PDA

View Full Version : New Hogan

Desert Rat
05-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Anyone know the water level at New Hogan in Nor Cal? Might be up soon and hope it's FULL. Will definitely be there in mid August.

Aqua Boogie1
05-14-2003, 03:17 PM
I have no idea but will be checkin into soon, I also will be there camping from Aug. 20 thru the 24th. :p

Robbie Racer
05-15-2003, 05:28 PM
I haven't been there yet this year, but with all the rain we have been getting here in No. Cal the last couple of months, I bet it's pretty full. You might want to check out the Banderlog board (www.Banderlog.com) early next week. There are a bunch of jetters on that board that are going to Hogan this weekend, I think. They will probably be posting some pictures on Monday. R/R

Her454
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Desert Rat, Im 3 minutes from Hogan. As of 2 days ago the water level is about 90% capacity with water still flowing in from the Calaveras River. May reach over the top of the ramps into parking lots in the next week or so. All launch ramps open, water is fairly clean from debris but I would be careful of floating logs this early on. Will post some pics from this weekend. :D
Also want to mention that Calaveras County Sheriffs now have Wave Runners to patrol the lake and they plan on enforcing the Muffler rule even more so than before. I'd make sure your legal in all aspects before you launch. The Marina also went Bankrupt 2 years ago and was auctioned off in March. There are NO facilities. I would fuel up in town as there is nothing on the lake.
[ May 15, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Desert Rat
05-16-2003, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the replys. Can't wait to get up there. Her454, you must live in Valley Springs? I wish my job would allow me to live up there. I love the whole area.

Her454
05-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Right outside of town. My job is in Roseville and my commute is 78 miles one way but its worth the drive. :D

BK
05-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey Her454, are you gonna be at New Hogan this Sunday? Like RR said there's a group of us going from Banderlog, if your there please come by and say hi. :)
[ May 16, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Her454
05-16-2003, 11:35 AM
BK:
Hey Her454, are you gonna be at New Hogan this Sunday? Like RR said there's a group of us going from Banderlog, if your there please come by and say hi. :) I'll be there Sunday ...Im sure I'll see you out there. Not sure I know any of the Banderlog people.....heard they were a rowdy bunch. eek!
[ May 16, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Oldsquirt
05-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Her454, most of the Banderlog people are pretty mellow. The one person you have to watch out for is "Glastron Guy". The stories I've heard about him.....YIKES! eek! :D
[ May 16, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

JEThro
05-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Her454,Jusy look for a 4'x6' yellow water toy behind a boat. That will be us "rowdies". Thanks for the tip about the water cops. Jethro

Her454
05-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok, Im sure I cant miss the large bright yellow water toy! LOL. :D See you out there. Waters not that cold either, was actually in it last weekend, after a few silvers. eek!

Sangster
05-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm gonna have to get new a jet boat and come check this New Hogan out.......

Her454
05-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Sangster:
I'm gonna have to get new a jet boat and come check this New Hogan out....... Sangster, dont fret, we allow the V-drive guys sometimes. And when the Marina is up and running its pretty awsome. MLHB's make a couple of Cliff Runs every year. Its just a bunch of us heading out there and tie up, or beach, and bbq on the pontoon and pretty much party all day at the mouth of the river. Beautiful back there. I always post in advance before we go but one of them is in July. You should try and make it out.
I'll even give ya a ride in my "jet". If I ever get it done..... cry

Sangster
05-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Cool....Looks like You, Me & Morg so far in the Cheap seats fathers day....Sure the list will grow.. :rolleyes:

Her454
05-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Sangster:
Cool....Looks like You, Me & Morg so far in the Cheap seats fathers day....Sure the list will grow.. :rolleyes: WHAT? Ya mean Im not the only one gonna be sportin the lawn chair? I dont feel quite so bad now. I thought Morg's was ready to rock....... :confused:

Her454
05-19-2003, 05:06 PM
It was nice to meet everyone from Banderlog/LBBA on Sunday! Mrs P, Squirt, Oldsquirt, Byron, Jethro, Cas, Steve & Tess, SlotRacer...so many to remember and I apologize if I've left anyone out...great people! Hopefully you all can make it up to one of MLHB Cliff Runs this summer, its a beautiful ride out there and a nice place to drop anchor and spend the day.
A special thanks to Mrs P for her "Sunday Mornin Launch Ramp Bloody Mary Specials". You made an impression with all of us....... wink
[ May 19, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

Froggystyle
05-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Her454:
Right outside of town. My job is in Roseville and my commute is 78 miles one way but its worth the drive. :D Sweet! I damn near grew up in Calaveras County. I am from the bay area, but we had a ranch off of Poole Station Road in between San Andreas and Angels Camp. Damn near every weekend of my young life was spent either at New Hogan, Tulloch or Berryessa. Lots of time at New Hogan. Glad to hear it is still a hot spot of sorts.
Is there still the sign as you are leaving that says "if you lived here, you'd be home by now" ?
Always loved that. Last time I was there was in the early 80's. Good times.

Her454
05-20-2003, 01:23 PM
TOO FUNNY ! I remember that sign as a kid, as Im from the Bay too (Concord unfortunatly) but its gone now. My sister used to live on Pool Station too. Small world. I guess you know the meaning behind "MotherLode" Hot Boats then. Get alot of people asking us what it means. If you ever come home and visit be sure and look us up....bet you've jumped off the cliffs many times as a kid too. :D

SMILEMAKER
05-20-2003, 02:34 PM
:D I live in sunny So. Cal, but my Aunt and Uncle have a home on Tullock (right next to the ramp at Poker Flat). We have gone to visit them every summer in July or Aug. for the last 10 summers. My best friend from dental school, Dr. Craig Kinzer, lives and works in Jackson. We drive from Copperopolis to Jackson, on pool station road to visit him. We have gone to Hogan the last two summers (buy gas for my 25 daytona in valley springs) with the Kinzer's in their malibu wakeboard boat. I love visiting that area, awesome lakes, we always have a great summer vacation. I love the drive back to Tullock on pool station road, after dark, no moon, feels very quiet and desolate, very unlike Temecula. Keep up the Hot boating in your beautiful area, hope this post dose'nt cause a lot of people to move up their and spoil things for ya! Take care, doc! :D :D :cool:

Her454
05-20-2003, 02:38 PM
SMILEMAKER:
hope this post dose'nt cause a lot of people to move up their and spoil things for ya! Meeeeeeeeeeee too. :D

screamin seamen
05-20-2003, 03:28 PM
As far as I am concerned if people want to move to San Andreas let them. Keep them there and out of Valley springs! Valley Springs has its fair share of BAT'S(bay area transfers)know.

Her454
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM
screamin seamen:
As far as I am concerned if people want to move to San Andreas let them. Keep them there and out of Valley springs! Valley Springs has its fair share of BAT'S(bay area transfers)know. Well well, look who's lurking. Going to Red Bluff? BTW......you almost made my kid an orphan the other morning......geeeez, keep that damn truck on your own side of the road Mister. Men drivers! eek!

BigBoyToys
05-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Her454:
Sangster:
Cool....Looks like You, Me & Morg so far in the Cheap seats fathers day....Sure the list will grow.. :rolleyes: WHAT? Ya mean Im not the only one gonna be sportin the lawn chair? I dont feel quite so bad now. I thought Morg's was ready to rock....... :confused: Don't worry there her454, we may have a spare boat or two up at CFW Fathers Day that you can borrow to go play around in.....as long as ya beat the other boat by 2 lengths wink :D

Her454
05-20-2003, 05:29 PM
BigBoyToys:
Don't worry there her454, we may have a spare boat or two up at CFW Fathers Day that you can borrow to go play around in.....as long as ya beat the other boat by 2 lengths wink :D Now thats trust.... wink I may take you up on that.....as far as the two lengths thing...I can only promise that if racing K-Flat. eek!

sierawst
05-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Her454:
I live in Ione & have been looking for a group of local "***boaters". I noticed "Motherlode ***boats"... is there a website?
Regards,
"It's Miller Time"

BigBoyToys
05-20-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah Her454....where's that website? :rolleyes: wink

Her454
05-20-2003, 06:17 PM
sierawst:
Her454:
I live in Ione & have been looking for a group of local "***boaters". I noticed "Motherlode ***boats"... is there a website?
Regards,
"It's Miller Time" Lots of locals right in your neighborhood in fact.
We go to Hogan, Cammanche and CFW quite a bit and I always post the outings in the V-Drives or Bench Racers....and we have the MotherLode***boats.com Domain but Im waiting for MrBBT to build it for me since I never have time...too busy posting on ***boat I guess. We have V-drives, Jets, Hydros, Ski-Boats, a few Party Boats and an Offshore.....your more than welcome. wink What kind of boat do you have?

Kindsvater Flat
05-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Her454:
BigBoyToys:
Don't worry there her454, we may have a spare boat or two up at CFW Fathers Day that you can borrow to go play around in.....as long as ya beat the other boat by 2 lengths wink :D Now thats trust.... wink I may take you up on that.....as far as the two lengths thing...I can only promise that if racing K-Flat. eek! throwing rocks there blondie?

Her454
05-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Kindsvater Flat:
throwing rocks there blondie? What are you doing out of your cave, its still daylight. eek!

sierawst
05-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Her454:
I am building a brand spankin' new Miller boat.
A V-Drive with a little 540 blower motor.

Her454
05-20-2003, 06:27 PM
You'll have to educate me on the Miller...dont think I've ever heard of it unless its in the bottle.
Any pics?

GlastronGuy
05-20-2003, 06:31 PM
OLDSQUIRT:
Her454, most of the Banderlog people are pretty mellow. The one person you have to watch out for is "Glastron Guy". The stories I've heard about him.....YIKES! eek! :D I am going to have to visit this forum more often. You know, keep an eye on you.
:)

sierawst
05-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Miller has been building boats since the late 50's but mostly 1960 through 1980. A friend of mine held the record in 1965 for Blown Gas Flatbottom, his name was Bob Garner. The name of his boat was "Lil Ski'mer". That was a Miller boat! Jim Miller is now building (custom), one off boats which is what he is building for me... there won't be another one like it! BUT... it's taking a loooong time to get finished. Originally thought I'd get it this month but right now it's looking like late July! Yes, I do have pics of my (old) Miller. Where do I send them?

Oldsquirt
05-20-2003, 06:38 PM
GlastronGuy:
OLDSQUIRT:
Her454, most of the Banderlog people are pretty mellow. The one person you have to watch out for is "Glastron Guy". The stories I've heard about him.....YIKES! eek! :D I am going to have to visit this forum more often. You know, keep an eye on you.
:) Took you long enough! :D

Her454
05-20-2003, 06:50 PM
OLDSQUIRT:
Took you long enough! :D I heard he was rowdy but I guess he's slow too? :D

Her454
05-20-2003, 06:53 PM
sierawst:
Miller has been building boats since the late 50's but mostly 1960 through 1980. A friend of mine held the record in 1965 for Blown Gas Flatbottom, his name was Bob Garner. The name of his boat was "Lil Ski'mer". That was a Miller boat! Jim Miller is now building (custom), one off boats which is what he is building for me... there won't be another one like it! BUT... it's taking a loooong time to get finished. Originally thought I'd get it this month but right now it's looking like late July! Yes, I do have pics of my (old) Miller. Where do I send them? You can post the pics in the Media Center or send them to MotherLode***boats@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you. Im surprised you dont know any of the Ione boyz. We refer to the area as Mullet Mountain..... Theres a beautiful Canyon and a Dimarco runnin around over in Ione and a few other beautiful boats. You'll have to come out with us sometime.

GlastronGuy
05-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Her454:
OLDSQUIRT:
Took you long enough! :D I heard he was rowdy but I guess he's slow too? :D No, that's just my boat.

Her454
05-20-2003, 07:04 PM
GlastronGuy:
No, that's just my boat. :D :D

sierawst
05-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Do you know Jim Hendrix? I live around the corner from him? I would really like to get together with everyone at some point. I'm really disappointed with no boat to show but I know it will be worth it once it's finished. FYI... I'm Mike. I'll gather some pics...

Oldsquirt
05-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Sierawst, Jim Hendrix posts here, primarily in the v-drive forum, as "bt 273".

Her454
05-20-2003, 08:08 PM
well, I should have said it before, but WELCOME to ***boat. Yes I know Jim, I was in his wedding last month. They are great people.