PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore This Sunday

Tom Foolery
08-21-2002, 06:35 AM
Ok, I brought the boat home form the CBBB to fix an oil leak & modify my breathers and now I'm ready to run her. I'll be at Elsinore on Sunday to make a few test passes an hang out for a while. Anyone interested in going or currently planning to be out there?

HM
08-21-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey Erik,
since I am a local, I would love to come down and hang, but I got dragged into a houseboat trip to Mohave<---read sarcasm. We leave on Friday morning.
I will catch you on your next visit to Elsinore.

Windy
08-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Hey you guys....HBjet and Cyclone are going saturday.

XClutchboy725
08-21-2002, 07:39 AM
Hey Erik,
Can you go Saturday? Deb is off Saturday...My boat is ready to roll (and float)...Sounds like CBBB the Sequel!

Tom Foolery
08-21-2002, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately I alredy have plans for saturday that I can't get out of. frown

78Eliminator
08-21-2002, 01:52 PM
MissHBjet:
Hey you guys....HBjet and Cyclone are going saturday.There is a slight chance I'll see then there.....

Chestah Cheetah
08-21-2002, 02:01 PM
A bunch of us will be camping at Pyramid on Sat. night and on the lake on Sunday, you guys should try to make it up there, we're celebrating jet4fun's recent canned status from his job. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/laugh1.gif
[ August 21, 2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Chestah Cheetah ]

Tom Foolery
08-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Chestah Cheetah:
A bunch of us will be camping at Pyramid on Sat. night and on the lake on Sunday, you guys should try to make it up there, we're celebrating jet4fun's recent canned status from his job. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/laugh1.gifHmmmm......I'm interested. I haven't been to Pyramid in like 20 years. Do they have a speed limit? or at least one I can safely break wink . Also will I be able to get on ok?, I've heard that the line to launch can be pretty bad there.

cal-air
08-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Tom Foolery:
Chestah Cheetah:
A bunch of us will be camping at Pyramid on Sat. night and on the lake on Sunday, you guys should try to make it up there, we're celebrating jet4fun's recent canned status from his job. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/laugh1.gifHmmmm......I'm interested. I haven't been to Pyramid in like 20 years. Do they have a speed limit? or at least one I can safely break wink . Also will I be able to get on ok?, I've heard that the line to launch can be pretty bad there.Speed limit is 35 and the launch wasn't that bad last weekend. Just a few inconsiderate SOB's but the overall wait wasn't bad.

Tom Foolery
08-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Whats the enforcement on that speed limit like? Is there an area I can get away from people & patrols to open it up? For the changes I made to my boat I really want to open it up.
[ August 21, 2002, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

cal-air
08-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Tom Foolery:
Whats the enforcement on that speed limit like? Is there an area I can get away from people & patrols to open it up? For the changes I made to my boat I really want to open it up.I don't know, but on Sunday the lake was extremely choppy, it would be hard to open it up under those conditions.

cal-air
08-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Is there a fee to run on Elsinore?

75_Elim
08-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Tom,
The speed limit is no that enforced at Pyramid. And as for the getting on question, that's a big unknown. We were up there last Saturday..pulled up at 7am and pulled straight up to the pay window and got right on the water :D There wasn't a single boat in line and it was quiet all day. But the weekend before that we were there at the same time and waited at least a hour to get on :confused:
But even if there is a line it's still well worth waiting in since the lake is so nice and the sandbar is a blast to hang out on.

Tom Foolery
08-21-2002, 02:43 PM
Yeah, i think its around $15 to launch at elsinore. I was on the Pyramid website and it looks like it is $14 for a boat and maybe $7 for your truck. I don't know if the $14 for launching covers you tow vehicle too.

cal-air
08-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Tom Foolery:
Yeah, i think its around $15 to launch at elsinore. I was on the Pyramid website and it looks like it is $14 for a boat and maybe $7 for your truck. I don't know if the $14 for launching covers you tow vehicle too.It does cover your tow vehicle, total is $14

Chestah Cheetah
08-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Tom Foolery:
I don't know if the $14 for launching covers you tow vehicle too.It does!
You can make speed passes behind the island and the damn. Patrol is rarely out to begin with so no worries, WOT bud!
check out the "jet4fun's going away party" thread in Hot Spots West.
[ August 21, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Chestah Cheetah ]

flat broke
08-21-2002, 08:47 PM
Erik,
Pyramid is nice, but if you're going out to do testing go to Elsinore. If you get out there before 10, the water shouldn't be too choppy and you can always run down the west side of the lake over by cranes for some smoother water, just look out for the fuzz if your going to run WOT outside the high speed zone.
Pyramid= definite chop and winds, good scene at the sandbar, cleaner water, traffic on the 5 and 405 getting home.
Elsinore= no worries on high speed passes, funky green water, calm marina to launch out of, no grapvine grade to tow up.
If your testing go to Elsinore, if your going to guzzle silvers, hang with the crew at Pyramid.
I might be able to get out on Sunday with you guys, but I'd probably just drive out to lend a hand if need be. There's really no reason to put the spectra in the water right now. Everything is running fine since the Avi, and we probably wouldn't be there long enough to spend the money on gas for the boat. :) You're breathers are going to work better... period. And if you swapped oil press gauges, the other leak is fixed as well.
Talk to you later,
Chris

Windy
08-21-2002, 09:45 PM
78Eliminator:
MissHBjet:
Hey you guys....HBjet and Cyclone are going saturday.There is a slight chance I'll see then there.....Mike and Randy are goen to Elsinore to do some testing.

24RODjr
08-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Rods will be in effect on Elsinore on Sat afternoon

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 06:47 AM
flat broke:
Erik,
You're breathers are going to work better... period. And if you swapped oil press gauges, the other leak is fixed as well.
I agree they should be better... but i want to make sure they are working right. This weekend is probably my last chance to make sure before I tow it back out to the river. (its also a good excuse to take the boat out this weekend)
And yes I swapped the oil gauge out. I'm not too worried about that electronic gauge leaking on my carpet. :D

HotHallet
08-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I am down for Elsinore this Sunday to anyone who wants to go. My boat is all the way in Nevada at my folks new lake house so I need to jump in with somebody.

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 08:33 AM
HotHallet:
I am down for Elsinore this Sunday to anyone who wants to go. My boat is all the way in Nevada at my folks new lake house so I need to jump in with somebody.Welcome to the boards Travis.

Hustler
08-22-2002, 08:36 AM
Travis?? Is that Glitter himself? :D Welcome Travis, I thought you left the boat at BullHead?
Hustler

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Travis, you need to talk Mike into going to Elsinore on Sunday.

cyclone
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Ok so CBBB the mini-sequel looks like its happening on sunday at Elsinore? I'm pretty sure that will work. I'll talk to Randy about it.

HotHallet
08-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Hustler- I drug it up to my folks new lake house in Boulder City, Nevada to stick it in the 44 foot deep by 22 foot wide A/C'd garage which is a nice change considering it use to sit on my folks street in Torrance. It's sitting snug under the cover right now. I plan to do a few trips with the family to Mead-one on Labor day weekend for sure. Before the season is over (funds providing) i want to organize a trip to Blythe to McIntyre park campground. Not crazy crowded like Laughlin or Havasu. In fact you can even launch your boat and drive over to the lagoon while you leave your truck and trailer on the ramp. If you have never been there it is absolutely bitchin'.Classic Boat was awesome and it was great meeting all of you. Leslie and I had a blast. Can't wait to rip down the river with all of you again soon.
Travis

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 08:56 AM
cyclone:
Ok so CBBB the mini-sequel looks like its happening on sunday at Elsinore? I'm pretty sure that will work. I'll talk to Randy about it.RIGHT ON! Would Randy be bringing his boat? I didn't get a chance to run against him at the CBBB (even though he'll probably smoke me, but who cares, its still fun). What would be really cool is to get Jeff out there and race them 3 wide :) that would make an awsome picture if it were close.
What are you guys going out to test?

Hustler
08-22-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey Travis keep me informed about the Blyth deal I would like to check that place out if the the ol" school bus is'nt to big :D

flat broke
08-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the boards Travis. When I saw HotHallet and you were from T town, I had to guess it was you. Since It looks like more guys are heading out and a little more than testing may be going down, perhaps I should bring the Spectra, that way I can give rides to the Boatless, and won't be a boatless burden myself :) Let me talk to Em about it and if its cool with her, I'm down. That way you could just ride with us to save some gas. Any word on whether or not that guy Brandon hooked up with at the Sandbar actually had a buyer for his boat?
Talk to you later,
Chris

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 09:16 AM
flat broke:
Any word on whether or not that guy Brandon hooked up with at the Sandbar actually had a buyer for his boat?
Talk to you later,
ChrisDOE!!!! eek! I was supposed to email that guy with some pictures!!! Thanks for reminding me.

HM
08-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Hey Chris,
check your email. :D

G-Ride
08-22-2002, 09:24 AM
So is it Sunday or Saturday?? ;)Inquiry minds want to know.
Seriously I've got to mount a couple of new battery boxes, but I might be in for Sunday. :D
Joe

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 09:32 AM
G-Ride:
So is it Sunday or Saturday?? ;)Inquiry minds want to know.
Seriously I've got to mount a couple of new battery boxes, but I might be in for Sunday. :D
JoeI can only go on sunday so I will be there for sure.

HM
08-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey Travis,
was wondering when you would show up here!
This place is addictive - I got recogngized as an up and coming post *****!
Talk to ya soon,
Frank

HBjet
08-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Sunday I'll be there with my boat and I'll have my digital camera to take photos if you guys want some. Oh, I'll also have a GPS if you want to know the truth about your boats speed!
HBjet

XClutchboy725
08-22-2002, 09:50 AM
ALRIGHT TRAVIS!! Welcome to the boards!

HotHallet
08-22-2002, 10:02 AM
This is totally addictive. I need to actually get some work done today. Frank, that ride in the Mandella was wicked. I have told so many people about it. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if the pedal was all the way down. I need some help this winter putting a diverter on my boat, installing new carpet with a false floor center section, and doing a few odd's and ends. Anybody into it? I'd like to buy a used diverter so I don't have to spend so much coin.Chris let me know if you and Tyson need help wet sanding his boat. If you buy the beer I'll be there. I need to put a new bilge pump in my boat this winter and I'd like to do a few other things like install a new rub rail, Hallet badges, etc. For the most part she is pretty solid and a good running boat. One more thing, Baffles Suck!!!!!

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 10:12 AM
HBjet:
Sunday I'll be there with my boat and I'll have my digital camera to take photos if you guys want some. Oh, I'll also have a GPS if you want to know the truth about your boats speed!
HBjetNICE!

78Eliminator
08-22-2002, 10:15 AM
HBjet:
HBjetSee you there. I'll be there for sure. Bring your tools :)

HM
08-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Travis,
I took the flatty out to Elsinore shortly after the CBBB and gave it similar runs to what we did in similar conditions - rough. At the same RPM, with the plates down, I was doing a tad over 85 MPH. With the plates up a little more, I was a tad over 90 MPH (on the GPS Nordskog speedo). I need to install the tattle-tail switch as it is tough to try to watch the speedo while holding on for life. By the way, next time, we are wearing PFD's!
I still had over 1200 RPM left, and it wanted to get there! I don't! Karin won't let me!
later,
Frank

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 10:20 AM
HolyMoly:
Travis,
I still had over 1200 RPM left, and it wanted to get there! I don't! Karin won't let me!
later,
FrankIf you really want to know, I'd be happy to run it for you and let you know what the results were. eek! Of course I might have to make 2 or 3 passes just to make sure the results weren't a fuke. :D

78Eliminator
08-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Tom Foolery:
If you really want to know, I'd be happy to run it for you and let you know what the results were. eek! Of course I might have to make 2 or 3 passes just to make sure the results weren't a fuke. :D Of course, he will also want a second opinion, and that is where I come in.......

HM
08-22-2002, 10:33 AM
Sure, just give me a $30K security deposit and have at it!
wink

cal-air
08-22-2002, 10:36 AM
I'll be there on Sunday as well, Frank you're not gonna be there?

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 10:40 AM
HolyMoly:
wink Too rich for my blood. The world may never know.

HM
08-22-2002, 10:41 AM
FYI -
Sunday is the busiest day on Elsinore, and full of lake lice. The water is usually torn up by 9 AM. If you have more than 2 people in your vehicle, go to Lake Elsinore Recreational Area, about 1/4 mile north of Elsinore Marina. Nice wide ramp, nice channel to the lake, and no extra fees for extra people.
Elsinore Marina - $14 - includes lake use and launch, but $5 for each additional people over 2.
Lake Elsinore Recreation Area - $14 for everything and everyone.
Lake Elsinore Recreation Area ramp is not as protected as Lake Elsinore Marina, but it still pretty good.

HM
08-22-2002, 10:45 AM
cal-air:
I'll be there on Sunday as well, Frank you're not gonna be there?Randy, I am leaving tommorrow (Friday) for Mohave. Will be there until the following friday on a houseboat. My family, the inlaws, my brother's inlaws are going. We have 4 houseboat with over 12 people on each house boat, 7 boats, 6 lake lice - probably more as people are renting.
But, I plannin on hangin on Canyon Lake and Elsinore on Labor Day weekend. If anyone comes up then, give me a shout.

HM
08-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Tom Foolery:
HolyMoly:
wink Too rich for my blood. The world may never know.Erik - As long as I own it, the world WILL NEVER know! LOL
I can't drive the thing much past 90 mph. The boat does not take a set, and skips like a silver dollar. (or I should say I cannot get the boat to take a set). I think I need to bring out someone who knows how to drive that fast in a flatty and who knows how to set up a flattie to run at speeds in excess of 100. I have been told not to try and drive a Mandella over 100, and that my motor is too far back.
And, I am trying to sell it in excess of $20K and want to keep it together! I spent $15k on the last rebuild, and Karin would have serious issues with me if I break it again!

HBjet
08-22-2002, 11:49 AM
So what time is everyone going to meet? I was thinking meeting at the lake at 7am?
HBjet

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 11:53 AM
HBjet:
So what time is everyone going to meet? I was thinking meeting at the lake at 7am?
HBjetI might have trouble getting the girlfriend up early enough to be there by 7am. I was going to shoot for 9 or 10am. We should pick a place & time to get us late risers and early morning testers together.

78Eliminator
08-22-2002, 11:57 AM
HBjet:
HBjetSounds good to me. Get there for the glass...

cal-air
08-22-2002, 11:58 AM
Everyone be sure and bring any extra fire extinguishers if you have them..........

78Eliminator
08-22-2002, 12:02 PM
cal-air:
Everyone be sure and bring any extra fire extinguishers if you have them..........Chuckle chuckle........it's getting old.
wink

HBjet
08-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Well, I would like to be there early. When it gets rough, I'm getting off the water.
HBjet

HM
08-22-2002, 12:05 PM
78Eliminator:
HBjet:
HBjetSounds good to me. Get there for the glass...There is glass, but watch out for a-holes with balast systems pulling wake boarders (usually me on Saturday mornings - we carry an extra 1500 lbs in a boat that weighs 3000 lbs to begin with - hence the reason I had a brace on my leg at CBBB!). If it is foggy, there will be a little wind chop.

cal-air
08-22-2002, 12:21 PM
There is glass, but watch out for a-holes with balast systems pulling wakeboardersHey, I resemble that remark.

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 01:53 PM
So, will I be showing up as you guys are pulling your boats out of the water around 10am or will some of you be sticking around for a while?

HBjet
08-22-2002, 02:01 PM
Tom Foolery:
So, will I be showing up as you guys are pulling your boats out of the water around 10am or will some of you be sticking around for a while?Yeah, we will be working on 78Eliminators boat, so don't worry. We'll be around!

HotHallet
08-22-2002, 02:03 PM
A good place to meet at Elsinore is at Coors Light Cove. On your first circle lap it is the cove tucked way in the back. Usually there is a lot of jet boats in their, unfortunately some water maggets (sea doo people)and a few big dick extension boats like 80,000 dollar Eliminator cats with complete morons behind the wheel. Oh well, those who have divereters can spray them. Since I am not bringing my boat anyone who needs an extra hand backing in trailers and parking can count on me.Jeff that includes you and i will try to back your trailer in even more perfect than I did the last time.Look forward to Sunday and consuming a few beverages with everyone especially Randy (lets rock some AC/DC). For those about to Rock, We salute you!! I recommend getting off the 15S at Central 74 exit and going right, then right at stop and left at next stop. Take this up through hills and drop down into Elsinore. Keep going until you see white brick wall on left that says Lake Elsinore. See you Sunday!

Bense468
08-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Randy are you planning on coming out to Blythe?

XClutchboy725
08-22-2002, 02:10 PM
Travis, what time are you going to show?
If I go it will be solo, so I'll definitely need help launching and retreiving.
I'd like to go early, to get some nice water!

hack job
08-22-2002, 02:23 PM
welcome to the boards travis good to see that you all are amking it here . how ever slow it might be lol wink i believe that were in though i most likly will not have my boat! frown

flat broke
08-22-2002, 02:25 PM
HotHallet:
Randy (lets rock some AC/DC). For those about to Rock, We salute you!! I recommend getting off the 15S at Central 74 exit and going right, then right at stop and left at next stop. Take this up through hills and drop down into Elsinore. Keep going until you see white brick wall on left that says Lake Elsinore. See you Sunday!If you're a anal prick like me, you'll get off 1 exit sooner at Nichols Rd, hang a right, then a quick left, then a right at the stopsign and avoid backtracking from Central wink Shhh don't tell anyone but I lived in Elsinore for more than a couple summers back in my youth. As for the AC/DC, I'm sure we can get something going. :)
Chris
Chris

XClutchboy725
08-22-2002, 02:36 PM
This is shaping up to be one hell of a PARTY!!!!!
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping40.gif
I'm lookin' foreward to seein' everyone again!

MikeF
08-22-2002, 02:40 PM
Well......My river trip did not work out as planned because of a coolant leak that my truck developed this morning. I have still not been able to locate the source of the drip (even though I sprayed off the area and replaced the coolant).
Instead of testing my coolant system on some rather large hills on the way to Needles, I was thinking about showing up @ Elsinore too for the testing session!
I have all of the boat together and just need to make some minor adjustments to the rope seal on the pump (hasn't been wet yet).
Whadda you think, can I come?! :D I like early. Mike

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 02:44 PM
MikeF:
Whadda you think, can I come?! :D I like early. MikeOf course! :D

Elsinore Cop
08-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Weekends are not the best time for speed runs. Remember "reasonable and prudent." If there are a lot of boats and PWCs crossing through the high speed zone, it may not be safe to run really high speeds. Also, a fish die off just started yesterday. Hopefully this won't continue - bad for business. Enjoy your weekend. I'll be out there myself on Sunday.

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Elsinore Cop:
Also, a fish die off just started yesterday. Hopefully this won't continue - bad for business. Enjoy your weekend. Lovely :( Oh well I wasn't planning on getting wet anyways.
[ August 22, 2002, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

Tom Foolery
08-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Elsinore Cop:
I'll be out there myself on Sunday.If you see us stop by and say hi, just keep the lights off so you don't give me a heart attack. :D

MikeF
08-22-2002, 03:56 PM
Cool!, Jus trying to figure out which day to go.
I'd kinda like to meet HB as he has a boat like mine, and Chris (flat broke) cause he helped me w/ the wiring problem.
I'll probably be solo to so I will need some help w/ the testing.
Where are you going to launch from? The only place that I've put in @ Elsinore has been the most northwestern corner of the lake (can't remember the name)(white brick entry).
Thanx, Mike

HM
08-22-2002, 06:27 PM
flat broke:
HotHallet:
Randy (lets rock some AC/DC). For those about to Rock, We salute you!! I recommend getting off the 15S at Central 74 exit and going right, then right at stop and left at next stop. Take this up through hills and drop down into Elsinore. Keep going until you see white brick wall on left that says Lake Elsinore. See you Sunday!If you're a anal prick like me, you'll get off 1 exit sooner at Nichols Rd, hang a right, then a quick left, then a right at the stopsign and avoid backtracking from Central wink Shhh don't tell anyone but I lived in Elsinore for more than a couple summers back in my youth. As for the AC/DC, I'm sure we can get something going. :)
Chris
ChrisOr, if you want the fastest way into Elsinore from OC/LA take the exit before that. Guys from S.D. County should exit Central.
Lake Street is repaved and the BEST way into Elsinore. Exit Lake from 15 and right on Lake st. Hang a left at Lakeshore, then a right on Riverside. I Highly reccommend going to Lake Elsinore Recreational Use Area, as you don't get popped for extra people in your vehicle. It is about a 1/4 mile after Jack in the Box on the left.
Have fun! I will miss you guys. :rolleyes:

revndave
08-23-2002, 05:56 AM
I BE OUT IN THE MORNING TO TEST.MAYBE HAVE A FEW POPS.HOLY WILL YOU BE OUT THERE?

HM
08-23-2002, 06:00 AM
Dave, I am not gonna make it on sunday, I leave for a family trip today. You will have to be the designated 90 + MPH guy!

revndave
08-23-2002, 06:05 AM
I WISH MY NEW IMPELLER WOULD COME IN .TOM THINKS WE CAN RUN 100+ WITH IT.HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND.I LIKE PEOPLE TO HEAR WHAT 7100RPM SOUNDS LIKE AT 7:00AM ON SUNDAYS.HA HA

HM
08-23-2002, 07:35 AM
revndave:
I LIKE PEOPLE TO HEAR WHAT 7100RPM SOUNDS LIKE AT 7:00AM ON SUNDAYS.HA HALOL - Me too! Except I am too big a puss to rev mine to 7100!
I especially like to do a fly-by at Cranes (from the speed zone of course wink )

cyclone
08-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Hey Travis i might need you and your truck to bring the cyclone to Elsinore. There is a couple of prospective buyers that want to go for a ride. Can you hook a brother up?

HBjet
08-23-2002, 10:11 AM
cyclone:
Hey Travis i might need you and your truck to bring the cyclone to Elsinore. There is a couple of prospective buyers that want to go for a ride. Can you hook a brother up?What a pimp.....has to have both of his boats there!
HBjet

77charger
08-23-2002, 04:13 PM
i might be out there sun morn also will be testing a placecraft tunnel with blown motor its blue and white.will be out there around 7 am.

revndave
08-23-2002, 06:39 PM
WENT TO ELSINORE MARINA TODAY CLOSED BECAUSE OF DEAD FISH.LAKE IS NASTY AND SMELLS.TONS OF DEAD FISH IN LAKE.DON'T RECOMMEND ELSINORE THIS WEEKEND.DON'T NEED TO MAKE CARP MILK SHAKES.I'LL SEE YOU GUYS WHEN LAKE IS OK.LATER

Raskal
08-23-2002, 08:59 PM
thats a bad deal when the fish die like that stinks real bad. but maybe see some off you guys there any way. ill be in green and white 18' wikiki says "aint no big thing" so if carb graps out again :mad: maybe some one can help thanks :cool:
see yah
[ August 23, 2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

HBjet
08-23-2002, 11:57 PM
revndave:
WENT TO ELSINORE MARINA TODAY CLOSED BECAUSE OF DEAD FISH.LAKE IS NASTY AND SMELLS.TONS OF DEAD FISH IN LAKE.DON'T RECOMMEND ELSINORE THIS WEEKEND.DON'T NEED TO MAKE CARP MILK SHAKES.I'LL SEE YOU GUYS WHEN LAKE IS OK.LATERThis is not good!
We need a back up Plan! We can either truck over the Perris, but I'm not a ranger favorite since I was arrested there....what the hell though, I'm always in the mood for surprises! Or we can go.....(insert your lake choice here)
HBjet

Tom Foolery
08-24-2002, 09:59 AM
We need a back up Plan! We can either truck over the Perris, but I'm not a ranger favorite since I was arrested there....what the hell though, I'm always in the mood for surprises! Or we can go.....(insert your lake choice here)
I'll still try Elsinore on sunday moring, if its closed or just too nasty Perris will do i guess.
If anyone wants to change last minute let me know. you can reach me on my cell (310) 415-0154.
Silver Lining => Maybe the dead fish will keep people away & We'll have smooth water to run

Tom Foolery
08-24-2002, 10:34 AM
I just called Lake Elsinore Marina. They are not open yet today but expect to be open this afternoon and tomorrow. They said that the City Park was open (i guess the city takes care of themselves first.) So I'm still in. I'll check the boards tonight, hopefully I'll still see you all out there tomorrow morning.

hack job
08-24-2002, 02:09 PM
well we wont be there iam taking my boat to havasu tomorrow to get the gel done! yesh next year iam going to win best gel! no presssure on barney! wink lol any how have fun with the stinky dead fish! :D wish me luck!

XClutchboy725
08-24-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm backing out too!....something about dead fish carcuses just doesn't do it for me...

cal-air
08-24-2002, 03:09 PM
XClutchboy725:
I'm backing out too!....something about dead fish carcuses just doesn't do it for me...I 2nd that!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be a no-show as well, being that I plan on getting into the water I'm gonna go somewhere a little "cleaner".

DickDanger
08-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Kind of like when I was in the Utah desert(dont ask why) and saw a bunch of discarded 55 gallon drums with a $hitload of dead rabbits around them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....the water has to be pretty bad to kill off the carp. Might have better luck launching in a waste treatment plant pool.....-DD Out
[ August 24, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Windy
08-24-2002, 04:58 PM
The dead fish even made the news. We're not talking a few dead ones floating around either....eewww.

Chaddyshack
08-24-2002, 05:45 PM
Everybody and Chestah,
Nashville Bound and I are unable to attend due to his anniversary...he and the mrs. are in Vegas.
Don't get me wrong... would love to be there.. and rested this time!!!!!

Raskal
08-24-2002, 10:08 PM
maybe next time or at perris

Kwicherbichen
08-24-2002, 11:38 PM
As some of you may know, I've been doing a lot of Elsinore research. For the most part it is a selfish venture. I want the lake to be clean and nice so I can enjoy it for day trips. Since I started this little ressearch project to help the lake I have discovered there are few people in the local Government that really give a shit. That's sad :( For the most part no one wants to be contacted about lake issues and the ones that do talk to you give you the PR bullshit lines.
There is one site that provides no BS with regard to all of Elsinores woes Elsinore Magazine (http://elsinoremagazine.com) . There is tons of good info here. I recommend the front page, the Wendy Vines pages, and the archives.
Here's an article about the common causes for Fish Kills (http://www.broward.org/dni04900.htm)
http://elsinoremagazine.com/pefish.jpg
http://elsinoremagazine.com/fishkill.jpg

78Eliminator
08-25-2002, 05:20 AM
WTF?
Are you guys still going or what. It's 6am, the boat is hooked up and I don't know what to do:
Elsinore or San Vicente.
J
[ August 25, 2002, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

HBjet
08-25-2002, 01:58 PM
78Eliminator:
Elsinore or San Vicente.Now aren't you glad you went to Elsinore since we finally discovered what was wrong with your carbs?
Good seeing everyone there, I'll post more later and some photos.
HBjet

MikeF
08-25-2002, 02:26 PM
Jus want to say....other than the fact that 78Eliminator had problems w/ his "new" ***'* carbs (which I'm sure will get worked out!) and the stench from the fish......the testing went well! No high speed runs, but I had no problems w/ my boat.
Good to meet people from the board! Looking forward to more trips to spin the engine a little higher (or as high as the impeller will let it)!
The droop made the ride better through the chop and made it steer better too (left turns before wanted to slide the hull out cause of the "shortened skag" on the right side.....not a confident type of feeling)( I have spun it before eek! ). Although, now it launches out of the water far enough to unload the pump. A diverter should clear that problem in the future!
I had a good day! :D :D :D :D Mike

Elsinore Cop
08-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I heard some of you were there, but I didn't get out on the water til about 2:30. All the dead fish are cleaned up, but the smell remains on the North side (Elsinore West Marina to LERA-City Campground). See ya next time.

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 06:37 AM
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The fish were all cleaned up but like Elsinore Cop said the smell remained. The marina was really smelly, but out on the lake it seemed like normal smelly Elsinore. (I still wouldn't get in the water) It was nice to see everyone (at least those who weren't afraid to show up wink ) again and I'm pleased to report the boat has no more blow by problems. Its so nice to be able to get on the gas without making a mess of my boat.

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 07:29 AM
HBjet:
78Eliminator:
Elsinore or San Vicente.Now aren't you glad you went to Elsinore since we finally discovered what was wrong with your carbs?
Good seeing everyone there, I'll post more later and some photos.
HBjetMake sure to include some photos of the dead fish. Too bad they can't do "scratch and sniff" on the computer. It would really add to the effect.
Justin

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 07:33 AM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......just call me a PUSSY!

HBjet
08-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Pussy!

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 07:35 AM
WOW! Randy, you're quick on the trigger!
Oh Well, I deserve it i guess....

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 07:44 AM
XClutchboy725:
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......just call me a PUSSY!Guys who don't show up because of a dead fish or two (two thousand) = GAY
[ August 26, 2002, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Elsinore Cop
08-26-2002, 07:46 AM
Smelly dead carp. Its whats for dinner.

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 07:48 AM
I like to think that Jeff didn't show up because he heard my boat would be running good & he didn't want to get smoked. Its not true, but I like to think that it is. :rolleyes: Sorry you couldn't make it Jeff.
[ August 26, 2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

cyclone
08-26-2002, 08:43 AM
all i know is that when i backed the truck down the launch ramp i could have sworn that the ramp was chrome plated. It turned out to be fish scales covering the entire bottom portion of the ramp and reflecting the sun. NASTY! I still had a good time though.
HB-lets see those pics of Erik roosting the.....

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 08:50 AM
cyclone:
all i know is that when i backed the truck down the launch ramp i could have sworn that the ramp was chrome plated. It turned out to be fish scales covering the entire bottom portion of the ramp and reflecting the sun. NASTY! I still had a good time though.
HB-lets see those pics of Erik roosting the.....ixnay on the oostingray! :rolleyes: In the words of Shaggy, "It wasn't me" wink

HotHallet
08-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Elsinore was cool on Sunday. Sorry you missed it Jeff. Diverter wars were on and Erik's boat was hard charging. I was bummed to not have my boat there but then I thought about the nasty scum line everyone was going to have to wash and wax off of their boats. Randy was running on fumes all morning so when he looked in his gas tanks and his voice made an echo he figured it was time to head for the trailer. I am taking off for Lake Mead on Thrusday to spend a weekend with the family on the water.After that I hope to get in atleast a few more trips-one to Needles Marina Park and one to Blythe. I heard Chris and Tyson drug Tyson's boat to Havasu for gelcoat. Cool! I guess you guys don't need my help with wetsanding now but we should find some excuse to get together and drink beers. Maybe we can wash and wax Chris' boat or something over a case of coolies. Talk to everyone later!

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Geeez, I'm taking a beating here!
Oh Well, I'll take one for the team!
at least I'm not cleaning fish scum off my boat tonight...
We're headed to Lake Mohave for a week long houseboat vacation starting Sept. 8th! Is anyone going to be around that nick of the woods then?

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 09:07 AM
ERIK ? What or who did you roost?
inquiring minds want to know.....

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 09:18 AM
XClutchboy725:
We're headed to Lake Mohave for a week long houseboat vacation starting Sept. 8th! Is anyone going to be around that nick of the woods then?You lucky bastard!! I'll be Leaving for Mohave after work September 6th & Leaving fairly early on the 9th but we'll have to get together on sunday.

XClutchboy725
08-26-2002, 09:24 AM
ABSOLUTELY! will you be on the north or south end? Katheryns or Cottonwood? We will be up at Cottonwood, early boarding on Sat. afternoon then looking for a spot to park Sun. morning. I don't mind heading south to meet ya if you are down there, as long as the lake isn't blown out!

hack job
08-26-2002, 09:36 AM
sorry i missed it ! i mde the long trip to havasu to drop off my boat and get the process started ! but the good news is that all i have to do now is wait till its done then go pick it up and put it all back togethr and do the new carpet... lots of stuff to do! lol sounds like you guys had a hell of a time lets see the pics! wink

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 09:44 AM
XClutchboy725:
ABSOLUTELY! will you be on the north or south end? Katheryns or Cottonwood? We will be up at Cottonwood, early boarding on Sat. afternoon then looking for a spot to park Sun. morning. I don't mind heading south to meet ya if you are down there, as long as the lake isn't blown out!Jeff, Check your e-mail. We will be out of Kathrines but usually stay around the 9 mile marker on the Nevada side. Are you heading north or south out of Cottonwood? If one of us crosses the basin in our boats & the wind comes up we may be spending more time together than planned!

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 09:52 AM
All I know is that everyone breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that I had issues with my boat and knew they wouldn't get spanked big time. Watch out for next time fellas!
Justin (waiting to be fired back upon)
[ August 26, 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

HBjet
08-26-2002, 10:58 AM
Here is a teaser!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/DSCN7176.JPG
Hmmm, is this legal?
HBjet

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 11:03 AM
HBjet:
Here is a teaser!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/DSCN7176.JPG
Hmmm, is this legal?
HBjetHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worse:
The shit inside the toilets or the water being sprayed on them??!!! LOL

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 11:08 AM
78Eliminator:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worse:
The shit inside the toilets or the water being sprayed on them??!!! LOLThere's a difference?

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 11:09 AM
Tom Foolery:
78Eliminator:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worse:
The shit inside the toilets or the water being sprayed on them??!!! LOLThere's a difference?Last time I checked, dead fish didn't come out my ass!!!!!! I think I see a fish head in the roost......
[ August 26, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 11:10 AM
HBjet:
Here is a teaser!
Hmmm, is this legal?
HBjetThat's a great shot Randy, I especially like how you can't see the boat (or driver) in the picture. wink
Its amazing how nice the water looks in that picture. It was really nasty, even for elsinore standards.
[ August 26, 2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Tom Foolery:
That's a great shot Randy, I especially like how you can't see the boat (or driver) in the picture. wink
Its amazing how nice the water looks in that picture. It was really nasty, even for elsinore standards.Uhhhh, Randy didn't take that shot, right (wink, wink, hint, hint)? I'm not sure where Randy got those shots. I think he got them from that one guy there that no one knew.....

cyclone
08-26-2002, 11:16 AM
well i'm positive that it wasn't me in that photo because from that angle, I must have been the one that took it. so that only leaves two other boats in the water....hmmm. who could it be?

Tom Foolery
08-26-2002, 11:19 AM
78Eliminator:
Uhhhh, Randy didn't take that shot, right (wink, wink, hint, hint)? I'm not sure where Randy got those shots. I think he got them from that one guy there that no one knew.....Riiiiight! What I ment to say was that picture you found on the internet looks great. Thanks for that clarification Justin!

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 11:21 AM
Tom Foolery:
78Eliminator:
Uhhhh, Randy didn't take that shot, right (wink, wink, hint, hint)? I'm not sure where Randy got those shots. I think he got them from that one guy there that no one knew.....Riiiiight! What I ment to say was that picture you found on the internet looks great. Thanks for that clarification Justin!All I know is that while that picture was being taken (by that one guy that no one knows) I was f'ing with my carbs by the dock. I had nothing to do with that. I don't break the law. I have never broke the law. I'm a law obiding, god fearing american......
J

HotHallet
08-26-2002, 11:38 AM
I dunno about Elsinore anymore. Sunday was fun but I think I need to go to the doctor now(J/K). Randy was crankin' the DC in his truck and we almost started rocking out on the ramp. I am only 26 and "on a highway to hell". If not this season we need to organize a trip to McIntyre Park in Blythe next season. It's awesome there. Tyson, I can't wait to see your boat. What colors are you having the gelcoat done in or is it a secret. I'll just get you rippin' drunk and get it out of you or I'll just ask Chris. Anybody know where I can score new trailer fenders this winter? I want to start getting ready to pull my boat off the trailer maybe this winter and prepare to redo it (powdercoat it, re-bunk it, rewire it, etc.) What is everyone doing for Labor day weekend? If you are going to the river where are you fighting the crazies? I'm headed to Lake Mead with the folks with a kitchen pass because Leslie has to work. If anyone is headed that way call me at 310-344-2555 and we can hook up. We should organize a trip up there as their is rooms at the Hacienda Hotel right up from the ramp and about 3 miles from my folks house. When I backed Erik's (Tom Foolrey's)trailer in the water on Sunday after boating for a few hours I had to get ankle deep to clip the boat up front and a dead fish floated right up onto one of his bunks. Nasty! It was a bummer all the dick extension Eliminator cats and other big boats were not present as it would have been fun to tease. Randy next time AC/DC plays a concert we gotta go! Anyway hopefully I'll see some ofr you guys back out on the water soon.

Screaming Pete
08-26-2002, 11:40 AM
78Elem, are you going to martinez for labor day?
i see you got your boat running? did you get the fuel pump back? :cool:

78Eliminator
08-26-2002, 11:42 AM
Screaming Pete:
78Elem, are you going to martinez for labor day?
i see you got your boat running? did you get the fuel pump back? :cool: Running? I don't think you read the thread.....
Still broke. With new carb floats, I should be ok.

DickDanger
08-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Elsinore Cop:
Smelly dead carp. Its whats for dinner.LMAO!!!! Well, at least a guy that works there can joke about it. Did the "Gortons" truck stop by and get em? I hear they have a real racket going in Europe with their "fish sticks". -DD Out

HBjet
08-26-2002, 05:56 PM
Alright!
I had a good time Sunday. Met MikeF who owns this bad ass Liberty (ex race boat) Next time we need to all be on the water together. Speaking of being on the water, 78Eliminator is almost there. I'm sure glad MikeF and you discovered the problem.....so get it handled! Next time we all go out, you need to be able to run with us. Erik, your boat radio rocks! I'm going to have to get the same setup in my boat. Travis, AC/DC always rocks at 8am driving to the lake! It was good seeing you guys! Mike (Cyclone), your boat sucks! haha! Just messing with ya. We need to ditch that single carb tunnel ram setup and bolt those 750DP's on there. Then maybe, just maybe you will be able to drive by me.........Nah!
The lake smelled like shit (dead fish) at the ramp, and that sucked big time, but the water was smooth, the air was nice, and no one broke down.
Elsinore Cop, I met one of your men out there. Nice guy, and laughed when I asked him if he was Elsinore Cop. I'm sure he thought for a second I was drunk or something......being we were on Lake Elsinore and yes, he is a cop....Sorry we missed ya.
Ok, here are the photos.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/dietcoke.JPG
Travis and Erik
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/tf003.JPG
Is that in the speed zone?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/tf002.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/cyc001.JPG
Cyclone doing something.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/tf001.JPG
I wonder what he is setting up to do?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/unknown.JPG
here is one of those other guys.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/mikef001.JPG
MikeF's Liberty...!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/mikef003.JPG
HBjet
[ August 26, 2002, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Kwicherbichen
08-26-2002, 11:47 PM
At $65,000 a piece they should get a wash down once in a while.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/unknown.JPG

Tom Foolery
08-27-2002, 06:28 AM
Those are nice shots Randy, thanks. Next time I'll have to remember to take my girlfriends digital camera so we can get a few of you in there too.

bordsmnj
08-28-2002, 10:21 PM
i was at elsinore on sunday eve. took out my project boat(read - still a piece but not as much of a piece as it once was)with a new 327 chevy that took all summer to build and siezed my sorry old jet. did some lifter damage too. still not gonna sell it though...I'll be back. and a big thanks to the locals that showed up outa nowhere when i was adrift as it was getting dark. appreciate the tow. don't ever name your boat "finaly finished" yuk,yuk.

HotHallet
08-29-2002, 08:23 AM
Hey bordsmnj- Atleast it was at the tail end of the season and you got all winter to fix it.

Miss hack job
08-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Nice pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry we missed it. frown

cyclone
08-29-2002, 12:23 PM
despite the smell, i had a good time. lol.

HBjet
08-29-2002, 12:30 PM
cyclone:
despite the smell, i had a good time. lol.Are you talking about when you got home or something? LOL

cal-air
08-29-2002, 12:35 PM
HBjet:
cyclone:
despite the smell, i had a good time. lol.Are you talking about when you got home or something? LOLI think he's talking about when he was at 78eliminator's mom's house..... :D