PDA

View Full Version : AFTERSHOCK BOATS

THATJEFFGUY
07-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Does anyone have any info on...or know anything about Aftershock Boats? Has anyone looked into them at all ? It seems their prices are pretty good..just curious and looking around.

BowTie Rick
07-25-2002, 10:26 AM
I have heard of them but know nothing about them. Come on, someone out there must know something, now you have my curiosity going so spit it out!

boatlessd
07-25-2002, 10:42 AM
This topic has been discussed before. Do a search of aftershock boats. The owners used to be with shockwave and spun off. They had a write up in ***boat under the name of pacific eagle a few years back. They are offering great prices but I'm not too sure on the quality.

OCStoker
07-25-2002, 11:37 AM
I was interested in the 27' cat they make. So I decided to take a trip to their shop. I didn't like the looks of it when I got there. The back end looked real funky. The deck to hull assembly looked kind of crappy also. After my visit I decided not to consider them as a future boat. On another note, they must be doing something right, the owner was driving a Mercedes 600 with paper plates.

Screaming Pete
07-25-2002, 11:47 AM
the owner was driving a Mercedes 600 with paper plates.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Hopefully not from boat deposit money :rolleyes:

Chestah Cheetah
07-25-2002, 11:49 AM
OCStoker:
On another note, they must be doing something right, the owner was driving a Mercedes 600 with paper plates.Must be why they just raised the price of their 24' from 39k to 46k.........to pay for his Benz.

shockwaveharry
07-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Been there too. Less than impressed...

Havasu_Dreamin
07-25-2002, 12:26 PM
Are these the guys marketing under APB??

shockwaveharry
07-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Havasu_Dreamin:
Are these the guys marketing under APB??Yep.

Havasu Cig
07-25-2002, 01:41 PM
My friend bought a hull from them (23' open bow) and is rigging it himself. He has a built 468 chevy, killer stereo, nice trailer ect... and will only have about 35k in it when he is done. the boat looks very nice, but like I said he has rigged it himself and he is very anal. I don't know how the factory rigging compares. Makes me wonder hw much profit they are making if he could do it that cheap.

Mandelon
07-25-2002, 02:21 PM
How exactly does one drive with paper plates? Tupperware maybe.....

FastCats
07-26-2002, 05:01 AM
"I was interested in the 27' cat they make. " Hi OCSTOKER
What did you ever do about getting a cat?
Scott :)

THOR
07-26-2002, 05:38 AM
Did Aftershock back up their ad that states that the 27' Cat will go 70+ mph with a 6.2L?
Unbelievable. For 49K no less.

BowTie Rick
07-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Well, since their shop is 10 minutes from my house, I swung by yesterday to check them out. Small is the opportune word. They are not a big company. Their construction looked sound with full length stringers and good workmanship. Gel coat quality was satisfactory, not the best I've seen nor the worst. They did not have anything finished with upolstrey in it so I can't comment on that. The sales folks where cool, not too pushy but not too disinterested either. Why are they so much less than other boats? From what I could tell is it due to a low overhead. They get engines and hardware as needed to build the boats. They do not have them stockpiled and ready to go. Being smaller, they also have less employees and that can save you a fortune in insurance and workers comp. Lastly, being small and not well known you need an edge over competitors to get sales. A lower price will do that. If they ever do get big and well known, I can guarantee that the prices will go up and be the same as the others. My feelings, not a bad deal if you are not into names and prestige value.

Dribble
07-27-2002, 07:55 AM
Actually, Eagle Pacific (Performance Offshore Marine) and Aftershock are two different companies. When they were called West Coast Tooling, (next door to Shockwave) they did the layup for Eagle Pacific. Their 24' Tremor in the ad is the Eagle Pacific that was tested by HB in 1998. I don't know if they share the mold or what. I am in the fourth season with mine and couldn't be happier. It is solid and completely trouble free.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/Img211.JPG
[ July 31, 2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

shockwavebd
07-28-2002, 07:38 PM
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck........then it must be a duck!
You get what you pay for.