol Let me know if you need any tech advice. I got an eggbeater in the kitchen drawer and I'm sure I can equate the principal into real time. STOMPIN BRO!!!!!!
Peace Man
CESAR

wfodude
05-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Thats some funny stuff bro....what you don't see is the 3 inch diameter NOS tank up against the inside...gonna fly and be free...or get a darwin award LOL.....